Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire

I'm not sure which one of these figures is a bit scary: that Belov guy or Arkan? Although with the Baltic Theater completed, could we see more updates on Central Asia, the Caucasus and the Balkans?

Avitus updates his TL, now you update your excellent TL! :D

I love the update, bit longer than usual, but still great. Wouldn't 100,000 Estonians killed deeply affect the country?

Poor Estonia. Glad Limonv is getting what he deserves by the end. (And remember the idea I suggested a while back?)

Yes indeed, and i have been thinking about how to work that into the TL. i do think he will change gears a lot, although in TTL we get hints that the way he reinvents himself is as an unapologetic Zhirinovsky supporter, but he may try and moderate his image much like what we saw in OTL :eek:

Yes indeed, and i have been thinking about how to work that into the TL. i do think he will change gears a lot, although in TTL we get hints that the way he reinvents himself is as an unapologetic Zhirinovsky supporter, but he may try and moderate his image much like what we saw in OTL :eek:
I was referring to a cameo of a celebrity of sorts. (The late Mary Tamm.)

I'm not sure which one of these figures is a bit scary: that Belov guy or Arkan? Although with the Baltic Theater completed, could we see more updates on Central Asia, the Caucasus and the Balkans?

Yes, we will be going back to helsinki in the next update, and then we will see what is going on in Central Asia and also Belarus (which has emerged as a Communist stronghold ITTL)

Avitus updates his TL, now you update your excellent TL! :D

I love the update, bit longer than usual, but still great. Wouldn't 100,000 Estonians killed deeply affect the country?

Thanks Tongera!

And yes, right now Estonia has surpassed Azerbaijan as the worst European conflict since the end of WW2 ITTL, it will have a huge impact. Also consider that about half of those casualties are Russian, which will mean it will have a huge impact of the Russian psyche as well.

Thanks Tongera!

And yes, right now Estonia has surpassed Azerbaijan as the worst European conflict since the end of WW2 ITTL, it will have a huge impact. Also consider that about half of those casualties are Russian, which will mean it will have a huge impact of the Russian psyche as well.

Estonia had a population of around 1 and a half Million. Wouldn't the damage affect it more than Azerbaijian? Also, couldn't Russian settlers be sent into Estonia to "recoup" the losses?

Fantastic update.

Kerrey's war crimes in Vietnam IOTL caused him great pain. I wonder how many more Bloody Recesses he can take before he decides he has to intervene somehow.

Fantastic update.

Kerrey's war crimes in Vietnam IOTL caused him great pain. I wonder how many more Bloody Recesses he can take before he decides he has to intervene somehow.

Thank you! :D

And great point on the Vietnam angle. That could play into the questions people asked about what the relationship between the UIS and Vietnam is ITTL. I personally wondered if Kerrey would support an opening of Vietnam like Clinton did. If he decided not to we could see the UIS pushing to have Kerrey "answer for his war crimes in Vietnam" as a way to curry favor with Hanoi

Most excellent update, Pellegrino.

Thank you Dan! :D

Estonia had a population of around 1 and a half Million. Wouldn't the damage affect it more than Azerbaijian? Also, couldn't Russian settlers be sent into Estonia to "recoup" the losses?

With a declining birth rate, I doubt Z-man could send the Russian settlers westwards.

Unless he personally and all Russians start breeding to bring up the birth rate. :p

Seriously, maybe a few thousand here and a few thousand there can be sent now and again?

There's his bizarre polygamy proposal.

I tend to agree with Marshal, I think with the declining birth rate, the emergence of the Russian Republic of the Baltic as a virtual fascist paraiah state, and these military commitments all over the world coupled with Kazakhstan being a much, much more appealing location for settlers, I think Zhirinovsky will have a tough time finding "willing" settlers to go to Estonia.

But don't worry, his bizzare polygamy proposal should be coming into play ITTL shortly :eek:

I tend to agree with Marshal, I think with the declining birth rate, the emergence of the Russian Republic of the Baltic as a virtual fascist paraiah state, and these military commitments all over the world coupled with Kazakhstan being a much, much more appealing location for settlers, I think Zhirinovsky will have a tough time finding "willing" settlers to go to Estonia.

But don't worry, his bizzare polygamy proposal should be coming into play ITTL shortly :eek:

But at least the polygamy proposal should limit how many wives a man could take. Also, Z-man should think about solving the issue of why so many men die earlier than women.