The HEART Development and Core Thread

New update on Cuba and the Gulf of Mexico:
- Pinar del Rio
- Artemisa
- La Habana
- Mayabeque
- Northern coastline of Mexico + Scorpion Atoll

1713164282234.png

I also updated my previous patch of east Cuba, in which the province borders were not very good:
1713164449448.png

Patch #85

3 new states and 1 new country, 33/50 US states are done, I managed to finally do those states with the seasonal lakes, they should all be marked and in the correct positions now!

Added Arizona
Added Utah
Added Nevada
Added Kenya
1713195788750.png

1713195774920.png

4# Patch for HEART addon:

- Kursk Governorate (not ready) / actually I think progress of Russian Empire will slow down for a while

- All of Austria-Hungary is done
- All of Serbia
- All of Montenegro (couldn't find administrative map)
- All of Albania (couldn't find administrative map)
- All of Romania
- All of Switzerland & Liechtenstein

- Start working on Italy
1914_4.png

4# Patch for HEART addon:

- Kursk Governorate (not ready) / actually I think progress of Russian Empire will slow down for a while

- All of Austria-Hungary is done
- All of Serbia
- All of Montenegro (couldn't find administrative map)
- All of Albania (couldn't find administrative map)
- All of Romania
- All of Switzerland & Liechtenstein

- Start working on Italy
View attachment 901272
Switzerland's color should probably altered — as it stands right now, it's too confusable as an Italian puppet state...

Suddenly today I can't get G-projector to start beyond the file selection window. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it? I already tried installing the latest version and setting JAVA_HOME but still nothing.

Suddenly today I can't get G-projector to start beyond the file selection window. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it? I already tried installing the latest version and setting JAVA_HOME but still nothing.
What version of the projector are you using? After 3.04 they made some changed to how some projectons (namely robinson) are framed so the newer versions are not aligned to HEART, for HEART only JAVA 9 or higher is required.
Switzerland's color should probably altered — as it stands right now, it's too confusable as an Italian puppet state...
Most maps here I saw use some pale blue grey which had the same effect but for France.

I am at least okay with Switzerland's green colour, I quite like it. I don't mind it being changed, but I neither mistake it for an Italian puppet state nor for some kind of Caliphate.

Yeah, but it fits more than very light lime green. It's just not associated with Switzerland. Maybe some dark grey red? Or light grey red
Unless speaking about the Netherlands no country on earth has a single national colour, so what colour map makers give countries on a map is completely arbitrary. As such I have arbitrarly made Switserland lime green on my map.

As I said before please feel free to pick whatever colours of your licking on your own HEART maps but let's not delve into arguments over what colour is naturally assiciated with a country because there are very few that self identify with a singular colour

5# Patch for HEART addon:

- All of Italy
- All of France
- All of Spain
(ofc without colonies for now)
- All of Persia
- All of Denmark

- Uryankhai Krai (Russian protectorate)

- start of Ottoman Empire progress
btw, I found map with 3rd lvl of divisions. Should I do it or HEART is only 1st and 2nd lvl?

- Also started Bulgaria, but couldn't find administrative map, so if someone have it - pls send me reply/DM

1914_5_2.png

Also a question: how should I visualize Russian and British spheres of infuence in Persia? And should I? Or just leave it without visualisation?
PERSIA1.png
PERSIA2.png
PERSIA3.png

Last edited:
Superb work! With a 1914 map and patches from other years, we can easily cover the 20th century with HEART-style maps, which will be immensely helpful. Also, I hope somebody finds Bulgarian administrative divisions, but I think you should continue even without them, e.g. on the Ottoman Empire, China, the Raj, colonised Africa, etc.

Superb work! With a 1914 map and patches from other years, we can easily cover the 20th century with HEART-style maps, which will be immensely helpful. Also, I hope somebody finds Bulgarian administrative divisions, but I think you should continue even without them, e.g. on the Ottoman Empire, China, the Raj, colonised Africa, etc.
Thanks! I think I'll easily done with Ottoman Empire in couple days (or today💀), but China, Raj and Africa I can do only without administrative divisions, because it's very hard to find them, especially China, mostly because of projection of China's territory in wikipedia and other resources. It is always the same everywhere

Thanks! I think I'll easily done with Ottoman Empire in couple days (or today💀), but China, Raj and Africa I can do only without administrative divisions, because it's very hard to find them, especially China, mostly because of projection of China's territory in wikipedia and other resources. It is always the same everywhere
You could probably ask @Linbot for some help; they're skilled in this regard.

- All of Italy
- All of France
- All of Spain
(ofc without colonies for now)
- All of Persia
- All of Denmark

- Uryankhai Krai (Russian protectorate)

- start of Ottoman Empire progress
btw, I found map with 3rd lvl of divisions. Should I do it or HEART is only 1st and 2nd lvl?

- Also started Bulgaria, but couldn't find administrative map, so if someone have it - pls send me reply/DM

Also a question: how should I visualize Russian and British spheres of infuence in Persia? And should I? Or just leave it without visualisation?
Dude this is amazing! It feels really great to see HEART is already being used to make such maps keep them coming!

As for the spheres of influence I think its really up to you if you want to show them or not.