Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool beans. So *WWII was Germany and someones vs an agressor France and someones? I would expect more visual evidence of PWNing, but ok...I'm a bit more puzzled by the North Chinese still hanging with the Russians given the whole "stole Manchuria" thing, if they're not an out and out puppet. Nobody else wants them in their clubhouse?

Bruce

The pwning was temporary. World War I agreements made at the Treaty of Berlin (The European equivalent the Treaty of Philadelphia) and mostly based on the overseas territories. Massive reparations, must give up claims in A-L, Independence for most of her Colonies or handing them over to the winning powers. There was a brief time when Italy controlled Nice and Savoy, but it lost those in the later Interwar Years and never got those back from France.

After World War II, France and Spain were partitioned by the victors. Britain and Belgium controlled an Occupation Zone in Northern France, Germany most of Eastern France, and Italy most of Southern France. Spain was split up as well, with most of Northern and Coastal Spain going to Italy, Southern Spain to Britain, and the rest to Portugal. Eventually, the zones would be combined in 1952 to make an Independent France, but several breakaway states existed until full unification in the 1990s, among them being a Fascist state in Southern France under Italian control. Paris and Madrid would be split into zones as well. In Paris, Britain, Germany, Italy, New York, and the Soviet Union, the major wartime powers, would split Paris up until the 1990s, and Portugal, Italy, and Britain would split Madrid. New York's Occupation Zone in Paris would the Co-Governed with the British Occupation Zone until 1987, when President Cuomo handed over New York's zone to the French Government.

Corsica would be given to Italy in 1946 after the conclusion of World War 2, and while they were guaranteed Nice and Savoy, the rest of the Grand Alliance opposed such gains due to Italy surrendering to the French in World War 2.

As for China, after World War 2, the Soviets set up a Communist State in Manchuria and Korea, but the Republic of China controlled most of mainland China. It wouldn't be until 1952 that a Peace Treaty is signed during the Chinese Civil War, splitting the country in two. The Soviets, having a much tighter grip over Manchuria and Korea than they do China decide to keep those areas separate from Beijing. This causes a lot of problems, and when the Chinese Civil War reignites in the 1960s (Along with the Korean War of Unification), some bizarre politics occurs that makes the Sino-Soviet Split look like just a minor argument between Beijing and Moscow.

Its all kicking off now! An alt-Great Depression has smacked down the Great Powers. A few details still niggle me though. I can't think of a suitable place to put the Confederal capital of the newly inaugurated Confederation of Comancheria within the United States. I also want to put subdivisions into the French Empire, now that its a scary Objectivist republic. But I'm not sure how I want to do it. So if anyone can help me out with that, PM me or just edit the map yourself and stick it here. Or on the Looser Union thread.

looserunionworldmap.png

I'm confused... The Tuscans are fighting against the Austrians?!?

And the Second French Empire is against the Papal States...

If Monaco Sardinian? Come to think of it, how did those things with Savoy and Nice go?

Monaco was a Piedmontese protectorate IOTL from 1814 until 1861 when it passed to French suzerainty, though the principality lost over 50% of its territory to France. Technically speaking, Monaco is still a French protectorate to this day.

I can't think of a suitable place to put the Confederal capital of the newly inaugurated Confederation of Comancheria within the United States.

well, if you want my two cents, I'd say denver is most likely as for one thing it's on the near side of the rockies to the rest of the country. also denver is reasonably well suited to being an interchange point between the rest of the country and the far side of the mountains.

other than that, the cache valley in northern utah is good land, and not as hard to develop as the salt lake valley. additionally it's a likely place to have a settlement already spung up on it, or at least a fair amount of traffic going through it, and has a history (for non-natives at least) that streaches back to when it was a locus of mountain man activity.

lastly, you could stick something down on either side of whatever is being used as the primary way through the mountains.

Yes it is an island. I would love to see the map. If you wanna email it to me that's fine.

What size is it supposed to be? The map with the dots on (I presume towns and cities etc?) makes it look fairly sizable...or at least, not a micro-nation. But it depends on scale I guess

What size is it supposed to be? The map with the dots on (I presume towns and cities etc?) makes it look fairly sizable...or at least, not a micro-nation. But it depends on scale I guess

Um, yes they are towns. The bigger dots are cities. The nation itself could be compared to Malta. Which makes it pretty small, but not the smallest i'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.