Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiat ->

Multiple PODs:

Independent Biafra
Enver Hoxha don't rule Albania (soviet puppet, whereas in OTL Albania was against both USSR and Chine, and Yugoslavia), but Xoce (pro-tito albanian) isn't the boss either, maybe a soviet-sided government?
Greater Abyssinia : Italia colonize Ethiopia in XIX and create a big colony with Erytrhea, Somalia, Ethiopia and with French and English Somalia?
1945 : Mongolia is annexed as Tannu-Tuva
Afghanistan War is winned by USSR
1945 : Gilan Sovietic Republic extend itself on all northern Persia
1949 : Not nationalist China in Taiwan
1919 : Creation of an Arabian Kingdom united, but it's divied in two parties when Seud takes Mecca
Kadhafi annex Azuzu band
Durable unifiation of Senegal and Gambia in Senegambia, and after, with Guinea
1919 Greece annex Eastern Thracia
Imperial Russia doesn't sell Alaska
India keep ALL Kashmir

It's all that i'm seeing so...The older POD will be That Russia doesn't sell Alaska...

Kiat ->

Multiple PODs:

Independent Biafra
Enver Hoxha don't rule Albania (soviet puppet, whereas in OTL Albania was against both USSR and Chine, and Yugoslavia), but Xoce (pro-tito albanian) isn't the boss either, maybe a soviet-sided government?
Greater Abyssinia : Italia colonize Ethiopia in XIX and create a big colony with Erytrhea, Somalia, Ethiopia and with French and English Somalia?
1945 : Mongolia is annexed as Tannu-Tuva
Afghanistan War is winned by USSR
1945 : Gilan Sovietic Republic extend itself on all northern Persia
1949 : Not nationalist China in Taiwan
1919 : Creation of an Arabian Kingdom united, but it's divied in two parties when Seud takes Mecca
Kadhafi annex Azuzu band
Durable unifiation of Senegal and Gambia in Senegambia, and after, with Guinea
1919 Greece annex Eastern Thracia
Imperial Russia doesn't sell Alaska
India keep ALL Kashmir

It's all that i'm seeing so...The older POD will be That Russia doesn't sell Alaska...

Wow, that's pretty good. In case of Arabia, I was kind of thinking an Arab Republic and Kingdom of Arabia. I guess the map could use a little more work.

The world of Colony-1 the year of human arrival. The aliens history was very different in the past and just happens to have converged to similarity when the human expiditionary force arrived.
gtrs.png

gtrs.png

Thank you all for your replies. in response to all the WTF?!?!?! style replies, I would just like to mention, that, critically, I forgot to mention this is a map of much later than OTL WWII, and I would say occurs around 2000 in what I would like to be known as WWIII. But I'm glad to have stirred up such controversy.:D

Shame on me, i have forgotten three more PODs

-Panama and Philippines are US territories, or maybe states
-Yemen isn't dived
-New random soviet-sided countries in the world

Mmm...For your corrected map i would say...Russia wins Crimea War?

Something like that. It goes back to the Sick Man of Europe deal. I know that Russia and Austria would have liked to partition Ottomania. So, Austria gets most of the Balkans, Russia gets Crimea and Asia Minor, Britain gets control over Middle East. Could it work, we will never know.

Mmm...For me GB would be too obsseded by "continental balance" to permit that Russia and Austria just expands themselves too big.
It's interesant anyway, but i think this situation would lead to a war with two sides : Austria/Russia and France/Prussia and maybe United Kingdom in the 1870's with the second side as winner with this changes

-Italian unification under France supervision in north and UK in south, and with an independent papal states as border between the two zones.
-Greater German Unification and Habsurgh became Emperors of Hungary
-Resurrection of a Puppet Ottoman Empire, limited in the north of ancient, with gains for UK in Middle-East and France in Africa, and OE became more french-sided
-Puppet State of Poland, dominated by Germany
-Gains in Baltic for Germany
-If southern Germany fight in Austria Side, France would gain Palatinate (yummy, said Napoleon III)

I thought it was pretty obvious Krall's post was done in jest, even towards himself.

Frankly, I almost always agree with Krall; we have too much 30-second MSPaint shit going on nowadays.
I think he goes too far. There's a very clearly demarcated line between helping someone new get better at mapping and personally insulting them.

If Krall had been around when I started mapmaking, I wouldn't have continued.

Mmm...For me GB would be too obsseded by "continental balance" to permit that Russia and Austria just expands themselves too big.
It's interesant anyway, but i think this situation would lead to a war with two sides : Austria/Russia and France/Prussia and maybe United Kingdom in the 1870's with the second side as winner with this changes

-Italian unification under France supervision in north and UK in south, and with an independent papal states as border between the two zones.
-Greater German Unification and Habsurgh became Emperors of Hungary
-Resurrection of a Puppet Ottoman Empire, limited in the north of ancient, with gains for UK in Middle-East and France in Africa, and OE became more french-sided
-Puppet State of Poland, dominated by Germany
-Gains in Baltic for Germany
-If southern Germany fight in Austria Side, France would gain Palatinate (yummy, said Napoleon III)

A possibility. I think I'll map out the world a little bit better, with a few snap shots through the years. The PoD will be the Sick Man of Europe. Britain might be persuaded to go along if it had complete control of the Middle East. I'll use ASBs if I have to, but I prefer a little realism.

Last edited:

Valdemar II

Banned
Napoleon stay on Elba: 1950(if everything else is just like OTL) :p

the British were Prussian close allies, so during 1930 they helped them crush the Belgian Revolt. Belgium remained under Prussian and then German control until WWI.
Austrian dominions in western Germany were annexed after the Austro-Prussian War.

After WWI France regain Alsace and get Belgium, Italy get Alto-Adige/Sudtirol and Austria become a divided country (ok, i know that with that eventuality maybe at Versailles things would be gone somewhat different ;))

WWII went as we know and here's Europe in the '50s with a slightly bigger West Germany and a still divided Austria.

what do you think is better? a divided Austria? Italy did not annexed Alto-Adige/Sudtirol? an indipendent Northtyrol? a german northtyrol? :D

Interesting but unlikely map, the different borders would result in radical different borders a century later. But it evolve in that way. But if Germany succed in uniting, the Prussian ownership of Belgium would result in a CP WWI victory.

But if you set these borders up, I think Italian and Austrian Tyrol would be united inot one state.

The planet of colony-2 where the humans have an even harder time. The locals are more alien than Colony-1 and more advanced. Note: The writing is human alphabet so that humans can read it, but in the local dialect of the planet.
shrimp.png

shrimp.png

Krall's post wasn't that great. It was just common sense. The map wasn't that great. This cult of personality around him is rather inane. And besides, I don't even know what "Epic Win' means.

I agree. I like Krall, but that post was rather rude. If someone has unrealistic elements in their maps, constructive criticism, suggestions, and explanations are the way to go, not ripping into someone like that.

For someone who is incredibly anal retentive like Krall, I wish he'd be a little more so when it comes to manners.

And at least the OP didn't use the lame-assed absolutely tired Greece-gets-half-of-Asia-Minor-and-Istanbul cliche. It's just so stupid and so unlikely you have to conclude people either don't know anything about history or just really hate Turks for no reason - or rather probably because they're Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.