Hello, forgive me if this has been previously discussed but what do we think could happen to make the Frankfurt Parliment more successful? Could a liberal republican Germany be formed in 1848? I was thinking that perhaps this would require a takeover of one of the more liberal states like Baden and probably support from the 2nd Republic. I think this would cause the Germans to be more interested in Schleswig-Holstein and the Czech Germans.

Hello, forgive me if this has been previously discussed but what do we think could happen to make the Frankfurt Parliment more successful? Could a liberal republican Germany be formed in 1848? I was thinking that perhaps this would require a takeover of one of the more liberal states like Baden and probably support from the 2nd Republic. I think this would cause the Germans to be more interested in Schleswig-Holstein and the Czech Germans.
Liberal yes, republican I doubt it. Even states like Baden were against republicanism.

No a chance, OTL was a small Miracle it wasn't shutdown by Prussia, FWIV was watching if those fools could be useful but once he realized they were bigger fools he thought they were, he told the army to shut it down

Prussia had problems of its own at the time in Berlin, FWIV was a little too busy to go and dissolve the Parliment. I agree republican seems rather unlikely but it doesn't seem impossible that some liberal government receives help from the French. If they get their act together while the Habsburgs are distracted in Hungary and Italy.

Last edited:
Prussia had problems of its own at the time in Berlin, I agree republican seems rather unlikely but it doesn't seem impossible that some liberal government receives help from the French.
I'm not an expert, but would the French republic support a state that wasn't also a republic this soon after their revolution?

Liberal yes, republican I doubt it. Even states like Baden were against republicanism.
Guh? Most monarchies were against republicanism, it's a non-statement. But the FP was fundamentally popular in nature. Royalist institutions we're mostly seen as a means to legitimacy and getting the support of conservative factions. There were republic-esq proposals during the convention of parliament.

B
Prussia had problems of its own at the time in Berlin, FWIV was a little too busy to go and dissolve the Parliment. I agree republican seems rather unlikely but it doesn't seem impossible that some liberal government receives help from the French. If they get their act together while the Habsburgs are distracted in Hungary and Italy.
He can whatever he wished,he just keep the army at the palace as wanted good sleep once the rebels were useless fools they were dispatched