WI on Nov 14, 1970...

HelloLegend

Banned
...the plane carrying the Marshall University football team, coaches, and fans did not crash but instead landed safely.

How would this change history in a noticable way?

History would be changed in the same way if the Titanic and Lusitania would not have been lost - as well as countless other similar tragedies on land, sea and air. However, the impact would be much smaller than if there had been no Great War.

HelloLegend

Banned
I doubt the butterfly effects would change anything noticable in my life in Arizona and whereever you are in the world (unless its West Virginia).

Xen

Banned
My brother and I discussed this after watching We Are Marshall. I don't know how different things would be in the world, they would be in West Virginia. I doubt Marshall would have been that good of a team in the 1970's, they might not have the worst record in college football that decade, but they wouldnt be good. This might have changed alot, especially in Huntington. Marshall football began to show signs of life in the 1980s, and if memory serves me they had the best winning percentage of all football programs in the 1990s, with two national championships. It was also in the 1990s Marshall sent up some of the finest players in the NFL, the infamous Randy Moss, Brad Pennington, and Byron Leftwich.

With a different athletics director, this could have all changed, its also possible they could have had this success earlier. Hard to tell, but nothing dramatic in the world scene. The beautiful memorial and the memorial building wouldnt be on the campus, I would have to wonder what would stand in its place? There was a cafeteria, and book store inside of the memorial building, and it was a nice gathering place for social events, especially just before ball games.

My brother and I discussed this after watching We Are Marshall. I don't know how different things would be in the world, they would be in West Virginia. I doubt Marshall would have been that good of a team in the 1970's, they might not have the worst record in college football that decade, but they wouldnt be good. This might have changed alot, especially in Huntington. Marshall football began to show signs of life in the 1980s, and if memory serves me they had the best winning percentage of all football programs in the 1990s, with two national championships. It was also in the 1990s Marshall sent up some of the finest players in the NFL, the infamous Randy Moss, Brad Pennington, and Byron Leftwich.

With a different athletics director, this could have all changed, its also possible they could have had this success earlier. Hard to tell, but nothing dramatic in the world scene. The beautiful memorial and the memorial building wouldnt be on the campus, I would have to wonder what would stand in its place? There was a cafeteria, and book store inside of the memorial building, and it was a nice gathering place for social events, especially just before ball games.
Probably a statute of Robert Byrd:rolleyes: