WI: Different Connecticut Capital

For much of its early history, the colony and later state of Connecticut had two capitals: Hartford and New Haven. In 1873, the public voted to have Hartford be its sole capital. A prominent factor in the decision was Trinity College donating part of its land to be part of the capital building. For some reason, what impact would Connecticut (and possibly the rest of New England and the northeast USA) face had the public gone the other way and voted New Haven as the sole capital?

For reference, here is a map of Connecticut.
Connecticut-city.jpg

The actual population center, the last time I looked it up, was somewhere close to the appropriately named town of Meridien. Both Hartford and New Haven are slightly off center, but not too bad.

Anyway this would have no impact whatsoever other than New Haven being slightly bigger and Hartford slightly smaller in population.

The actual population center, the last time I looked it up, was somewhere close to the appropriately named town of Meridien. Both Hartford and New Haven are slightly off center, but not too bad.

Anyway this would have no impact whatsoever other than New Haven being slightly bigger and Hartford slightly smaller in population.
One thing I always considered was that New Haven was actually a port city on the Long Island Sound while Hartford was not. This perhaps could indicate Connecticut being more mercantile? My guess is yes. Also, Hartford is more or less an independent city halfway between New York City and Boston while New Haven has kind of evolved into being part of New York City's backyard, given that it's in part of the New York statistical area per the Census Bureau while Hartford is not. I've pondered the idea that if New Haven was Connecticut's capital then the state culture as a whole could be more like New York than the rest of New England. Anyway, I created this idea when I saw on the news about future developments of both cities. Whilst having a discussion with family about it, it seemed like Hartford would be destined to have a future more bleak than New Haven and that's with the state investing in Hartford as the capital. We then wondered what the roles would be like between the two cities if New Haven was the state capital instead, and here I am.

Well the quiet corner is going to get even more forgotten

That proposal to enlarge Tweed probably happens or it is just built larger to begin with having the capital right there. That or Sikorsky is enlarged and Lordship is never really created. Bradley is probably a regional airport like Tweed in OTL

You probably have a more direct highway route from New Haven to Waterbury if New Haven is the state capital rather than having to go via Meriden or Trumbull

Well the quiet corner is going to get even more forgotten

That proposal to enlarge Tweed probably happens or it is just built larger to begin with having the capital right there. That or Sikorsky is enlarged and Lordship is never really created. Bradley is probably a regional airport like Tweed in OTL

You probably have a more direct highway route from New Haven to Waterbury if New Haven is the state capital rather than having to go via Meriden or Trumbull
Exactly. I feel like Connecticut culture would be more centered around New York and Long Island as a result, with the inland basically being shut out. And Route 34 probably gets extended to Route 8. People say Hartford is looking bleak now but at least it has a couple things going for it (being the state capital and insurance center).

Not sure if this is necrophilia or not but bumping this. Anyway, who's to say Connecticut would still be part of New England today?