WI/AHC: League of the Three Emperors Alt-WWI

iddt3

Donor
What it says on the tin. How do we get an Alt-WW1 with the League of Three Emperors on one side, and what happens if we do? Obviously Russia Germany and AH together are stronger than the Central powers were OTL, but assuming the French know this, they won't have any pressure to try for the same offensive operations as OTL early war, and could therefore be in a much better position to meet the German attack. To make things as fair as possible, lets say that the Allies consist of France, the UK, Italy, the Ottomans, Japan, and whatever other peripheral allies might make sense.

I think that the PoD need to be in the 19th century with Russia and A-H deciding to come to an agreement regarding the sphere of influence in the Balkans.
Personally i suggested this outcome in a TL where Russia is defeated by the Ottomans in the '78 war and A-H suffer a worse defeat in the Austro-Prussian war due to a better italian performance

Not only that, the Ottomans and Italians were not the best of friends OTL either.
So you have to somehow juggle the whole Italian colonial ambitions toward... what realy? Was there anything they wanted not taken?
Or you have to somehow get them onto the same boat. But seeing a they compeated for the same areas and OTL fought over them?

Regardless of that, the Three Emperors would realy smash up the Balkans, could hold the West and be a death stroke to the Ottomans. The Italians are probably the same as OTL, wanting more then they could chew. Because if the Austrians are not losing man like water in the East they should handiely hold the Alps and could concivebly go south.

So if the power structure is as loopsided as I imagine that it would be, the British could be rather friendly toward Germany and Russia... perfidious Albion letting the French fall under the (red doubledecker) bus. Hoping that the Three would break up and create something unstable.

Japan while a nice thing to have for the Entente would do what? Grab some land, take some ice and wait for the end? Because I doubt they could take on the Russians on land. The Naval side is no prob. But the land one could see them broken. Depeands on China, but those were interesting times...

Post 1900 POD is the Doggerbank incident - Britain and Russia make war. France decides to be Britains friend and stays neutral. Russia is approached by Germany after war and shifts allegiance. FF even OTL never saw Russia as inevitable enemy.

LordKalvert

Banned
I can't think of any coalition that would want to fight the three Emperors nor could I think of one that would win.

If the Three Emperor's had held together, there is no force on Earth that could stop them.

To create it, you would need to off Franz Joseph somehow. He never could accept Russian power because the Russians had given him his throne. So he ran around and played the great power at their expense. Franz Ferdinand had more sense

So yeah- get FF in there and have him split the Balkans in return for the Italian lands his uncle had lost. After that, its child's play.