WI: A FitzRoy line of the Tudor Dynasty

The match was a triumph for the Boleyn family as Mary was a former member of the Queen's household, and a staunch advocate of reform. It was also a very advantageous match for Mary as with no legitimate male heir to the throne the Duke was seen at the time as a likely future King. However, the marriage was not to last as FitzRoy died of consumption within three years. He had barely turned seventeen.

Fearful that too much sexual activity had hastened his elder brother Arthur's death, the King had ordered the couple not to consummate their marriage; which was probably not obeyed. As a result the Duchess was not allowed to keep many of the lands which would normally have been her entitlement as widow: the King insisted without the consummation it was not a true marriage.

As I am still on my Tudor Bender, and It's a topic that really hasn't been discussed yet me thinks, but what if the King hadn't ordered the couple to not consumate their marriage, but actually encouraged them to do so? let's say that Duke and Duchess of Richmond had indeed consumated on their wedding, only to produce a healthy boy in August of 1534? Would the birth of a male grandson give Henry VIII more of an incentive to push through legitimization of Henry FitzRoy through Parliament? Would Anne support it? or would the stress placed on her to produce a male heir be so great it would only contribute to more miscarriages and thus loss of favor with the King? Would the birth of son be enough to keep FitzRoy's health strong and for him not to die of consumption? How does Mary respond to a FitzRoy legitimization and might it give Henry VIII more incentive to get her married off? What are some other possible effects of a strong FitzRoy line to the Tudor throne?:D

Well, unless the Stuarts are intent on punching above their weight class, claiming future "FitzRoy" kings have a worse claim than they do, and trying to invade England, I think they're going to stay in Scotland and we won't see a Stuart dynasty in England.

Tudor Absolutism might last longer, as I doubt they'd be as pig-headed as the Stuarts to the point of provoking Parliament like Charles I did. One reason the Stuarts behaved like they did is they were used to weak Scottish Parliaments and not strong English ones.

Didn't the Pope offer to marry Princess Mary to FitzRoy in the hopes of persuading Henry VIII not to annule his marriage to Catherine of Aragon

Agreed I wanted to make sure we were talking about right FitzRoy

The only FitzRoy I'm aware of was Henry VIII's illegitimate son and his death was part of the "evidence" against Anne Boleyn.

Of course, "FitzRoy" is more of a title--(bastard) son of the King--than a name, so it's possible there was more than one.