Who would be the Sapa Inca if the Empire survived?

Is there a complete or at least substancial enough genealogical tree of the Sapa Inca? I tried to search for it and couldn't find much after the Empire itself ceased to exist. Even if its just a rough outline, I would appreciate information on the Sapa Inca's descendants, preferably direct descendants but cousins or other relatives would also be appreciated.

What is the pod
Well it isn't a very concrete thing, either simply that the Incans defeat Pizarro or I was also thinking something like an Imperial restoration after Peru gets independence, even if it is somewhat ASB. Really, right now I am more interested in the historical part of who would be the Incan Emperor than the "alternate" part of it (That would be my planned timeline, but first I need the historical basis of just who would be Emperor)

Well it isn't a very concrete thing, either simply that the Incans defeat Pizarro or I was also thinking something like an Imperial restoration after Peru gets independence, even if it is somewhat ASB. Really, right now I am more interested in the historical part of who would be the Incan Emperor than the "alternate" part of it (That would be my planned timeline, but first I need the historical basis of just who would be Emperor)
If the inca defeat pizzaro then you can have manco inca and his children be sapa inca as for who can be the sapa inca in 1821
You can chose from the
Betancur-Túpac Amaru line , the Condorcanqui-Túpac Amaru ( even though this one died in 1827)
Or the still alive Paullu Inca line.

Deleted member 160141

Eh... what? I never heard of this.

Considering that the Inca royal tree has maintained no wealth or any claim to their old title, unlike most pretenders to modern thrones, I would consider it extinct. :(

So you can pretty much write in whatever name you wish into an alt!history Wikipedia blurb and call them the current Sapa Inka of that timeline. Just make sure you have a basic knowledge of Quechua language and Inca royal naming practices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized how confusing and obscure all of this is, even the spanish Wikipedia doesn't really get farther than the very early 1800s and the absolute farthest it goes is with one branch up to 1932, with a man who doesn't have a wikipedia page nor does it have any sources (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_real_incaica). I guess I should have figured a dynasty from the 1500s that was decimated by the spanish wouldn't have that much information available, although now I wonder how the Incan timelines that strech into the 20th century deal with this lack of a clear heir.

I would assume that Sapa Inca dynasty has been long time extinct on male lineage or just assimilated to Peruvian society in such degree that they have even themselves forgotten their past.

Not sure if Spaniards ever gave any noble title to descendants of sapa Inca like they did with descendants of Moctezuma II.