Who rules Hungary if it becomes independent in early 19th century?

Grey Wolf

Donor
AFAIK the main possibilities are usually seen as

1) A cadet branch of the Habsburgs
2) The Esterhazy line

Or someone else?

Are there cadet branches of other lines still going?

Interesting -doesn't offend anyone- choice is Leopold Saxe-Coburg und Gotha-Kohary. Catholic, Saxon and his mother is Hungarian

Grey Wolf

Donor
If that is on 1848 there would not be a Habsburg at all, the magnates were pondering into searching for a member of the house of croy too

I am thinking in general, but that is interesting. Did the House of Croy have a historic link?

I am thinking in general, but that is interesting. Did the House of Croy have a historic link?
Yes the french Descendants of the King GEZA II of Hungary, in the era of national romanticism, that was the closest best to a direct descendant of Louis II or Matthias Hunyadi, that is why were considered, as the Magnates would rule in aristocraty/oligrachic method

If they go with a Croy, which one would be selected?

Personally, I think a Saxe-Coburg and Gotha-Kohary prince makes the most sense, followed by a magnate republic.

If they go with a Croy, which one would be select

Apparently the Drummond family also descend from a son of King András I of Hungary, who accompanied Edward Ætheling to Scotland in 1055.

But similarly to the question about the Croys, I have no idea if there's a "standout" candidate among the Drummonds who can claim an unbroken lineage