This is a new alternate history with ASB elements covering the Cold War:

What if the United States had gone to war with the Soviet Union? What if these rival superpowers had fought on land, sea, air, and the astral plane? What if the Soviets and Americans had struggled for dominion across parallel dimensions or on the surface of the moon? How would the world have changed? What wonders would have been unveiled? What terrors would have haunted mankind from those dark and dismal dimensions? Come closer, peer through a glass darkly, and discover the horrifying alternative visions of World War III from some of today’s greatest minds in science fiction, fantasy, and horror.

Includes new stories by David Drake, Brad R. Torgersen, Mike Resnick, Sarah A. Hoyt, and many more!

81MXdvFWWNL.jpg

Aliens one second, magic skunk rituals the next, and a moon landing with massive lunar temples. That’s a basic description of any mass paranormal Cold War drama. And this books premise sounds a lot like @Anarcho-Occultist one.
This is basically the premise of Metal Slug. Mix supernatural, super-science, and aliens all in one.

Trust me, it is! It is a completely bonkers anthology, complete with California and Utah secession from the Union, alien temples on the moon, Soviet control of extraterrestrial technology, the psychic assassination of U.S. presidents, and a Russian version of Hogwarts under Soviet control.

Trust me, it is! It is a completely bonkers anthology, complete with California and Utah secession from the Union, alien temples on the moon, Soviet control of extraterrestrial technology, the psychic assassination of U.S. presidents, and a Russian version of Hogwarts under Soviet control.
Kind of sounds like a Soviet wank, not gonna lie.

Kind of sounds like a Soviet wank, not gonna lie.
Don't worry, the Soviets screw themselves over in multiple stories, either by angering alien beings, opening up demonic portals, assassination of Soviet Premiers and Politburo members, screwing over leaders of the Third World, etc. , only to have the consequences come to bite them on the rear end....

This is basically the premise of Metal Slug. Mix supernatural, super-science, and aliens all in one.
I thought the premise of the games were a WWII-esque war was fought in the "near future" in some vague world superstate with schizo tech, at least for the first game. The later games moved away from that, mostly, in favor of ASB elements.

I thought the premise of the games were a WWII-esque war was fought in the "near future" in some vague world superstate with schizo tech, at least for the first game. The later games moved away from that, mostly, in favor of ASB elements.
The first entries was a retrofuturistic war but later they included aliens, zombies, mummies, mutants, etc and it got funnier at that point. It does count as a Weird War III or Weird War IV.