Washington under The North: A Different War of 1812

Do You Like This AH or No?

• Yes

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Washington Under The North: A Different War of 1812
In this timeline, The War of 1812 resulted in the British keeping The US again, since they can stop all American expansion if they fully annexed the United States of America, they also made the US part of the colony of Upper Canada & and other Colonies, and the south the Confederacy since this is when tensions between the North and South start and many suggested that the British don't have the full America So the south isn't British. This leads to Britain occupying Alaska During the Crimean war, and eventually having an invasion of Hawaii. Canada still had control of the northern US, the map looks like this(Sorry if it’s bad)
F40251AF-C8E9-42CB-BD42-F1639CDF997A.jpeg

Texas And other states that were once Mexican are still Mexican. Since The Confederates IRL had a plan to
invade Mexico, They Had a War, leading to Mexico losing its northern areas since they lost a lot of soldiers during the French Intervention. The Confederacy had started to be a superpower since of their Cotton, and became a superpower, but this feared that The Confederates will expand Like The Union to the British. But that was not the case. The Confederates started to have loads of slave rebellions pain a similar way to the revolts against absolute monarchy in Europe, making a Slave Republic called “The People’s Republic of Frenia(Fren is similar to the old English word of free and ia is land of)”. The Frenians and The Soviets helped each other. Continue this thread by adding your ideas, I‘m New trying my best to make this historically accurate.

Last edited:
I’m new here so if you talking bad about my thread, that’s my reason. Don’t lock this, I’mma edit this if it isn’t historically accurate.

Last edited:
Edit
The Autonomous Native part was probably bad since As a Canadian myself, I believe that the British would‘ve altered Indigenous culture there since of the expansion of Residential Schools in this alternate timeline

In this timeline, The War of 1812 resulted in the British keeping The US again, since they can stop all American expansion if they fully annexed the United States of America, they also made the US part of the colony of Upper Canada & and other Colonies, and the south a new colony. This leads to Britain occupying Alaska During the Crimean war, and eventually having an invasion of Hawaii. During 1938, The British and what was supposed to be the confederacy had a war, in a confederate victory. When The Dominion of Canada was founded, Canada still had control of the northern US, the map looks like this(Sorry if it’s bad)View attachment 840632
This Leads into Canada being similar to the United States in our world. Also, since of the United States of America again under British rule, they started to restore European Ideas and stop Manifest Destiny, and Giving the indigenous autonomy(This Indigenous part is from AltHistoryHub). The Southern culture still having Manifest Destiny, having loads of Native Americans escape to Canada. This starts tensions between the Confederacy and Canada.Texas And other states that were once Mexican are still Mexican. Since The Confederates IRL had a plan to
invade Mexico, They Had a War, leading to Mexico losing its northern areas since they lost a lot of soldiers during the French Intervention. The Confederacy had started to be a superpower since of their Cotton, and became a superpower, but this feared that The Confederates will expand Like The Union. But that was not the case. The Confederates started to have loads of slave rebellions pain a similar way to the revolts against absolute monarchy in Europe, making a Slave Republic called “The People’s Republic of Frenia(Fren is similar to the old English word of free and ia is land of)”. The Frenians and The Soviets helped each other. Continue this thread by adding your ideas, I‘m New trying my best to make this historically accurate.

I'm sorry, but for that timeframe, Britain recolonizing the United States is straight-up unfeasible.

I'm sorry, but for that timeframe, Britain recolonizing the United States is straight-up unfeasible.
But the British Goal was to stop american expansion, so if they recolonize, they can fully stop it and There was loads of loyalists, which are Americans loyal to the British Crown. If its unfeasible, then It could be another strategy but yeah I get your point.

Last edited:
It’s possible that Britain gets part or all of OTL Maine (like it intended to alongside the lower Michigan peninsula for a Native preserve) and I suppose a line can be drawn from the southern tip of Lake Michigan to the Pacific Ocean and everything north of it is incorporated into Canada but I can’t imagine Britain re-colonizing all of the US as they knew it would be a logistical nightmare.

But the British Goal was to stop american expansion, so if they recolonize, they can fully stop it and There was loads of loyalists, which are Americans loyal to the British Crown. If its unfeasible, then It could be another strategy but yeah I get your point.

Not within the United States in 1815. Even the few New England secessionists would not be thrilled by the prospect of being annexed to Britain again.

Any attempt to try to reverse the losses of 1783 would be met with fierce resistance and very little support from the part of the Americans, and Britain didn't need another lengthy and expensive campaign just coming off over 20 years of nearly-continuous warfare.

Last edited:
A significant portion of the loyalists left for Canada or other British possessions following the war for independence. Many more would be dead by this point, it was 30 years later after all. Most of the men of fighting age never knew British rule and wouldn't be longing for a return to it.

It's also very unlikely that a "confederate rebellion" would be happening on that timeline in such a scenario. Britain has already outlawed slavery. A reconquered US, even if they were allowed to keep it for a time, would definitely not be able to stretch it out a century. Maybe there's another cause for a war that would specifically divide the southern "states" at this time though.

It's also very unlikely that a "confederate rebellion" would be happening on that timeline in such a scenario. Britain has already outlawed slavery. A reconquered US, even if they were allowed to keep it for a time, would definitely not be able to stretch it out a century. Maybe there's another cause for a war that would specifically divide the southern "states" at this time though.
But the Southern Economy has used slavery a lot, so if Britain abolished it, then they would have to fight back to restore their economy like in The US Civil war

It’s possible that Britain gets part or all of OTL Maine (like it intended to alongside the lower Michigan peninsula for a Native preserve) and I suppose a line can be drawn from the southern tip of Lake Michigan to the Pacific Ocean and everything north of it is incorporated into Canada but I can’t imagine Britain re-colonizing all of the US as they knew it would be a logistical nightmare.
Not all of the US, since Mexico still has their territories,

It’s possible that Britain gets part or all of OTL Maine (like it intended to alongside the lower Michigan peninsula for a Native preserve) and I suppose a line can be drawn from the southern tip of Lake Michigan to the Pacific Ocean and everything north of it is incorporated into Canada but I can’t imagine Britain re-colonizing all of the US as they knew it would be a logistical nightmare
Yeah I suppose I should make a line over west virginia which shows all Canadian Territory. The British do give the Confederates independence.

Not within the United States in 1815. Even the few New England secessionists would not be thrilled by the prospect of being annexed to Britain again.

Any attempt to try to reverse the losses of 1783 would be met with fierce resistance and very little support from the part of the Americans, and Britain didn't need another lengthy and expensive campaign just coming off over 20 years of nearly-continuous warfare.
Well they do lose the Southern Colony.

But the Southern Economy has used slavery a lot, so if Britain abolished it, then they would have to fight back to restore their economy like in The US Civil war
You said it happened in 1939. The slave economy would have been dead for a century at that point, unless they had rebelled and won their freedom sooner.

Yeah I suppose I should make a line over west virginia which shows all Canadian Territory. The British do give the Confederates independence.
They had no intention of annexing any of the admitted states. Like I said before, I think they only wanted parts of Maine and conquered the lower Michigan peninsula as a reserve for Native Americans. That’s why I said the southern tip of Lake Michigan along a parallel line to the Pacific. There would be way too much resistance to annexation of any state into Canada for it to realistically happen. If the American Revolution gave the British a headache, it would be even worse here.

Henry1066

Banned
The British after the wars of American independence accepted that it's Empire would not last and by the 1920s and 1930s it's dominions where practically independent

I would imagine that the only why the Empire would have survived would be with a federal Empire but with racism and the legacy of colonialism

With out India and it's internal market the Empire was finished

The USA can take up the role of India and the Capital would most likely move from London to otl American or London would be the historical capita

Arthur walesley and other troops that would have commanded an army at Waterloo would be in North America

Fighting and occupying that nation

Most likely in Napoleon bonapart would have just been defeated some where on the rainlands after defeating the prussians

Or you could go with Napoleon wining the war and just limiting French gains to the Netherlands and parts of Western Germany

Napoleon bonapart was ill in 1815 and it's very possible he was suffering from cancer he dead in 1821 and he would be in no condition to keep leads France in wars

Most likely he would look for peace, crush rebellion in France and prepare the regency for his son

For the British they have two great prizes North America and India

I think you have definitely got something interesting to work with

The British after the wars of American independence accepted that it's Empire would not last and by the 1920s and 1930s it's dominions where practically independent

I would imagine that the only why the Empire would have survived would be with a federal Empire but with racism and the legacy of colonialism

With out India and it's internal market the Empire was finished

The USA can take up the role of India and the Capital would most likely move from London to otl American or London would be the historical capita

Arthur walesley and other troops that would have commanded an army at Waterloo would be in North America

Fighting and occupying that nation

Most likely in Napoleon bonapart would have just been defeated some where on the rainlands after defeating the prussians

Or you could go with Napoleon wining the war and just limiting French gains to the Netherlands and parts of Western Germany

Napoleon bonapart was ill in 1815 and it's very possible he was suffering from cancer he dead in 1821 and he would be in no condition to keep leads France in wars

Most likely he would look for peace, crush rebellion in France and prepare the regency for his son

For the British they have two great prizes North America and India

I think you have definitely got something interesting to work with
Yeah I think it will be better if the Southern Colony gained independence without a war since it’s doesnt have that much loyalists

Normally, I don't like crapping on an OP scenario, if it is at all plausible. Technically, re-annexing the USA is possible. It is so far from plausible, though, it might as well be posted in ASB.

An severe arse whoop, and nibbling the fringes, such as the old Northwest and Louisiana Territory, maybe. Reincorporating the States? Nope.