Now working on the 2nd draft (or finalized version?) of Timeline-Deva.
Apparently, I'm considering Disney, RKO, and Miramax under one company. Along the lines of that, i thought of a FXX-esque channel under the Buena Vista name.

RKO? They had been dead since 1959.

I think he was hoping to have RKO become Disney's mature wing during Walt's time. At least, that's the best guess I can assume for why Disney, RKO, and Miramax are in the same corporate umbrella.
Remember that was the period when they were constructing Disneyland and Disneyworld. This means either the amusement parks never are built, or they somehow beat Howard Hughes to purchasing RKO. Also it assumes that Walt & Roy Disney are able to make money between 1959-1985. Walt was already about to die and Roy was a terrible business person, with terrible films like "The Computer That Wore Sneakers" and "The Black Hole".

Remember that was the period when they were constructing Disneyland and Disneyworld. This means either the amusement parks never are built, or they somehow beat Howard Hughes to purchasing RKO. Also it assumes that Walt & Roy Disney are able to make money between 1959-1985. Walt was already about to die and Roy was a terrible business person, with terrible films like "The Computer That Wore Sneakers" and "The Black Hole".
Agreed. I feel like the acquisition could happen in the mid or late 90s.

However, I'm not sure how what could happen to Miramax post-2010. Maybe Disney can keep it?
Consider that Miramax would be a terrible match for Disney, especially with Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and other indie directors. Disney would be lambasted over the purchase a very "family unfriendly " studio...

Consider that Miramax would be a terrible match for Disney, especially with Quentin Tarantino, Robert Rodriguez, and other indie directors. Disney would be lambasted over the purchase a very "family unfriendly " studio...
Oh yeah, like having Family Guy, Alien, and Porky's still makes Disney family friendly.

Maybe he can not work on the show or something?
Not according to his studio contract, which also controls his film production company. If he is assigned to a project by a studio, he is contractually and legally obligated to make a film, or be seen as breaching his contract with the studio. As for the Family Guy example, consider that Seth McFarlane recently left FOX-TV because the "House of Mouse" interfering on The Orville, and is currently working at HULU and Peacock/ NBC-TV, citing "studio politics":

It's been a while.
image.png

@TheFaultsofAlts , @Tacomaster , @Nivek , @kirbopher15 , @ExowareMasses , @UNIVERSAL.EXE , @Lumi_rimu(AltHist) , @Gavinworld12 , @Bloo J , @Otakuninja2006

Yes. The story is that Universal doesn't join in on the Vivendi merger, so they choose Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (for obvious reasons).
They can't ask, they were sold, so unless that whisky company keep them, they were in not position to object