These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

Starforce

Banned
What is upstate new york like? Where exactly is the dividing line between the New England north and the United States south?

What caused the U.S. to take control of Cuba, Santo Domingo, and Puerto Rico in this timeline if they were less focused on expansion?
Somewhere else to expand to, I would assume. South rather than west.

At the very least, I suspect they decided to fight over the Pacific Northwest, whilst Britain and its little buddies soundly kicked the US's arse.

What caused the U.S. to take control of Cuba, Santo Domingo, and Puerto Rico in this timeline if they were less focused on expansion?
I would more cynically guess that the disproportionatly influencial slave states was the impetus to expand south rather than west, a golden circle kind of thing. Curious to see the course of the ACW with such a powerful south.

Thank you! These Fair Shores is indeed addressing some of my most disliked portions of Our Fair Country.

As for the flag...

320px-Flag_of_the_United_States_%281865%E2%80%931867%29.svg.png
Interesting.
So either I miscounted, or Hamilton, F.D. is not the only shown locale to not qualify as a full state.

Flags and Coats of Arms of the Commonwealth of New England
vZgcZrR.png

A little something to hold everyone over until the next article (it's underway!). I've been a trife spot with some work, so progress as been slow. Hoping for something in the next few days!