The Interference TL needs your help

There are, clearly, some really sore points in my TL (look at my signature here below, if you never dared to take a look at it. I or Max Sinister will later publish it in a more compatc and efinitive way in the AltHist Wiki). I am far from omniscient and need advice and ideas on a host of issues. For example: north Amer... ooops, Hesperia. The parts of the Tl up to now designed are very sketchy. If some Canadian with knowledge of local people, and maybe Fabilius as an Icelander fellow national of the Viking colonists :D want to contribute, in the utmost respect of the "quod scripsi, scripsi" (what's writtem is written), interpolating episodes not conflicting with what I've already published, they're welcome. Ditto for Leo Caesius, my first mentor and translator, about my Middle East and its religious oddities (what's REALLY Myriamism? I myself have vague concepts about...); and Hedryk for poor China I sistematically end for sidelining (too huge, too alien and complex, a universe in itself to be comprehended with the due amount of effort and detail, so I kept it quite close to OTL for now). Other contributors could help me for India , Africa and Latin Amer... oops, central and southern Hesperia, if they have something to contribute. Obvioulsy, contibution, suggestions etc. are welcome even on topics such as Byzantium, on which I'm far less knowledgeable than my nickname would suggest.

In other words: who wants to bear the cross of this TL aside me, will gain a place in AH Hall of Fame, and will sit to the right of the Basileus :D I have little time to keep on the work.. because of work, but I still hope one day to end the TL before dying of old age :rolleyes: and maintaining its irst and foremost characteristic: self-consistency.

Leo Caesius

Banned
I'll see what I can do. I've been looking forward to getting reacquainted with the Interference TL. Unfortunately, I can't say I'll be much help with Myriamism; the first time I encountered the term was in your TL. Perhaps Ran knows more (or perhaps the same heresy was known under some other name).

Well, I did come across a "Miriamite sect", but that's a small Christian sect that existed in the Hijaz during the days of Mohammed.

The adherants of that sect believed in a Trinity consisting of God, Jesus and Mary, and from what I could find, that's pretty much all there's known about them.

I'll see what I can do. I've been looking forward to getting reacquainted with the Interference TL. Unfortunately, I can't say I'll be much help with Myriamism; the first time I encountered the term was in your TL. Perhaps Ran knows more (or perhaps the same heresy was known under some other name).

No, it's a full invention, something which never existed OTL. I can only say it blends elements from Judaism, Islam and Christianity. The central element is not so much Jesus (they see him as prophet sent by God), but his mother as the decisive link between the human and the divine. God here is strictly One, no Trinity of sort, and His followers are sons of Mary as Jesus was, and the Chosen People (not by descendance, but by their choice to convert). But tha'ts only a rough sketch, there could be much more to say.

I'll have to read the TL, and I'm not the most organized or motivated people, and I have my own projects but I definitely would help with the native peoples of Hesperia.