Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it is quiet common misunderstandment.
She was Dutch, for all intents and purposes and more importantly, she felt Dutch. Hell, she emigrated at four years old and didn‘t have the best experiences witGermany and Germans.

She was Dutch, for all intents and purposes and more importantly, she felt Dutch. Hell, she emigrated at four years old and didn‘t have the best experiences witGermany and Germans.

True. In OTL she spent most of her life in the Netherlands but ITTL her family has not reason to leave Germany so Frank would be fully German.

Darkest Hour: Were They Wrong?
Having arrived at the Reichstag building, Chancellor Hitler gathers his coalition party members in a hall somewhere and gives an update over his position of seeking negotiations with the Leningrad Pact

“I have thought very carefully in these last days whether it was part of my duty to consider entering into negotiations with... with those men. Buth then I spoke with Philip Rosenkranz, Frau Melina Heuser, Maja Kruger, Harald Pilz, Therese Bormann... "

As Hitler reads out the list of names from the U-Bahn, some in the audience look at each other and wonder what is he saying.

“Brave good true citizens of this Reich, and they argue strongly that it was idle to think if we try to make peace now, then we should get better terms than if we fought it out. The French, Herr Pilz felt would demand me in the name of disarmament much of our military fortifications and much else and I think he’s right. Frau Melina Heuser speaking for many believes we would then become... a slave state.

From those words came an audible grumble from the members present.

“A German government which would be Stalin’s puppet. A government set up... under Thalmann or some such person.

The sound of grumbling turned into a small chorus of noes.

“And I joined with him in asking a further question. A question I now put to you: Where should we be at the end of all that?”

A pin-drop silence envelops over all the men as they look on upon the Chancellor. Not a word is spoken and some pondering in their heads.

“Some might bear and fit. I mean the powerful might be able to parlay good terms, preserved in their country redoubts. Out of sight of... the hammer and sickle! Flying over the Brandenburg Gate, over Potsdam, and then draped on these very buildings!

From all this came shouts of “Never!” that one could have mistaken for a war cry.

“So, I come to you, to learn your minds in this grave hour. You see, it was pointed out to me by my new friends that you might even... rise up and tear me down would I for one moment contemplate parlay or surrender!”

Hitler was then met with a round of applause by all his colleagues, further bolstering his spirit.

“Were they wrong?” Adolf asked.

“No” the audience replied.

“Were they wrong?!”

“NO”

Were they wrong?!

NO!

“Thank you! Then I have heard you. It appears to be your will also, that if this ancient land’s story of ours is to end at last, then let it end only when each one of us lies...choking in his own blood upon the ground!”

From that speech alone, Hitler had gained the support of everyone in his party, his cabinet, and all of his colleagues. Now it was time to deliver his opinions to the Reichstag.

Probably Stalin or leader of Communist France but event hey hardly are as evil as OTL Hitler.

Who anyway leads Communist France and Iberia?
Right Imma stop you there with a gentle reminder that Stalin ranks higher than even Hitler on the worst mass murderers in history list. Let’s not make comparisons between them on who is worse.

Right Imma stop you there with a gentle reminder that Stalin ranks higher than even Hitler on the worst mass murderers in history list. Let’s not make comparisons between them on who is worse.

Things are not bodycounts. Stalin killed much of people but... Well, not going begin debate there so I just advise you to read this thread.

Perhaps. In OTL he was leader of British fascist party. How antisemtiic he was in OTL?
Pretty much all way there as in "the Jews control the world and the banks" & "the Jews are really poor and will steal your jobs" at the same time (Schrodinger's Jew if you will).

Of course with Mosley, you never quite know if it was a truly held conviction or simply political opportunism (as in "that thing with blaming the Jews seems to work quite well for Herr Hitler"). Don't know which is worse.

Last edited:
Pretty much all way there as in "the Jews control the world and the banks" & "the Jews are really poor and will steal your jobs" at the same time (Schrodinger's Jew if you will).

Of course with Mosley, you never quite know if it was a truly held conviction or simply political opportunism (as in "that thing with blaming the Jews seems to work quite well for Herr Hitler"). Don't know which is worse.
Issue is for Communists, the working class/poor Jewish were often left wing and communist in nature, so any persecution of them wouldn't be racial - they'd probably just target the obvious stereotypes like bankers and lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.