The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So how much of Germany is coated with Anthrax?

As I read it, every city above 100k(+-). :eek:

Around 2,800 square miles is heavily contaminated (meaning they are utter "no go" areas for unprotected troops). Two areas around 30 x 30 miles centered on Berlin and Nuremberg respectively and around a thousand square miles of agricultural land outside of Munich (which was itself struck with a 150kt bomb).

There are larger areas with scattered, but noteworthy, local contamination surrounded these "hot spots" that total around 15% of the total land area of "Inner Germany". This doesn't count the regions with radiation from fallout or the wide swathes of the country where the biological agents the Reich released in France have rebounded and infected Germany.

Good grief, that's a lot more extensive then I thought.

Anyway, an excellent update. I must say that Major Bruce Williamson? Is he by any chance bald, and does he have a tendency to shout ''yippie ki ya' every now and then.

Also, interesting to see some familiar faces from the Vietnam War pop up.

Last edited:
By the time this timeline gets to 2011, I wonder if anyone outside of a few academics will still speak German, or whether it will have been scoured from the earth.

The way I read the bit about how Himmler's "peace offer" provoked so much emotion that people came to blows about it suggests that what happens next must be truly apocalyptic. :eek: :eek:

So Germany basically never surrenders? The situation is pretty much fucked in that case

I don't know what CalBear has planned but that might be very well what Nazis will do. Nazis' greatest fear is 1918 occurring again and for them a completely destroyed German nation is preferred option to an "dishonourable" peace.

The way I read the bit about how Himmler's "peace offer" provoked so much emotion that people came to blows about it suggests that what happens next must be truly apocalyptic. :eek: :eek:

The phrase "Failure to comply with these demands by Noon, Berlin Time, on July 10th, 1959 will be construed as a rejection by the German nation." is somewhat ominous in these circumstances.

Actually, forget ominous - it sounds like a straightforward threat, the allies have lost all interest in differentiating between Germans and Nazis and are going to give the former the punishment the actions of the latter deserve.

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

Swordman

Banned
By the time this timeline gets to 2011, I wonder if anyone outside of a few academics will still speak German, or whether it will have been scoured from the earth.

mjanes:

After the attack on Pearl Harbor OTL, ADM Nimitz is reported to have said
"When this war is over, the Japanese language will only be spoken in hell"
This sounds like what is happening in Germany"

Mike Garrity

John Farson

Banned
mjanes:

Mike Garrity

Well, there will always be Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, the German-speaking parts of northern Italy and the German-speaking part of Belgium (assuming any are left).

Otherwise, well, I wouldn't want to be a German-speaking person in Eastern Europe ITTL, that's for certain. The surviving Slavs and other peoples might very well want to perform a "reverse Final Solution" on them.

EDIT: By this point a lot of people may very well regard the German language in the same way that the Black Speech is regarded in Tolkien's books.

Last edited:
mjanes:

Mike Garrity

Actually, that was Admiral Bill Halsey that said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.