The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Afghan monarchy almost certainly would survive since Khan (if him even becomes PM ITTL) wouldn't has such motivation to oust monarchy. So the country would remain stable.

But I am intrested to know what happens with Iran. IIRC only thing mentioned after WW2 that A4 ousted shah when he tried to nationalise oil reserves.
I think TTL Iran is still a monarchy, considering potential A4 intervention would prevent Ayatollah and friends from seizing power.

I do wonder if India has enough nukes to be a proper deterrant, if they ever decide to launch a weather satellite or anything, the A4 may consider losing a few cities worth it to deal with them.
They probably do, considering India has SLBMs and thermonuclear bombs in this timeline.

If Kissinger somehow survived the second phase of the Second Global War, could he have shaped the A4's policy of democracy, human rights, and global security?
Possibly. Keep in mind that there is a much greater phobia of Germans after WWII (even if they turn out to be Jewish) in this TL than OTL.

Just wondering what's the status of nations like Korea and Indonesia in this timeline 🤨
It is hardly discussed or if was discussed I didn't readed it ( c'mon how is going to read 300 pages for this ?)

Korea is a *very* good A4 Ally. With Japan bombed back to the Stone Age and China an anti-A4 mega OTL North Korea, Korea is a definite friend and ally. The other one is Vietnam. I'm not sure Indonesia was ever nailed down.

Just wondering what's the status of nations like Korea and Indonesia in this timeline 🤨
It is hardly discussed or if was discussed I didn't readed it ( c'mon how is going to read 300 pages for this ?)

Korea would be much better ITTL. Probably pretty much like OTL Japan. Japan in other hand is closer of OTL Thailand. Pretty poor but recovering. Philippines is pretty prosperous nation. Taiwan I think being pretty same as OTL. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are much better since there is not OTL wars and communism. Not any idea bout Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia. Perhaps bit more prosperous than in OTL. At least Indonesia avoided OTL War of Independence so it might manage to keep itself as more democratic and avoid Suharto's regime.

Korea is a *very* good A4 Ally. With Japan bombed back to the Stone Age and China an anti-A4 mega OTL North Korea, Korea is a definite friend and ally. The other one is Vietnam. I'm not sure Indonesia was ever nailed down.
Korea would be much better ITTL. Probably pretty much like OTL Japan. Japan in other hand is closer of OTL Thailand. Pretty poor but recovering. Philippines is pretty prosperous nation. Taiwan I think being pretty same as OTL. Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are much better since there is not OTL wars and communism. Not any idea bout Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore or Indonesia. Perhaps bit more prosperous than in OTL. At least Indonesia avoided OTL War of Independence so it might manage to keep itself as more democratic and avoid Suharto's regime.
The A4 allies in Asia in Vietnam, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Korea. Singapore is mentioned to be an ally later on.

I'd assume Thailand and Malaysia would be aligned with the A4 or just neutral in Southeast Asian affairs.

Indonesia is apparently aligned with India during the A4-India Cold War.

Anyone knows how India remained undivided during the war ?
And how they got WMDs too...
I am confused after reading the tv tropes pages but don't want to go 400 pages in time travel to figure it out
Not to mention it's not explained in the story ( offical) as well

Indonesia is apparently aligned with India during the A4-India Cold War.
"Cold War" is too negative a description of A4-India relations: isn't it more akin to France's withdrawal from the unified NATO command (and ostentatiously independent foreign policy) during the OTL Cold War?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
"Cold War" is too negative a description of A4-India relations: isn't it more akin to France's withdrawal from the unified NATO command (and ostentatiously independent foreign policy) during the OTL Cold War?
Fairly close, although at times it became much more antagonistic, especially when the Ban on independent Space Flight was announced. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed, India realized that it would actually be less costly to use A4 launch facilities for commercial and scientific missions, the A4 realized that the smart thing would be to give the Indians a rather inexpensive rate and never refuse any cargo that was not weapons.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I do wonder if India has enough nukes to be a proper deterrant, if they ever decide to launch a weather satellite or anything, the A4 may consider losing a few cities worth it to deal with them.
When the other side can literally shower your country with massive objects that are quite literally impossible to properly intercept (even a nuke won't do a l0t to a 50 ton object moving at the speed of the packages from Luna, has space plane based bombers, puts your satellites into orbit for about 1/4 of the cost of an independent launch program, and is, by far, your largest trading partner, picking a fight isn't really high on the planning list.

Fairly close, although at times it became much more antagonistic, especially when the Ban on independent Space Flight was announced. Fortunately cooler heads prevailed, India realized that it would actually be less costly to use A4 launch facilities for commercial and scientific missions, the A4 realized that the smart thing would be to give the Indians a rather inexpensive rate and never refuse any cargo that was not weapons.
So if India wants to launch an exploration of the Jovian moons, they more or less get it at cost, they question is whether they'd be able to launch a rover for Ganymede with a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator or whether the A4 would consider that a weapon.

And in terms of the A4 and the Indians being enemies, you had the fall of Racist South Africa done with the two conveniently (and definitely *not* coordinating) having Carriers able to control the skies of all of South Africa.

I would imagine that at least once, someone has become US Secretary of State with being US Ambassador to India somewhere on their resume.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
So if India wants to launch an exploration of the Jovian moons, they more or less get it at cost, they question is whether they'd be able to launch a rover for Ganymede with a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator or whether the A4 would consider that a weapon.

And in terms of the A4 and the Indians being enemies, you had the fall of Racist South Africa done with the two conveniently (and definitely *not* coordinating) having Carriers able to control the skies of all of South Africa.

I would imagine that at least once, someone has become US Secretary of State with being US Ambassador to India somewhere on their resume.
Given the current relationship there would barely be a mummer about that kind of power source. Now if the Indians presented a few hundred of them with reentry shields and GPS that would be a different matter.

India is considered to be, after the Court of St. James, to be THE Prestige posting for a political appointee diplomat (compared to the Foreign Service professionals who comprise the majority of Ambassadors in both IOTL and ATL) , with the rest of the A4 collectively a 1b on the list. What is very different is that Vietnam and the Philippines are much more attractive for political appointments than IOTL, and places like Paris (in its still recovering state) and much less desired than, as an example Brasilia or Mexico City.

Last edited:
When the other side can literally shower your country with massive objects that are quite literally impossible to properly intercept (even a nuke won't do a l0t to a 50 ton object moving at the speed of the packages from Luna, has space plane based bombers, puts your satellites into orbit for about 1/4 of the cost of an independent launch program, and is, by far, your largest trading partner, picking a fight isn't really high on the planning list.
True, I more meant that would the A4 actually commit genocide over a weather satellite? Honestly if I were India I'd be worried the A4 would decide a nuclear state besides them is too risky, and wipe out India preemptively.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
True, I more meant that would the A4 actually commit genocide over a weather satellite? Honestly if I were India I'd be worried the A4 would decide a nuclear state besides them is too risky, and wipe out India preemptively.
This assumes, as some folks in this thread seem to, that the A4 is basically insane and straight up dictators of the Planet. They aren't.

I would not recommend setting up residence at any launch facility that was used to launch a weather satellite, bad things are likely be coming to call, but the capital of that country is not in imminent danger. Now an ongoing, active program? That would be a different matter (to use my "go-to" example, the DPRK, with its long history of violating and crossing "red lines" would have experienced a change of leadership long since).

What is very different is that Vietnam and the Philippines are much more attractive for political appointments than IOTL, and places like Paris (in its still recovering state) and much less desired than, as an example Brasilia or Mexico City.
Don't you mean Lyon? Paris ITTL is a toxic heap of ruins infected with all sorts of Nazi pathogens.