Tarascan Timeline?

How come there are no Tarascan timelines on this forum? I was thinking of it and IMO the Tarascans have a way better chance at surviving than the Aztecs, because from what I know they had a centralized state with metallurgy, defensible terrain, weren't hated by everyone, and judging by the fact they constructed border outposts and patrolled said border they must have had some kind of organized military. So I think it would be a fairly easy POD to have them push out the Spanish when the other natives end up realizing they don't want to be a Spanish colony. What would be the effects of the Tarascans mounting a resistance and driving the Spanish out anyway? Would they end up uniting mesoamerica or would mesoamerica return to being a place full of many states and the Tarascans are just the strongest out of them?

I'm pretty sure that it's because they are fairly obscure as far as Mesoamerican civilizations go. I do look forward to see a Tarascan focused timeline though. Hopefully it will come to pass soon.

Thats true, I think quarantine boredom is getting to me because ive been craving obscure timelines for the past month, Ive been dying to read a Tarascan one, a Thai one, a Vijayanagar one, and one about Sikhism or the Sikh empire.

I might actually try and make a TL on this, but I am struggling to come up with a POD. I was thinking they invent gunpowder using the niter sources that I think are plentiful in the area, but that might be unrealistic.

I think you underestimate the aggressiveness and skill of the Triple-Alliance. The Triple-Alliance was already displaying its ability to beat the Tarascan into position, prior to the Spanish arrival. Tarascan power in the region, was generally older than the Triple-Alliance, which was in reality in a middle-phase of development. Tarascan rule had extended along the Pacific coast southward prior to the Triple-Alliance expansionism beginning in the reigns of Itzcoatl (1427-1440 CE) and Monteczuma I (1440-1469 CE), which broke the Tarascan hegemony in the west and northwest, from influencing affairs in the south. Aztec incursions into Tarascan lands seemed to have done significant damage to the Tarascan state, for in the reign of Axaycatl (1469-1481 CE) and Tizoc (1481-1486 CE), the Aztec pull away approximately 1/4 of the Tarsacan kingdom into vassalage and tributary status. Alongside this, the Aztec bypass the Tarascan hegemony and strike the Otomi, dislodging them from the north, sending them in flight towards the Tarsacan, who desperate fro assistance, integrate the Otomi.

King Monteczuma II maintained pressure on the Tarascan from 1502-1515 CE, keeping the kingdom on its watch. Presumably, the Tarascan were unaware of the Spanish arrival in 1518-1519 and seemingly they too were shocked by the fall of the Aztec Triple-Alliance. Such that the Tarascan almost immediately besought vassalage under the Spanish conquerors. This implies to me, that the Tarascan were of no match in this period to the Aztec Triple-Alliance.