Stop the decline of black culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a pod om the 60s how possible is it possible to stop black culture from declining to mess it is today

You need to deal with the poverty somehow. Perhaps have Hubert Humphrey win the 1968 election and continue Johnson's Great Society?

Decline? That sounds ugly...
No War on Drugs will change black culture, I don't know you think that's superior or not to what happens now.

Does seem a bit offensive. I would consider there to be multiple "black" cultures. How can you shove a hugely diverse and versatile race into one single classification? :)

The question is vague, but I am guessing you mean the people in the urban city. Some possible Points of divergences could be no drug war, humphrey winning in '68 or have Ford beat Carter in '76 and then have a progressive president.

What I mean is the damage the war on the drugs has caused with huge numbers of black people in jail and the almost virulent homophobia huge numbers of black people worldwide have and wondering what could change that

Wolfpaw

Banned
Seems rather racist to say their culture is "a mess" in "decline," especially when African-American males are the most copied people on the planet, bar none.

You are mistaking neglect, poverty, and racism as "black culture," not inflictions upon it.

Last edited:
The question is vague, but I am guessing you mean the people in the urban city. Some possible Points of divergences could be no drug war, humphrey winning in '68 or have Ford beat Carter in '76 and then have a progressive president.
I'd have Humphrey win, because that would be the earliest of the PODs, thus the most time for the black community's poverty problem to be fixed.

d32123

Banned
I reported you for being a racist troll, but I'm hoping it turns out that you're not, because there may actually be a discussion here.

If you had started the thread by asking "prevent the growth of poverty among the African-American community" you probably would get a better response and sound a lot less racist than asking "stop the decline of black culture".

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
With a pod om the 60s how possible is it possible to stop black culture from declining to mess it is today
WTF?

Black culture is a mess? Well, at least you didn't drop the "N", if so you would be beyond gone.

You are only kicked because these is a slight chance that you simply misspoke and meant to ask "What could be done to prevent the poorest parts of society from being abandoned by the government with the resulting, inevitable, destruction of hope?"

You get one chance, and by God you have really used it up.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I'm closing the racially tainted discussion.

If someone would care to post a thread asking how we could avoid the abandonment of the U.S. urban centers and/or the damage that the "War on Drugs" has had on society in general, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.