Size of the Reichstag in a Maximum Reich scenario?

In OTL 1938, the Reichstag had 813 seats (72 more than the last election, representing delegates from Austria and the Sudetenland). In a Maximum Reich scenario (Germany annexes Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, large parts of northern and eastern France, most of Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland, bits of northern Yugoslavia, and the USSR out to the Urals), how big would the Greater Germanic Reichstag be? The People's Republic of China's legislature has 2,980 members. Would the Super Size Reich likewise have a massive Reichstag, or would it be pared down? There's lots of room in the Volkshalle, even one that's slimmed down to account for physics...

I don't see them including much more than the Warthegau and the parts of Belgium and France that they wanted, in addition to what they had in 1938. Giving Reichstag representation to, say, eastern Poland or the Ukraine represents "elected" puppets who represent people who aren't German. So, why should 60,000 Ukrainians get the same representation as 60,000 Berliners, even despite the fact that said representatives will always do what the Party tells them to do? The NSDAP platform is clear that only Germans can be citizens of Germany, greater or otherwise. Volksdeutsche may qualify, so perhaps the General Government and the Reichskommissariats would have representatives, but only for a minority of people living in those areas. Others would have their own legislatures. I think there would be 850-900 seats.

Had Germany ever planning annexing of Benelux, Denmark and Norway? And Germany didn't ever occupy Sweden so I can't see that happening. There wouldn't be representation for non-Aryan Eastern Europeans. They just would be exterminated. I doubt that German Reichtag would had been much bigger than it was in 1938.

Had Germany ever planning annexing of Benelux, Denmark and Norway? And Germany didn't ever occupy Sweden so I can't see that happening. There wouldn't be representation for non-Aryan Eastern Europeans. They just would be exterminated. I doubt that German Reichtag would had been much bigger than it was in 1938.

They did plan to anex these nations.

They established Reichskommisariats in Norway, the Netherlands and later in Belgium-Northern France. A Reichsprotektorat was established in Denmark.

All of these were subcategories of the Reich, which were to be germanized and totally anexed later on.

Oh yeah, and there would be seats in the Großdeutscher Reichstag representing the ethnic german and "Volksdeutschen" of the eastern territories. And once The Benelux and Scandinavia are throughoutly germanized they will get seats aswell.

Last edited:
Just a big room with 900 people listening to Hitler rant about how art has gone to shit or something.
If you get caught falling asleep...