Great writing as always.
We haven’t received a Huey update in a while. You should do one about the prison camp conditions in the North, and include an entry of Hueys Biography.

The operation to defeat Villa actually veered relatively close to disaster, and Mexicans today perhaps do not realize how close Reyes' forces were to being successfully ambushed and perhaps even defeated by Villa in the hills west of Torreon on May 13th; only a lucky spotting by a scouting plane and quick thinking from the commanding officer Pablo Gonzalez averted a successful pincer.
Pancho Villa was so close in starting an Anarcho-syndicalism revolution.

Last edited:
Great writing as always.
We haven’t received a Huey update in a while. You should do one about the prison camp conditions in the North, and include an entry of Hueys Biography.
That’s something I’d thought of briefly so I can certainly add it to the lineup!
Positive: Reyes was true to his word and held elections after all.
Negative: Reyes was true to his word and held "elections" after all.
“Hey can we have elections?”
“Here”
“Wait no not like that!”
Pancho Villa was so close in starting an Anarcho-syndicalism revolution.
Pancho Villa was many things, an anarcho-syndicalist was not one of them

Pershing
"...breakthrough on Patrick's left flank at Douglasville, severing the mainline rail connection between Atlanta and Birmingham and threatening the rail junction towards Macon, where some of the largest armories and arsenals in the Confederacy still lay. Two days later on the 26th, Menoher's landship divisions broke through at Gainesville, the bloodiest and most difficult point on the defensive line, sweeping Patrick's right southwestwards towards Atlanta itself and cutting Atlanta's rail route to Upstate South Carolina. The two most straightforward resupply routes into the city were now in American hands and Pershing's forces were beginning their encirclement of Atlanta from the other side of the Chattahoochee.

Patrick was certainly no fool and realized that unlike Buck at Nashville, he had no defensive Highland Rim to use as his proving ground. While Atlanta was on a high ridge above the river with an excellent view of Pershing's approaching forces, the hooking actions eliminated his advantages towards the main force between Marietta and Alpharetta. And while Pershing had been unable to bring much in the way of aeroplanes down to Georgia and Patrick enjoyed aerial superiority thanks to a large airfield due south of the city where Atlanta-Maddox Airport stands today, the considerably larger force of landships available to the United States made fighting in trenches extremely difficult. On the 29th, a breakthrough occurred at Alpharetta and the lines continued to collapse inwards; rigid airships launched from Kentucky and artillery joined to rain fire down on the city the next night, and as many as two thousand civilians still in the city were killed, including five hundred slaves. Patrick ordered two divisions, comprised in large part of raw recruits, some as young as thirteen years old (most of whom had lied on their enlistment forms, but the Confederacy was so hard up for fit men at that point that this was ignored), to remain behind to protect his fighting retreat with more experienced soldiers, and on July 2nd, 1916, the order to abandon Atlanta was given as American forces bombed the airfield and closed in on it from the west.

On the morning of July 4th, 1916, Pershing ordered the American flag be raised on the grounds of the Georgia State Capitol, which had been badly damaged in the fighting over the last two days. Much of the city was destroyed and even more of it would burn over the next few days, with who exactly was responsible for the arson of Atlanta remaining a contentious trans-Ohio topic to this day. Pershing denied vehemently to his deathbed that he had "ordered" the burning of the city, though the rules of engagement in the March to the Sea that came soon thereafter opens the question of what exactly he meant by "ordered." It is generally established that Confederate commanders in retreat ordered several arsenals, depots, and barracks destroyed as they evacuated the city so that they could not be used by Pershing; it is also generally thought to be the case that Pershing's men, angry and exhausted after the last year of fighting from Tennessee all the way into the heart of the Confederate rail system, may have engaged in a considerable amount of looting and other mayhem across "the Crossroads of Dixie," especially with the symbolic nature of capturing the city on Independence Day, when both nominating conventions were beginning for the Liberals and Democrats back north.

Regardless of cause and the identity of the perpetrators, by the end of the week little of Atlanta stood, with fires having torched entire residential neighborhoods and the sporadic street fighting having left hundreds dead. But the beating heart of Confederate industry and transport, much more so than Nashville, had fallen, understood at home as the crippling, fatal body blow to Dixie's war machine that it was. In his response to congratulations from both Bliss and Hughes, Pershing responded that he intended to regroup, reconsolidate his now extremely stretched supply lines, and then "finish this war" before the end of the year, and in that response lay the blueprint for his most famous campaign - the March to the Sea..."

- Pershing

when both nominating conventions were beginning for the Liberals and Democrats back north.
Am I right to say that this will be the next update? Can't wait to see who which OTLRepublican(TTL Liberal) politician is so incometent that he destroys the Liberal dynasty in 4 years.
Also with atl March to the Sea beginning, how is Sherman and Grant(Wasn'thea failed Presidential nominee for 1864 Republican convention,mostly famous for only victories of War of Scecession, Henry-Donelson and Shiloh?) seen ittl?
Is Union victory in Civil War seen probable?(IMO,its yes, as in part I, Lee, Bragg and Confederatees are told be assumed lucky by modern historians.).

Last edited:
Am I right to say that this will be the next update? Can't wait to see who which OTLRepublican(TTL Liberal) politician is so incometent that he destroys the Liberal dynasty in 4 years.
Also with atl March to the Sea beginning, how is Sherman and Grant(Wasn'thea failed Presidential nominee for 1864 Republican convention,mostly famous for only victories of War of Scecession, Henry-Donelson and Shiloh?) seen ittl?
Is Union victory in Civil War seen probable?(IMO,its yes, as in part I, Lee, Bragg and Confederatees are told be assumed lucky by modern historians.).
From what we have been told, it seems that the Liberal shellackings of 1918 and 1920 are going to be from more than just a potentially mediocre/bad President. Transitioning from a total war economy back to peacetime is not easy, and it seems this will be bungled. The USA is going to deal with about 1.1-1.2 million dead soldiers and millions more wounded and so will have to go about reintegrating veterans into broader society and supporting them and their families, women have massively expanded their footprint and reach in society (relative to pre-GAW, not like comparing OTL 2020s to 1920s), about 2-2.5 million new immigrants have arrived which will definitely raise tensions in some quarters (particularly on the West Coast with its rampant Sinophobia), and some updates have alluded to a conservative resurgence in the Liberal ranks (I really think most Americans don't want to go back to pre-1904 times).

I think a combination of all these factors is going to produce a Democratic resurgence.

I’d be interested in seeing something like that too, if anyone wants to whip it up!
Grabbed this railroad map and traced across, pretty approximate, but should get the idea across.
GAW.png

The Confederacy, is uh, not doing too hot.

Last edited:
Atlanta-Maddox Airport
The idea that Lester Maddox (assuming it is indeed him, obviously) is a dude who gets airports named for him ITTL is not a comforting one.
For me its especially because I'd get to learn,research and Wiki about an interestingly incompetent otl Republican(ttl Liberal) politician.
The GOP and Liberal Parties aren't 1 to 1 equivalents, however; we've seen some Dems who were Republicans IOTL (Theodore Roosevelt and George Norris coming to mind, plus I guess LaFollette will count if he does indeed end up switching parties) and some OTL Dems who were Libs ITTL (Tilden, most obviously, although these do seem a bit rarer).
So Hughes' Liberal fuckup could easily have been an OTL Democrat.

From what we have been told, it seems that the Liberal shellackings of 1918 and 1920 are going to be from more than just a potentially mediocre/bad President.
I could be forgetting things like if our author has mentioned Pershing being say the 1920 Democratic presidential candidate but how likely is it that Pershing is the 1916 Liberal candidate? It'd be pretty tragic for Pershing as a war hero to end up destroying his party and failing to stick the landing.

For me its especially because I'd get to learn,research and Wiki about an interestingly incompetent otl Republican(ttl Liberal) politician.

If it wasn't for the fact that we know that no OTL Presidents would become President in the Cinqo-verse, I'd say we just stick with Warren G. Harding. Then I thought Mr. Teapot Dome" himself Senator Albert Fall. But HE was born in Kentucky; so that's right out. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

If it wasn't for the fact that we know that no OTL Presidents would become President in the Cinqo-verse, I'd say we just stick with Warren G. Harding. Then I thought Mr. Teapot Dome" himself Senator Albert Fall. But HE was born in Kentucky; so that's right out. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hm indeed.
Obviously him being president of the US is right out, but IOTL he settled in Las Cruces, which pre-war was in ITTL's Confederate Arizona territory. So the question is do you put him there to make chaos in the US or keep him as a CSA politician somewhere out east, because he's the sort of OTL US senator who'd do well in the CSA, I feel (extreme corruption is obviously par for the course in the CSA, which is why I say this), while being a somewhat left-field choice because he isn't obviously southern.
Albert Fall has way more potential than he should, honestly. Great choice for an agent of chaos (or corruption, anyways) wherever you may want.