Rumsfeldia: Fear and Loathing in the Decade of Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookmark95

Banned
But has he ever actually expressed a desire to bring back Jim Crow?

Well, there's the gerrymandering and the attempt to end abortion.

Okay, I am exaggerating the full extent of Texas conservatism because of my own bias. I admit that. But I believe there would be plenty of CV sympathizers within the state itself, that could undermine the ability of the state to resist

And I also fear that if Texas were to gain independence, we would see the governance recreating some forms of Jim Crow without federal interference.

Sidenote: Has GHW Bush been freed from the hospital? And who is governing Texas as of 1990, because after GHW was released, it was some Rumsfeldian stooge.

I am rather curious about how the global economy has been restructured with the US' decline. Since WWII, the world economy has been centred on the Bretton Woods Treaty. Two of the institutions established in the original treaty of 1944 were the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Until the Nixon shocks of 1971, all of the (non-communist) currencies of the world were stable due to fixed exchange rates with the gold-based dollar. In OTL, the Uruguay Rounds of 1986 - 1994 laid the foundations for the World Trade Organization and the propagation of the "Washington Consensus", which promoted neoliberal policies of deregulation worldwide.

Since neoliberalism was of this TL was the crazed experiment of a madman who doomed his people rather than the democratic implantation of world leaders, I am curious to see how the world economy is organized at this point. Maybe Comecon has been expanded.:cool:

bookmark95

Banned
I am rather curious about how the global economy has been restructured with the US' decline. Since WWII, the world economy has been centred on the Bretton Woods Treaty. Two of the institutions established in the original treaty of 1944 were the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Until the Nixon shocks of 1971, all of the (non-communist) currencies of the world were stable due to fixed exchange rates with the gold-based dollar. In OTL, the Uruguay Rounds of 1986 - 1994 laid the foundations for the World Trade Organization and the propagation of the "Washington Consensus", which promoted neoliberal policies of deregulation worldwide.

Since neoliberalism was of this TL was the crazed experiment of a madman who doomed his people rather than the democratic implantation of world leaders, I am curious to see how the world economy is organized at this point. Maybe Comecon has been expanded.:cool:

The current economic force is Western Europe, so I guess economies will be tied to the ITTL Euro.

You know, I bet the Rumsfeld administration has banned the use of "neoliberalism" to refer to its economic policies because it has the word "liberal" in it.;)

bookmark95

Banned
You know, I bet the Rumsfeld administration has banned the use of "neoliberalism" to refer to its economic policies because it has the word "liberal" in it.;)

Okay. We'll call it neo-kleptomania. Since Rumsfeldism was basically a new way for corporations to rob you.

Here's how disastrous it was. The OTL housing bubble turned the mortgage industry into a pyramid scheme. Rumsfeldism turned the payroll of the American workforce into a pyramid scheme through "corporate certificates".

Here more a question I want drew to awnser
Suppose say someone (who is definitely not me) wanted to isot Rumsfeldian America to a map game
What would be a good year to isot it from?
(Can't be as of its current state, it probley implode on the way during the isot :rolleyes: )

Here more a question I want drew to awnser
Suppose say someone (who is definitely not me) wanted to isot Rumsfeldian America to a map game
What would be a good year to isot it from?
(Can't be as of its current state, it probley implode on the way during the isot :rolleyes: )

How about 1985, right after Rumsfeld's re-inauguration?

Can I play?

How's this for a pop-culture contribution?
---

Metal Gear is a stealth-action video game developed for the Famicom released in Japan in 1987.

The plot, taking place in the near-future "199X", concerns a fortified micronation called Outer Heaven, where the titular Metal Gear, a giant bipedal robot capable of launching nuclear weapons, is being constructed with the intent of threatening the United States.

To stop Outer Heaven, the US government sends a rookie black-ops agent, codenamed Solid Snake, under the command of a legendary former agent codenamed Big Boss. Snake manages to fight his way through Outer Heaven and destroy the Metal Gear. As he prepares to leave, however, Snake is confronted by Big Boss, who reveals himself to be the true leader of Outer Heaven. Big Boss explains that he constructed Outer Heaven and Metal Gear to take on America and destroy its corrupt and autocratic government. With his plan foiled, Big Boss activates Outer Heaven's self-destruct sequence in an attempt to take Snake down with him. Snake engages Big Boss in a climactic battle, which ends with Snake leaving the mortally wounded Big Boss to die in the explosion of Outer Heaven.

Despite being personally congratulated by the US President, Snake-by now disillusioned with the government-resigns his commission and goes into exile in Canada.

The game won critical acclaim in Japan, though it would not be released in North America until 1995, by which point political developments had made its plot outdated.

---
So, how did I do?:D

Last edited:
---

Metal Gearis a stealth-action video game developed for the Famicom released in Japan in 1987.

The plot, taking place in the near-future "199X", concerns a fortified micronation called Outer Heaven, where the titular Metal Gear, a giant bipedal robot capable of launching nuclear weapons, is being constructed with the intent of threatening the United States.

To stop Outer Heaven, the US government sends a rookie black-ops agent, codenamed Solid Snake, under the command of a legendary former agent codenamed Big Boss. Snake manages to fight his way through Outer Heaven and destroy the Metal Gear. As he prepares to leave, however, Snake is confronted by Big Boss, who reveals himself to be the true leader of Outer Heaven. Big Boss explains that he constructed Outer Heaven and Metal Gear to take on America and destroy its corrupt and autocratic government. With his plan foiled, Big Boss activates Outer Heaven's self-destruct sequence in an attempt to take Snake down with him. Snake engages Big Boss in a climactic battle, which ends with Snake leaving the mortally wounded Big Boss to die in the explosion of Outer Heaven.

Despite being personally congratulated by the US President, Snake-by now disillusioned with the government-resigns his commission and goes into exile in Canada.

The game won critical acclaim in Japan, though it would not be released in North America until 1995, by which point political developments had made its plot outdated.

---

Eh not that much different from otl Metal Gear :/
Heck, worth all the butterflies going on in surprised if metal gear would still exist

bookmark95

Banned
Drew mentioned earlier that the CV, once they stage a coup, are going to obliterate Congress, probably for refusing to pledge fealty to them.

There are a couple of scenes I can imagine occurring at the same time.

One is Robert Byrd, a wise and distinguished public servant, sitting as his desk, calm and defiant in the chaos around him as he awaits his end.

The other is Trent Lott, the opportunist and coward, panicking and trying to flee, only to be kept at the speaker's chair by his less cowardly colleagues.

---

Metal Gearis a stealth-action video game developed for the Famicom released in Japan in 1987.

---

A quintessential video game for this cyberpunk-esque world:cool:.

Deleted member 87099

I forget if this was covered or not, but what's the fate of Jonestown and Jim Jones and his followers?

I forget if this was covered or not, but what's the fate of Jonestown and Jim Jones and his followers?

It was mentioned back in Gumbo that Guyana expelled them, under the consideration of the US State Department, before the mass suicide. Drew never mentioned what happened to them next.

It was mentioned back in Gumbo that Guyana expelled them, under the consideration of the US State Department, before the mass suicide. Drew never mentioned what happened to them next.

He's a disgraced preacher-cum-politician! They're his army of brainwashed followers!

Together, they fight crime!

---

Metal Gear is a stealth-action video game developed for the Famicom released in Japan in 1987.

---

I like it.

They were sent back to the US and Jim Jones became involved with the WTP movement for a while, until the expelled him for being a nutter. After that he drifted into heroin addiction and became homeless. The People's Temple dissolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.