PC : Partial German victory in ww1 ?

what i mean is by this :
german was able to end the eastern front into like otl did. in the west however thing beleft the same. things drag on and on before endly all power decides to end the war. perhaps a white peace or status quo antebellum.

1. how plausible is this
2. obviously the us need to keep out of this war

what i mean is by this :
german was able to end the eastern front into like otl did. in the west however thing beleft the same. things drag on and on before endly all power decides to end the war. perhaps a white peace or status quo antebellum.

1. how plausible is this
2. obviously the us need to keep out of this war
With all other things the same I think no US involved might cut it. France cant win, Germany cant win. A status quo peace in the West. Kry US the German spring offensives fair no better than OTL.

It's certainly not ASB. If the only change is no direct American involvement ... well let's just say that the question of who is most likely to win is ... open for debate. Threads will go on forever with no consensus.

kham_coc

Banned
Very.
OTL there were people in the German High command that wanted out of the war even if it meant pulling out of Belgium. For them the real strategic objective, pushing Russia away had been accomplished and on the other side the UK for example feared that such an offer would have collapsed morale. Personally I would say that French morale would not have survived such an offer.

As for the US, I'm not so sure, since no US involvement also mediates against seeking peace in Germany.
I think the biggest stumbling block is Ludendorf and Hindenburg. If they could be sidelined it would help.

The big trick is to convince France that they are not getting Alsace-Lorraine back, without Germany completely winning in the west.
Another trick is to convince Japan, Australia, South Africa (and somewhat easier) Britain and France to return the German colonies, unless you don't care about those.

Is the collapse of Germany's allies inevitable at this point? To what extent can Germany redeploy their Eastern Front troops to shore up Austria-Hungary and/or the Ottoman Empire (if possible).

I don't know enough about the situation but it seems to me their fates would dictate how long Entente/German planners perceive the war can keep going for.

Last edited:

kham_coc

Banned
Is the collapse of Germany's allies inevitable at this point? To what extent can Germany redeploy their Eastern Front troops to shore up Austria-Hungary and/or the Ottoman Empire (if possible).

It was German inability to help that meant their Allies position became untenable, if not, then not.

It's certainly not ASB. If the only change is no direct American involvement ... well let's just say that the question of who is most likely to win is ... open for debate. Threads will go on forever with no consensus.
My opinion is that the most likely result is a deeply disliked status quo ante bellum , at most a minor victory for one side with little substantial change compared to otl versailes