One or both towers stand

WI one or both of the planes on september 11 2001 had hit the towers in an angle so that they were lighter damage than otl so that the towers still stood 12 hrs later and the fires were burned out and all people alive above the fire could be saved. Possible or impossible?

It may have stood that day, but would be knocked down later for "safety" reasons.

I would concur with that. However it managed to remain standing, it would be a major hazard in the then near future.

I don't think, however, that the lesser loss of life would materially alter the reactions of people. It was the event, rather than the toll, that traumatised

jose1357

Donor
agreed, although it might save 1000 more...I thinks it's still a mini-miracle only 3000 died in 9/11 considering how many people go through WTC especially during rush hour 2 PATH/subways

HelloLegend

Banned
I would concur with that. However it managed to remain standing, it would be a major hazard in the then near future.

I don't think, however, that the lesser loss of life would materially alter the reactions of people. It was the event, rather than the toll, that traumatised

Many tragedies are not caught on tape, the same the 2 jets rammed the WTC. All on tape!

agreed, although it might save 1000 more...I thinks it's still a mini-miracle only 3000 died in 9/11 considering how many people go through WTC especially during rush hour 2 PATH/subways

i saw a dramadocumentury two days ago(main reason for posting) and 1/3 of the deaths came from the first building hit since the plane hit exactly the right(wrong depending on pov) and destroyed all escaperoutes. The first pilot was better in moving his plane into a angle of attack than the other that came in slightly from the side.

Maybe if the government hadnt planted all those explosives and flew remote controlled jetliners with missle pods into them they'd be just fine...

j/k

In all seriousness,

regardless of the outcome a terrorist attack is a terrorist attack is a terrorist attack.

The current timeline of the mideast war would probably be the same.

In all seriousness,

regardless of the outcome a terrorist attack is a terrorist attack is a terrorist attack.

The current timeline of the mideast war would probably be the same.
True we'll still want revenge for the dead on the Aircraft, those who invevitaby die in the towers and those in the Pentagon

OOC: @ AdirondackSeperatist: What school are you going too in N. Saratoga County? I live in Clifton Park just south of there

True we'll still want revenge for the dead on the Aircraft, those who invevitaby die in the towers and those in the Pentagon

OOC: @ AdirondackSeperatist: What school are you going too in N. Saratoga County? I live in Clifton Park just south of there

Sweet, I actually grew up in Malta ny, but I've been in Potsdam Ny now for the past 6 years working on my bachelors degrees, and now my graduate degree. Always a pleasure to meet someone from the saratoga area! Take it easy!

If one or both towers still stand after the attacks (even if they're later taken down for safety reasons) you may see more of an effort to rebuild it "just the way it was before" rather than new original designs for Lower Manhattan, . i.e restore or rebuild the original towers. Damage to the surrounding area (including the 50-story 7 world trade center building, which collapsed later that afternoon as a result of the previous collapses) would be far less extensive. Recovery efforts of victims bodies would be easier and less dangerous. Fewer NYPD and FDNY casualties. Wouldn't change a thing re: US policy afterwards.