• China

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • France

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After more than fifty years of "peace", Germany joins in a war. Its goal is the oil-pumping French region of Normandy.

GermanyJoinsWWIII.jpg

A nuclear opening move by Germany. Peace proposal by Hungary flatly rejected by America and Britain. Joining in the war was for naught as the British have seized control of Normandy first, so...

NuclearOpener.jpg

The Good News here is pretty obvious. The Bad News... Hungary has opened a bulge into the Vaterland, which should be shortly corrected by the amount of Allied forces pouring into Deutschland even as we speak.

GoodBadNews.jpg

Fortunately, with the exception of the potent Hungarian pocket in Sudentenland, things are going pretty well in the war against the French Alliance.

It is only a matter of time before Hungary is abolished.

FortunesTurning.jpg

At the dawn of the Third Millennium, Man has not progressed far. He has not progressed to the point where advanced computing machines are common in every household, he has not gone to the stars, he has not even united the world with a single network.

In many ways, Man is no different than he was at the beginning of 1936.

Welcometo2000.jpg

Shall you use your awsome nuclear power, Adam? ;)

What I want to see is someone playing as Luxembourg or Danzig and conquering the world. Even if they have to use cheats, it would be entertaining.:)

Shall you use your awsome nuclear power, Adam? ;)

Already did, and will do so in future when I feel it appropriate.:p

rottengreekfire said:
What I want to see is someone playing as Luxembourg or Danzig and conquering the world. Even if they have to use cheats, it would be entertaining.:)

Cheats? We don't have that, but the scenario editor could hand over half of the world to those small nations in an hour or two of tinkering.

Already did, and will do so in future when I feel it appropriate.:p
Yes, I knew that but I was refering to:
Maybe. If I want a full-scale nuclear assault, it'd be on the turn of the Millennium.

Cheats? We don't have that, but the scenario editor could hand over half of the world to those small nations in an hour or two of tinkering.
I see. Perhaps a three way struggle between the superpowers of Danzig, Luxembourg and Bhutan.:D

Yes, I knew that but I was refering to:

Ah, that. That was before I wanted certain non-radiated territories in France and Hungary, and Britain becoming a main ally of mine in the long struggle against the French-Chinese Axis. Still, post-Millennium had seen several instances of nukage (not shot, and never will), and I'm still thinking of 'touching' China, so...

rottengreekfire said:
I see. Perhaps a three way struggle between the superpowers of Danzig, Luxembourg and Bhutan.:D

Would take sometime, but doable. Not in teh mood to use the editor now though.

If technology was like it was in 1936 still, I am probably never born, due to my mom having to have special medicine to be able to have me. Ah well, Thank Christ I don't have to see Germany rule everyone.

Playing the new scenario on the Making History website (and modding it a tad bit, like having a double output for arms and goods that would allow nations to take care of their needs a bit easier and allow for larger wars). I played as Nazi Germany, leader of the German Alliance, here's some pics =P

There are four German Alliance nations in the West. Japan, Argentina, Germany, and Mexico.
2qcp1eu.jpg

I won't list all the German Alliance members in this pic, but the some that are notable are Muscovy (Fascist Russia), India (super wanked India), Italy, Romania, Egypt, South Africa, Liberia, Algeria, Morroco, Spain, the British Union (not UK), and Japan.
euo56t.jpg

Just FYI, Making History II has been announced. Looks interesting although they haven't given us too much information yet.

Official announcement here.

List of features here:

Play any nation on a beautifully rendered 3D world map
• Hundreds of unique land, sea, and air units representing both major & minor powers of the era
• Research an array of weapon systems & tactical improvements; repair, reinforce & upgrade existing forces
• Fly air missions against a range of industrial & military targets
• Extensive economic system covering production, resources, consumption, trade & wealth
• Initiate infrastructure projects that modernize your nation and expand your economic potential
• Construct weapons factories, shipyards, research labs & a variety of other buildings that add specific abilities to your cities & regions
• Intelligent AI instigates, reacts and adapts to the changing game dynamics generating action on the home front and abroad
• Each nation has a unique set of characteristics that influences behavior
• Populations are divided by culture, ethnicity, religion and political ideology; factors that destabilize nations, provoking revolts, coups and civil wars
• Manage your colonies, liberate new nations, establish puppet states or annex their territory
• Engage in espionage & interfere in the internal affairs of your neighbors
• New innovative Multiplayer system that will revolutionize strategy gaming
• Plus much more!

Making History: The Calm and the Storm. I play it as well. There's getting ready to be a second one, which I'm also looking forward to. :)

I also look foward to it.

Well, I'm playing Gold and about to play Deadlock, the World War 1 mod for the game. It looks pretty interesting.

My last game ended in the late 50s. Germany just blows every other nation out of the water. I control the United States, Mexico, and Europe. I felt so much pity, that I liberated Liberia and Africa and gave them most of Sub-Saharan Africa.

The World of Red Revolution Unbound: July 27th, 1942

I played as Argentina, a regional power in South America that has become South America. Meanwhile, Communism has been spread throughout Europe and Asia. Japan is still alive thanks to their alliance with the USSR. China, Italy, Germany, and France have all been crushed under the millions boots of the Red Army.

Thankfully.

Thanks to the Soviet Union, I was able to conquer Brazil, Paraguay, Uraguay, Chile, Bolivia, and the small amount of European territories on the northern tip of South America. Next order of business? Rebuild the Navy that was mutually destroyed during the Brazil-Argentina War of 1940.

My only problem right now is that this was a Soviet-wank scenario, and while there is still partisans that occasionally take regions in Spain and France, the Soviet Union is untouchable. The only major nations part of the American Alliance is the US and UK. The UK has been saved because their Navy protects them from invasion.

I'm afraid that the war is going to get nuclear soon, but I wonder what I could do to make it interesting should the Soviets get the 90% Domination Victory. One idea I had was to save the game, go play as the Soviets, and flip a coin, randomly liberating nations. For instance, flip a coin and it comes up heads, the Soviets lose Yugoslavia. Comes up tails? Germany stays.

While the liberated nations would be extremely friendly to the Soviet Union, the USSR may lose so much land that their military may become too much to handle. I plan on playing the scenario to 2010. I may go "End of Dystopia" mode if the war comes down to only three major powers left, which I'm sure are going to be Japan, the USSR, and Argentina.

2eyvwk0.jpg

October 26th, 1942

In Buenos Aires, a small group of men are meeting in the capital building in secret to discuss their newest plan, the Conquest of Peru. Five cities have been shifted from manufacturing goods, arms, and performing research to training units for war. 28 Field Artillery Divisions, known as the 12th Army, are making their way to the Amazonas region from which the invasion is to be launched from. Meanwhile, 23 of 24 Basic Infantry Divisions from the military garrison from Cayenne in French Guianna are traveling to the Amazons as well. These 23 Divisions, known as the 10th Army, are meant as "insurance". It will be another four months before the forces can converge, during which time the Argentinean Army is slowly being enlarged by new units, such as tanks and light artillery.

While Argentina has nowhere near the technological might of other world powers, it makes up for that with sheer numbers and having extremely weak neighbors. Still, there's a chance that the Conquest will lead to Declarations of War from Venezuela and Colombia, like how the Conquest of Uraguay prompted Brazil to declare war less than three years ago.

Still, the men in Buenos Aires know what they're doing. Surely, the combined might of three pitiful remnants of South America can't stand against the might of what will become South America.

Even then however, there have been problems. The Consumer Goods Market is going to crash in Argentina unless they can buy some in the market. Another problem is the sudden and drastic decrease in oil imports from the USSR. A non-issue for now, since there's a huge stockpile of oil.

Across the Atlantic, the Soviet Union has landed forces on the British Isles, despite the island being guarded by the combined US-Royal Navy.

2my6bd1.jpg

(No pics this time: Sorry)

January 4th, 1943

The past two months have been uneventful for Argentina. With a billion dollars burning in their pocket, emphasis on staying in the green has fallen. The Conquest of Peru is slated to begin early March. All in all, Argentina hasn't changed much in the past few months.

In Europe, the situation is different. The Soviet forces that landed near London via the North Sea have been repulsed. Another invasion force coming across the English Channel were met by token US ships. In an attempted "counterlanding", the British tried to send their own force across the English Channel but were quickly sent packing to London after a Soviet Fleet sailed through the Channel, destroying a few transports before the British retreated.

Things are looking bad. The USN seems to be lying low and the RN is all but destroyed. Meanwhile, on the other side of the globe, the Vietnemese has been destroyed, along with a small invasion force meant to take the final remnants of the Netherlands.

I'm afraid that the war is going to get nuclear soon, but I wonder what I could do to make it interesting should the Soviets get the 90% Domination Victory. One idea I had was to save the game, go play as the Soviets, and flip a coin, randomly liberating nations. For instance, flip a coin and it comes up heads, the Soviets lose Yugoslavia. Comes up tails? Germany stays.
You can still play even if a country gets the 90% Domination. Just click on the "keep playing" option. And the 90% Domination is dependent on the Faction, so it shouldn't matter either way.

Why? It was peacefully decomposing. Also, you added nothing new.

But I do. My MH2 China game so far:

fkxhrb.png

Pretty straight forward I have humiliated the Japanese and created a rump Korean state. Now in Europe things are different, much different...

dzffb7.png

After Germany declared war on France it ignored them and then invaded Russia, Russia in retaliation invaded Finland (no idea why), France declared war on Russia, Britain declared war on France and France pretty much steamrolled Europe. I China am a major player in the world with my space program, massive fleets, huge armies, first one with the bomb and Chinese cars are now a centerpiece in every car-lot.:D