Jesus of Antioch

What would have happened if Jesus Christ had been born somewhere else, but not too far away?. I mean , if we want Christian religion developing similar to OTL's, we need a charismatic Jewish-born preacher, born in a modest family, who starts His ministry claiming Divine descent, etc, and who is soon followed by thousands who will worship Him in life and after His death and Resurrecton....

But could Christianity had developed akin to OTL if Jesus Christ had been born in, for example, Antioch (or anywhere else with sizeable Jewish poplulation, given that His first followers where recruited among the Jewish people)?. The Jewish Diaspora was dispersed across the Eastern Mediterranean around the I century, so He could have been born somewhere between current Lybia and Western Anatolia.

If Jesus had been born outside Palestine, I think the Crusades could have been quite different...

i dont know if the butterflies would allow crusades or let alone let Antioch fall to the arabs, or even make a contendor for control of the levant

Under the right circumstances we could end up with a Christianity that is nothing more than a sect of Judaism, f.ex if alt-Christianity starts somewhere where there is a lot of theological discourse among the Jews.

What would have happened if Jesus Christ had been born somewhere else, but not too far away?. I mean , if we want Christian religion developing similar to OTL's, we need a charismatic Jewish-born preacher, born in a modest family, who starts His ministry claiming Divine descent, etc, and who is soon followed by thousands who will worship Him in life and after His death and Resurrecton....

But could Christianity had developed akin to OTL if Jesus Christ had been born in, for example, Antioch (or anywhere else with sizeable Jewish poplulation, given that His first followers where recruited among the Jewish people)?. The Jewish Diaspora was dispersed across the Eastern Mediterranean around the I century, so He could have been born somewhere between current Lybia and Western Anatolia.

If Jesus had been born outside Palestine, I think the Crusades could have been quite different...

It doesn't even have to be Jesus himself since all we need is "a charismatic Jewish-born preacher, born in a modest family, who starts His ministry claiming Divine descent, etc, and who is soon followed by thousands who will worship Him in life and after His death and Resurrecton".

How similar depends on how the resultant Churches organise themselves.
Do we have an Apostle Paul using his Roman citizenship to convert other Roman citizens to a non bloodline based partial Judaism?

I once had an idea for a Greek Jew (later) known as Simon Theides forming the basis of a Roman Christianity centred around the idea that anyone can become a Son (or Daughter) of God through acceptance of the Holy Spirit, thus entering Communion with God; Archbishops are known as Christs and there is an ArchChrist at Rome; Simon is venerated as the First Son, a step above a Prophet.

Well, Antioch is not that distant geographically, but it is a world away from Galilee culturally. An Antiochene Jesus would very likely be a fluent speaker of Greek (for a given value of Greek), and have a good chance of practising his religion in that language. He would also be used to a degree of luxury and ostentation that a Galilean could only marvel at from afar. Even Jerusalem was not really up to the standard of Antioch on that count. It doesn't help that Antioch is among the beneficiaries of empire, with a very different attitude towards power structures in general and Rome in particular prevailing.

An Antiochene Jesus would be a very different person. For one thing, he'd probably be known as Jason to his friends and family. And he would very likely not care terribly much about redeeming the tribes of Israel or solving the dilemma of Roman power in the lands of YHVH.