If Richard Nixon Beat Kennedy, would nixon get assasinated

If Richard Nixon was successfully elected over Kennedy, would Nixon be assasinated

Yes. According to the A.H. Principle of Foolish Consistency, Nixon would be inescapably doomed to die if he were elected in 1960. However, under the principle of WSRYF (We've Secretly Replaced Your Folger's), the assassin would be Charles Whitman instead.

Our alternate Nixon will also be predestined to have an affair with Marilyn Monroe, deal with a missile crisis somewhere in the Caribbean, and commit the U.S. to a Moon landing. His alt-brother Edward Nixon will have to run in 1968 before being shot and paralyzed by Arthur Bremer.

Yes. According to the A.H. Principle of Foolish Consistency, Nixon would be inescapably doomed to die if he were elected in 1960. However, under the principle of WSRYF (We've Secretly Replaced Your Folger's), the assassin would be Charles Whitman instead.

Our alternate Nixon will also be predestined to have an affair with Marilyn Monroe, deal with a missile crisis somewhere in the Caribbean, and commit the U.S. to a Moon landing. His alt-brother Edward Nixon will have to run in 1968 before being shot and paralyzed by Arthur Bremer.
that would be an interesting "We choose to go to the moon speech"

we shall go to the moon, we shall go to the moon, and we shall do it not because we can, but because we Must-Richard Nixon

Blair152

Banned
If Richard Nixon was successfully elected over Kennedy, would Nixon be assasinated, how would this effect kennedy's Carrer.
Can Kennedy run for president later on, maybe Win when Nixon would have won in OTL
Ever hear of the Tecumseh, or Zero-Year Curse? Allow me to explain. Back
in the War of 1812, William Henry Harrison led the Americans to victory over
the British and the Indians at the Battle of Tippecanoe. (Hence is campaign
slogan many years later.) Anyway, Tecumseh was killed in the battle and his
brother, known to the whites as the Prophet, put a curse on Harrison, and by
extension, the presidency. Zachary Taylor was elected President and gave an hour-long inaugural address, and died of pneumonia a month later. He's said to be
the first president to die in office. Lincoln was elected in 1860 and reelected in 1864. He gave what most historians consider a fairly well-
received second inaugural address. He was assassinated by John Wilkes
Booth over a month later at Ford's Theater. James A. Garfield was elected in 1880 and assassinated in a Washington, DC, train station in 1881, by
a disgruntled, crazy man named Dr. Charles Guiteau. Fast forward to the turn of the 20th century. William McKinley was elected in 1896, reelected in 1900. On September 6, 1901, he was assassinated at the Buffalo World's Fair by an anarchist named Leon Czolgosz, (pronounced "Cholgosh"), and died three days later. This was why the Secret Service was tasked to guard the President. Sixty-two years later, on November 22,
1963, John F. Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald, OTL.
ATL, if Nixon, and not Kennedy, had been elected in 1960, the answer to your question is a definite yes. Kennedy would probably run for President in 1968. Henry Cabot Lodge, who'd be Nixon's vice president, and the new
President, would win election to his first term due to the sympathy factor.
Failing to achieve election in 1968, it would probably be either 1972, '76, or '80 and he'd go up against a popular California governor named Ronald
Reagan.

Blair: I highly doubt JFK would run past 1972, his health will start deteriorating (though not fatally) and he'll be a whole generation out of date by '72 or later. If Jack doesn't get it in 1960, he might try in 1968, but Bobby will start moving up the ladder regardless. If one falls, the other takes his place. That's how the Kennedy brothers operate.

Blair152

Banned
Blair: I highly doubt JFK would run past 1972, his health will start deteriorating (though not fatally) and he'll be a whole generation out of date by '72 or later. If Jack doesn't get it in 1960, he might try in 1968, but Bobby will start moving up the ladder regardless. If one falls, the other takes his place. That's how the Kennedy brothers operate.
My opinion. You're right, RogueBeaver. Ted Kennedy was supposed to be the
senator, representative, from Rhode Island. Bobby, New York, this is according to what I heard on a radio talk show last year. A Kennedy historian
wrote a book about the Kennedys and that's what he said. The book's name,
unfortunately, escapes me. However, if you want a good alternate history novel about JFK, there's a book written in 1988, I think, called Promises To
Keep, it's about Kennedy running for a second term in 1964. As side note,
the last assassination attempt on a sitting POTUS was on Ronald Reagan in 1981. However, as my explanation of the Zero Year Curse shows, every
president elected in a year ending in zero, except for George W. Bush, has
either died in office, or been assassinated.

Ever hear of the Tecumseh, or Zero-Year Curse? Allow me to explain. Back
in the War of 1812, William Henry Harrison led the Americans to victory over
the British and the Indians at the Battle of Tippecanoe. (Hence is campaign
slogan many years later.) Anyway, Tecumseh was killed in the battle and his
brother, known to the whites as the Prophet, put a curse on Harrison, and by
extension, the presidency.

The Shawnee themselves don't believe in this myth about the curse. It's about as believable as those stories by L Ron Hubbard where he claims the Blackfoot made him a blood brother.

IRL, Indian spiritual leaders don't put curses on anyone. Any healer doing so would be regarded as a witch and outcast, or among some tribes in the pre reservation era, killed.

That'd be esp true for the belief system the Open Door AKA Prophet taught, which had some pretty strong influence from End Times Christianity.