Hitler's Lunar Reich - 1955

Isaac Beach

Banned
I've got a query, and it involves an incredibly silly ASB scenario I've been dreaming up for one of my maps. I don't know much about the Cold War era so I thought I best ask people who are.

First of all, can someone please give a brief rundown of what was going on worldwide in 1955?

Second of all, how might all this be affected if out of the blue, Hitler, having escaped to the Dark side of the Moon to his secret moonbase, starts sending ultanationalist rhetoric to the governments of Earth?

Thirdly, should this probably be in the ASB thread? Because I don't want to be posting silly rubbish in a thread not designed for it.

Pangur

Donor
I've got a query, and it involves an incredibly silly ASB scenario I've been dreaming up for one of my maps. I don't know much about the Cold War era so I thought I best ask people who are.

First of all, can someone please give a brief rundown of what was going on worldwide in 1955?

Second of all, how might all this be affected if out of the blue, Hitler, having escaped to the Dark side of the Moon to his secret moonbase, starts sending ultanationalist rhetoric to the governments of Earth?

Thirdly, should this probably be in the ASB thread? Because I don't want to be posting silly rubbish in a thread not designed for it.

ASB? Yes by any stretch of the imagination

Wrong part of Forum
This belong into ABS section, not in Post 1900 !

And curse you Robert Heinlein, giving Us the trope of nazi on moon...

The major powers of the world hold a meeting to decide which parts of his body will be impaled in Moscow, Warsaw, Paris, London and Washington D.C. Then, they agree to build a joint Moon mission, money no object.

Yeah, this has basically already been done. Its called Iron Sky.

1198353-iron-sky.jpg