Hitler found Alive in Argentina in 1969

There was an interesting AH novel I remember reading which came out back in 1980 called the "Trial of Adolph Hitler" written by Phillipe Van Rjndt which examined a similar scenario as discussed here. You would have to hunt around for it as it is no longer in print. In it, Hitler reveals he has been in hiding since WW II and is put on trial before an international tribunal.

There was an interesting AH novel I remember reading which came out back in 1980 called the "Trial of Adolph Hitler" written by Phillipe Van Rjndt which examined a similar scenario as discussed here. You would have to hunt around for it as it is no longer in print. In it, Hitler reveals he has been in hiding since WW II and is put on trial before an international tribunal.
I've read it too. He was hiding in Germany though, and was a respected schoolteacher in his community if I recall it correctly.

The concept sounds so stereotyped that looks more like the plot of a 70s Grindhouse movie for Drive-In Theater.
And not, I'm not insulting anyone. I'm just saying that this sounds almost unreal.

Let Hitler's son disappear and reappear in 1968 Haight Ashbury and 1969 Woodstock. He could be one of the original hippies. His sister could be a co-founder of MS magazine.
There's a (more plausible than usual) conspiracy theory that the Hippy/LSD subculture was a product of MKULTRA . . . given what we know about the "Deep State" in postwar USA recruiting old Nazis, your idea makes sense. A horrible, evil sort of sense.

Crazy Boris

Banned
The Mossad would snatch his ass so fucking quick. I am very skeptical of the odds of him making it to Isreal alive in that scenerio.
That’s pretty much what came to mind immediately for me. He’s captured right away and someone pulls a Jack Ruby and kills him well before the trial could even begin.

I could imagine multiple people who had the same idea arguing over who gets to kill Hitler as they stand outside his jail cell with weapons in hand.

Why would Hitler be advising what he considers to be a country of untermensch?
Though Hitler in any role was going to get outed and exported back to the allies fast, Argentina is heavily salted with people of completely, or near complete Spanish, Italian, German, Croat and in far smaller numbers, Welsh descent. Thus, the country's ethnic make up would have been fairly acceptable to Hitler.

Last edited:
Even if Hitler makes it to South America and isn't stuffed full of drugs anymore, he's highly unlikely to live until 1969 simply due to his Parkinson's disease. He'd be very lucky to make it to the mid-50s in the unlikely event that he's not found.
If Hitler made it to Argentina, he would need to conceal his true identity. It is possible for him to have children, but he would be lucky to survive past 1955, if that long. He might make it under the the protection of a handful of German refugees, but there is no way the world is going to know until, say, Hitler dies.

I was thinking more about them having one son who was basically Uday Hussein, he not only admires his father but if put in a position of power might actually be worse. How the child develops could go in any direction but for this particular path I want the boy to be a horrible chip off the old block.
Oh dear god no

First off Hitler even without the drugs will never sneak away. His Ego won’t allow it.
But assuming he does.
I don’t think it is possible for him to stay hidden that long with the world hunting him.
But assuming he does.
I don’t think any government is crazy enough to have him as a secret adviser.
But assuming Argentine is
when found out the entire UN will demand jointly and individually that Argentina hand him over. And the embargos will start instantly. And no government is crazy enough to fight a war over one mad man that isn’t even from said country.
But assuming the leader of Argentina is that crazy
His Own government will kick him out and hand Hitler over.
But Assuming the Government of Argentina doesnt
The Military will stage a coup as they are not insane enough to commit collective suicide.
But Assuming they dont
Then the Various agencies running from the CIA to MI6 to Mossad to the various USSR organizations will ALL try to kidnap him.
But Assuming they somehow fail.
Then they will try to assassinate him up to and including with a truck bomb if needed.
But assuming they somehow fail
The US will send in a carrier raid and bomb him if needed. If for no other reason then to prevent USSR troops getting a footing in South America.
But assuming the US does not send in a bombing raid.
Then a joint UN backed war WILL happen. If that means some Soviets are involved then so be it. The reality is the US and the rest of the worl will take Argentina apart one stick at a time if needed to find Hitler. He is NOT getting away.
And if somehow non of the above is possible then once his location is known you will get a very brief moment of very bright “instant Sunshine “ on the confirmed location of Hitler and the world will have seen a third Nuclear weapon used in anger. Perhaps an ICBM perhaps from a bomber.
But in the end the entire WORLD (well except perhaps Japan and Italy?) will insist on Hitlers death.

That does bring up an interesting point. How exactly does Japan and Italy vote in the UN when the Hitler or War vote is called? Do they side with the rest of the world or do the abstain from the vote as they had been Hitlers Alies? No I am not saying they would support him. But I am sure that in the 60s they would rather not have WW2 tossed back in their faces. So what is the most face saving thing they can do? I would assume they would vote to invade or whatever the rest of the world insisted on. But…. Can the better save face doing something else?

The other question is there anywhere in the world when Hitler can get a fair trial.
Everyone will assume his quilty even before the trial starts. While it is true he is guilty, a trial is meant to start on the presumption of innocence. and only decide on guilt or innocence based on the evidence presented at trial.

Fleeing is not something which lies in Hitler's character. He was more a 'Victory or Death' type.
I know this has nothing to do with what the OP said, but if Hitler claimed to have changed, acknowledged his crimes, and accepted his execution after claiming that his time living near metizos changed his view on non Aryans, what impact would it have on white nationalism and Holocaust denial?
I had once read Hitler believed that the Amerindians were Aryans because of all the Karl May books he read in his youth. So it looks more likely to me he would begin claiming that mestizos should be made 'honorary Aryans' instead.
Not a thing.
With the lack of DNA analysis they could use Hitler's dental records or something instead to identify the body.

If Argentina refuses the soviets will get him, one way or the other. My guess is that, at the very least, they'd try to pull an isralei-like "Eichmann grab": covert team goes in, bags him, ships him to Moscow, where he is publicy tried and hanged. Failing a grab, they'd assassinate him.

Or, depending on the soviet leader, Moscow sends Argentina a message, something like: "The 20 million soviet dead in the Great Patriotic demand justice. Deliver him or we turn Argentina into radioactive slag"

If Hitler made it to Argentina, he would need to conceal his true identity. It is possible for him to have children, but he would be lucky to survive past 1955, if that long. He might make it under the the protection of a handful of German refugees, but there is no way the world is going to know until, say, Hitler dies.

I disagree. The Mossad, the CIA, the KGB and MI6 will investigate every rumour of Hitler's survival to the bottom. He'll probably be found like Eichmann was. There's a chance he won't be found, but I estimate the probability of that to be low.

Eichmann was living in the greater Buenos Aires, though. If Hitler retires to a countryside farm and remains surrounded only by people loyal to him, he may be able to skip detection

This scenario assumes that it was the drugs that caused him to not flee. It also has a couple of things to overcome before Hitler would reach Argentina.

Most Nazi’s that ended up in Argentina did not get there directly. Eichmann spent several years in Germany, using forged papers to avoid being identified, escaping from a work detail and working odd jobs until 1950. Little fish can do that kind of thing, Big Fish cannot. I think Ribbentrop managed for all of a couple weeks. Hitler would be even more recognizable.

Eichmann also got clearance to fly to Argentina through the help of an Austrian bishop working in Italy with Nazi sympathies. Hitler is way too big a player for anyone to risk this with.