Have the amiga computer be the apple of the world

As suggested.. I was a die hard amiga guy back in the day. Lots of posts on this or that machine or even gaming system

Have commodore embrace it all and maybe not rule.. But be a prime time player.. Workstation /gaming... Home.. Education.. Music... (on that front have midi built in)
Note for a dead computer.. You have amiga os 4.1 and now amiga os 3. 2 for classic machines..

So what coukd they have done to really become a real player.. Take out apple (whom I'm not a fan) and threaten Microsoft (whose products while not the best.. Are just the white bread of the computer industry.. It works.. It's not yuckie.. But it's also not Mt dew

its really hard, Jack Tramiel's revenge and the sheer incompetence of Commodore, especially Gould really put a damper in everything. Also Amiga 1000 pretty much flopped hard in its launch.

Not sure how we should re-shuffle the chairs at Commodeore, but here it goes:
Make the 'Amiga 500' and 'Amiga 1000' for the launch. One targeting high-end home computing (with RF modulator, mostly for games, education), another targeting a more proffesional audience (sound/music/graphics/SOHO/other). Don't wait for 32 bit M68020 too much, introduce the 'Amiga 2000' with it + math co-processor + 1MB or RAM + hard disk support by 1987 (= same time as the 1st 386 PCs and Mac with the 020 and separate monitor). 'Amiga 600' with EC020 processor ASAP.
Press on with higher frequency processors as much as possible. Some kind of 3D accelerator?
By mid-1990s, it is the time for new architecture of processors to battle with Pentium. Perhaps buy into the ARM or Power PC?

Nebogipfel

Monthly Donor
As I understand it, Amiga needed another year or so - the machine was rushed into service (and still, the A1000 was a phantastic machine). So the best way (IMHO) would be to avoid the Atari ST. Tramiel stays at Commodore for s a bit longer?
Alternatively: Tramiel's Atari buys the (proto) Amiga, we essentially get the A500 instead of the ST series (well, with 256K at first...) What would Commodore do? Would we see the 8/16 bit C256?

marathag

Banned
Have Jay Miner stay at Atari and work with what would be the Amiga there.

It won't be 'Amiga' but something like Atari 1600XL, nearing completion when Atari is sold.