France holds after Italy declares war 1940

Grey Wolf

Donor
I think this has to go down as a CHALLENGE!

It's from a dream last night, where France's defensive lines Normandy-Aquitaine and Lyons-Languedoc hold against the Germans, AFTER the Italians have declared war, allowing British ships to use Toulon as a base against the Italian navy.

How could this be achieved?

I think this has to go down as a CHALLENGE!

It's from a dream last night, where France's defensive lines Normandy-Aquitaine and Lyons-Languedoc hold against the Germans, AFTER the Italians have declared war, allowing British ships to use Toulon as a base against the Italian navy.

How could this be achieved?

I think any POD that has the Germans being held or knocked back in the north really has to be before the Italian declaration of war on June 10th, that's a week after Dunkirk. (And frankly if it's looking less good for the Germans I suspect the Italians won't declare war anyway)

It's going to take some miraculous change in French command structure and planning, and some equally miraculous breakdown in the German same. Like literally Hitler demanding the arrest and court martial of the Panzer leaders or something of that level.

Last edited: