Domain of Japanese Kamchatka
Domaine of Japanese Kamchatka.png

Domain of Japanese Alaska
Domaine of Japanese Alaska.png

Domain of The Japanese Rockies (read: British Columbia)
Domaine of The Japanese Rockies.png

Domain of Japanese Cascadia
Domain of Japanese Cascadia.png

Domain of Japanese California
Domaine of Japanese California.png

Flag of the Confederation of The Alps
Flag of the Alps.png

Flag of the Republic of Helvetia
Flag of Helvetia.png

Flag of the Federal Republic of Rhaetia
Flag of Rhaetia.png

Flag of the Republic of Noria
Flag of Noricum.png

(All of them are federally organised.)

Map of CoTA.png

(That Brazilian state that has a huge "NEGO" on its flag)

And why is that an issue?

From Wikipedia:
The word nego on the state flag is Portuguese for "I deny" or "I refuse", referring to the events that led to the Brazilian Revolution of 1930.

Due to Milk Coffee Politics in Brazil, the president of the country always alternated between someone from the state of Minas Gerais and someone from the state of São Paulo. In 1929, the incumbent president from São Paulo, Washington Luís, was supposed to support a politician from Minas Gerais as the next president, but he instead decided to nominate someone from São Paulo for the second time in a row, Júlio Prestes. The state governor of Paraíba, João Pessoa Cavalcânti de Albuquerque, refused to support the appointment of Júlio Prestes, and in 1930, Pessoa joined the alliance for the overthrow of the federal government. The revolution succeeded in toppling the Old Republic and installing Getúlio Vargas—who was from neither Minas Gerais nor São Paulo—as the president of Brazil, however, João Pessoa was assassinated; there is still debate as to whether the motive behind his murder was personal, political, or both. Following these events, the word nego was added to the flag of Paraíba.

Hey all - I'm looking for a sci-fi flag for a polity called the Folkric, a loose confederation of English-speaking worlds. Something with the colors red, white and blue, maybe?

(More than a decade ago, I did this request, but I can't find the file and the upload in the old thread is long since gone.)

A while back, this map was circulating reddit. It was a map where someone had drawn in wildly wrong flags to fill in a map of Europe. Most posts would lie and claim their kid or partner did it, others claimed the map was made by some troll trying to trigger people (which feels more likely). But looking at how utterly INSANE the map is, I decided that, as a creative exercise, I would try to make a map, flags, and lore for this Dumb Reddit Map. In the efforts of making a semi-coherent TL, it came out feeling more like a full brainrot HOI4 mod, and eventually I decided to just lean into that.

So, all that said, I present the Dumb Reddit Map (DRM) Timeline, AKA "Dreams of Reason and Misery"

This has been a labor of love and foolishness for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys my most laborious and intricate shitpost ever.

Kja9Zlk.png

RIj5LRV.png

wRJqJxK.png

e0mzKzu.png
cPGjFoJ.png

Below is the Map:

A while back, this map was circulating reddit. It was a map where someone had drawn in wildly wrong flags to fill in a map of Europe. Most posts would lie and claim their kid or partner did it, others claimed the map was made by some troll trying to trigger people (which feels more likely). But looking at how utterly INSANE the map is, I decided that, as a creative exercise, I would try to make a map, flags, and lore for this Dumb Reddit Map. In the efforts of making a semi-coherent TL, it came out feeling more like a full brainrot HOI4 mod, and eventually I decided to just lean into that.

So, all that said, I present the Dumb Reddit Map (DRM) Timeline, AKA "Dreams of Reason and Misery"

This has been a labor of love and foolishness for a while, so I hope everyone enjoys my most laborious and intricate shitpost ever.

Kja9Zlk.png

RIj5LRV.png

wRJqJxK.png

e0mzKzu.png
cPGjFoJ.png

Below is the Map:

man what

That's brilliant work.

A flag I designed myself, in Canva. Behold-- The Empire of Japan-Hawaii!
From the world of my planned TL, The Finite Is The Infinite-- ITTL, Kalakaua's idea of Japan and Hawai'i entering into personal union via a marriage between his daughter and one of the Japanese princes is carried out, hence the bizarre flag you see here.

Attachments

• the Empire of Japan-Hawai'i.png
    the Empire of Japan-Hawai'i.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited: