DBWI: USA's Illegal Immigrant Problem

whitecrow

Banned
So I have been reading about USA's problems concerning illegal immigrants from the CSA. Poverty, violent crime, riots, drug abuse -- all of it goes up sharply in areas with high concentrations of CSA expatriates. Now I know what some of you are going to say -- these problems arise because USA is racist and doesn't deal with immigrants as well as European countries do, blah, blah, blah. But I think there is a pattern here that shows that CSA culture (both white and black) which promotes laziness and treatment of other people as cattle so they can do your work for you, is incomparable with USA's enlightened values and is the cause of much of the problems in immigrant communities. I think USA should take a tougher stance on illegal immigration from its southern neighbor and improve its border security.

But do you think there is any way for this problem to have been avoided entirely? I know that there are several "USA crushes the CSA rebels" TLs on this site but in such a case I think southern culture would still remain, creating a whole subset of people in the southern USA that would rely on government subsidies to live.

Maybe an earlier POD is needed whereby someone else colonizes the south? Or maybe there is a way for USA to stamp out the southern culture? What do you think?

The USA-CSA border is perhaps the most fortified in the world. I'd go so far to say as our willingness to call any person who hops the Sherman Line a seeker-of-asylum is ridiculous. Christ, I wonder how many spies we're letting in with that policy.

Maybe an early industralisation and thus much more immigration from Europe. The South would probably end the same as the North then and so the South wouldnt want to secede.

So I have been reading about USA's problems concerning illegal immigrants from the CSA. Poverty, violent crime, riots, drug abuse -- all of it goes up sharply in areas with high concentrations of CSA expatriates. Now I know what some of you are going to say -- these problems arise because USA is racist and doesn't deal with immigrants as well as European countries do, blah, blah, blah. But I think there is a pattern here that shows that CSA culture (both white and black) which promotes laziness and treatment of other people as cattle so they can do your work for you, is incomparable with USA's enlightened values and is the cause of much of the problems in immigrant communities. I think USA should take a tougher stance on illegal immigration from its southern neighbor and improve its border security.

But do you think there is any way for this problem to have been avoided entirely? I know that there are several "USA crushes the CSA rebels" TLs on this site but in such a case I think southern culture would still remain, creating a whole subset of people in the southern USA that would rely on government subsidies to live.

Maybe an earlier POD is needed whereby someone else colonizes the south? Or maybe there is a way for USA to stamp out the southern culture? What do you think?

I'm no fan of the more recent immigrant xenophobia myself, but I think a lot of people are forgetting that much of the first calls for border security were originally to actually help keep this country more secure from terrorists and such: A few older folks on here may remember the Featherston incident and "Carden's Raiders" in the '50s? So it was justified then.

With that said, though, the dangers of C.S. terrorism are largely over and we no longer need such tight security.

This is obviously a discussion of modern day politics and should be moved to chat, for one.

Personally, I think we need to allow fairly open immigration, especially for blacks. Not just because they are being oppressed in the CSA, but also as part of our long-term geopolitical goal of finally causing the CSA's collapse. Their economic system is still a form of institutionalized racism which requires black labor to support the lifestyle of the white/Anglo party apparatchik-nomenklatura class. That's been the root cause of the regime's lack of willingness to make any reforms even under so-called moderate leaders and is also the reason even the Chinese won't work with them anymore.

It has become a cottage industry among sociologists identifying just how the various social classes in the CSA would react to a hypothetical collapse. The trick is it is not yet really clear what course such a collapse might take, and how the different groups in the population would perceive it.

OOC: Shouldn't this be in before 1900?

Anything that keeps pressure on those racist slugs down South is a good thing--we should go in there and end it once and for all. They're bluffing--the CSA would never use the bomb.

I don't know why you are lumping the problem we have with illegal immigration in with the minor amount of immigration the CSA gets.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

The illegals are mostly poor workers, black and white, who want to make money, after all the CSA economy isn't exactly a growth engine.

The problem is that these illegals, though they can see that the money is NOT to be made in the CSA, they don't realize that the cultural and political ideas that they learned there are WHY the CSA is as depressed as it is.

The poor whites move here, get jobs, and then want to unionize so they can stop competition from blacks. And then raise their children to think the same way!

The poor blacks move here, still thinking of whites as "Bosses" that have to be appeased, face to face, and then join communists cells in the middle of the night. And then raise their children to think the same way.

I agree, we need to tighten the border.

And fine the everloving crap out of anyone that gives these illegals a job.