Crisis in the Kremlin/Ostalgie

It's still the one thing I haven't been able to do, succesfully get an EU Integrated, Liberal Poland. Managed it with everyone else.

The Sikorski event always triggers at the worst possible time and sends my Westalgie sky high.

Bought Ostalgie today; first play though as Poland I got overthrown in less than a week.

Just finished up an East Germany game: Erich Mielke overthrew Honecker in 1989 and the GDR was alive and kicking into 1992.

Anyone know how to get Gysi as the Leader of the DDR in the second Honecker event? I've only ever seen it available once, thought maybe it depends how reformist you are but never been able to manage it again.

While good news I would prefer to see at least one more update to Ostalgie with Hungry and Czechoslovakia added before a other game is announced.

chankljp

Donor
While good news I would prefer to see at least one more update to Ostalgie with Hungry and Czechoslovakia added before a other game is announced.

Me too. Or maybe a complete overhaul of "Crisis in the Kremlin" plus some DLC campaigns for the other SSRs now that the developers had more experiences at making better games.

They are working on doing that first actually, that update should be out in the next few weeks. :)

chankljp

Donor
Glorious Chairman Mao will stop the genocidal imperialist lackey Chin from killing all 1.2 billion Red Chinese!

Fuckin' ugly reds get out reeeee

Given the seeming tendency of the devs over at Kremlingames to encourage players to take the 'Run them over with tanks' option, I have a feeling that if the game's end dates goes up to 1997, once Hong Kong is reunited with the PRC as an SAR, you will be given the option to invite all the core members of 支聯會 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_...rt_of_Patriotic_Democratic_Movements_in_China) and the DP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(Hong_Kong)) to go on a mandatory 'white dolphin watching boat trip' near the Outlying Islands.... In which the boat tragically sinks with everyone on board....

Or to take a much more 'sneaky' third option route similar to those in Ostalgie, that goes something like: 'Oh? You want to continue doing your June 4 anniversary vigil after 1997? Sure! No problem! One country two systems, after all!..... Unfortunately you cannot use Victoria Park anymore since that space has already been booked for a special industrial exhibition by the mainland government.... How about this small public park out near a village at Lantau Island instead? :openedeyewink:'

Well the DLC is out for Albania, Hungary and Czechoslovakia, I've had a brief blast at each and they are tough; with some very nasty events that can put your Westalgie through the roof. Wouldn't surprise me if there is some rebalancing later.

Still good to have new content though.

I finally managed to restore the Romanian monarchy with Mihai, after 20+ tries.

Some tips:
-Gotta keep that nationalism up and freedoms down.
-Prioritize sovereignty techs above any others.
-Nukesnukesnukes
-Modernize oil extraction
-Shut down the Hungarians
-Do not recreate the CMEA, it lowers nationalism
-Create the WPO
-Use speeches to keep the party line, and focus on the cultural revolution when the GkCHP occurs

chankljp

Donor
Have anyone else tried playing the "Legacy of Hoxha" DLC for Ostalgie? In my opinion, the newly added countries of Hungary, Albania, and Czechoslovakia are so ridiculously nerfed with low income, no research, and no agent networks at the start of the game to the point of them being almost unplayable. By comparison, the DDR, Romania, and even freaking Poland felt like easy mode.

Any advice on how to actually survive as these newly added countries?

I've played both the original and new version of Crisis in the Kremlin. The old one is an interesting concept, but it feels incredibly dated and you're railroaded to fail. The new one is a great improvement, but the interface is abominable and the mechanics can be quite opaque. How much of an improvement is Ostalgie?

I have a couple of questions:

In Crisis, is it actually possible to do a full Trotskyist playthrough without starting WWIII?

How do you keep the SSRs happy?

Just how the hell do you keep the Soviet economy solvent?