Spongebob ended with the movie in 2004. As for Recess and Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy, I'd have to go back and check for sure but I know that neither one of them did more than they did IOTL.
After reading this, I have to ask this. What was Nickelodeon's favorite Nicktoon between 2004 and 2016? I'm guessing Fairly OddParents, but that's just a guess.
Disney Mulls Acquisitions As It Prepares To Launch Premium Streaming Service

The Walt Disney Corporation is expected to launch its highly-anticipated streaming service, known as "Disney Premium", later this year. The service will host film and television content from across Disney's vast collection of properties, throwing open the so-called "Disney Vault" and allowing their animated and live-action classics to be streamed any time, any place for the first time ever. However, some critics are decrying a lack of content on the service, and point to Disney's lack of meaningful acquisitions as a potential source of their skepticism. Disney hasn't made any major moves to acquire outside IPs since 2004, when it formally acquired Pixar (a company it had already had a major role in founding and assisting with the distribution of its films). Before that, Disney acquired the ABC television network and its family of content, including the cable channel ESPN, back in 1996, but since then, Disney hasn't had any significant acquisitions. Indeed, in recent years the company has been the target of acquisition rumors itself, from companies like Apple earlier in the decade, to 20th Century Fox, which at one point was being rumored to be in pursuit of a merger with Disney. A statement from an insider at Fox said that "though Fox considered making a bid to acquire Disney and its IPs, in the end the move was seen as being too risky, and that Fox didn't think it could effectively market Disney content and maintain its own separate image." The insider went on to state that "Fox couldn't imagine a world in which Disney and itself ever joined forces, according to one prominent executive in the company". Though Disney's fortunes have flagged at times during the 21st century, the company has seen a recent surge of popular content, including the hit Pixar film Sonic the Hedgehog 2, its own animated musical Written In The Stars, and a bevy of popular televised content, including the surging musical comedy She's Got It! and the hit animated show Goldilocks: The Series, which is expected to air its fourth and final season beginning later this year. Disney is expected to produce original content for its new streaming service, some of which will feature some of the company's more obscure IPs, including an animated show based on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, expected to take place in a "dark, parallel universe with plenty of twists and turns". Though Disney Premium is likely to feature very little in the way of content outside Disney's classic library, it's important to remember that the company has produced some of the most beloved films and characters of all time, and these classic films will likely prove highly attractive to millions of potential subscribers. Though Disney Premium will likely live or die on the strength of its original content, it should have a good rock on which to build its church.

-from a January 13, 2019 article on Tubehound
I'm surprised that they haven't acquired anyone after Pixar.

Regardless, I think that Disney should either buy Fox, which gives them Marvel's heroes to play around with, or increase their partnership with Apple to get exclusive film and television rights to all their games for the forseeable future. We know that Sonic is a success with Pixar's help, but what about the likes of Commander Keen?

On a sidenote, who owns what as far as Disney's stable IOTL?

Finally, I can't wait to see more about the Oswald series!

I'm surprised that they haven't acquired anyone after Pixar.
Never got a tempting target as Marvel and LucasArts were otl, Marvel is with fox since their 90's bankruptcy (mostly to keep X-Men right safe but slowly give chance others) LucasArts is far better shape otl and other target lack the baggage those two have, plus Fox is far different OTL and neither couldn't found a middle ground for a merger (like otl fox did with warner)

Never got a tempting target as Marvel and LucasArts were otl, Marvel is with fox since their 90's bankruptcy (mostly to keep X-Men right safe but slowly give chance others) LucasArts is far better shape otl and other target lack the baggage those two have, plus Fox is far different OTL and neither couldn't found a middle ground for a merger (like otl fox did with warner)
I see. Thanks!
Disney couldn't afford Fox ITTL.
Speaking of Fox and Warner Bros... No, I don't wanna spoil it. Future update. Maybe E3.
This just got juicy!
Ironic to say that Disney made no major purchase in this TL lol. Show the differences between tl !
Yes. Truly ironic.

The Walt Disney Corporation is expected to launch its highly-anticipated streaming service, known as "Disney Premium", later this year. The service will host film and television content from across Disney's vast collection of properties, throwing open the so-called "Disney Vault" and allowing their animated and live-action classics to be streamed any time, any place for the first time ever. However, some critics are decrying a lack of content on the service, and point to Disney's lack of meaningful acquisitions as a potential source of their skepticism. Disney hasn't made any major moves to acquire outside IPs since 2004, when it formally acquired Pixar (a company it had already had a major role in founding and assisting with the distribution of its films). Before that, Disney acquired the ABC television network and its family of content, including the cable channel ESPN, back in 1996, but since then, Disney hasn't had any significant acquisitions. Indeed, in recent years the company has been the target of acquisition rumors itself, from companies like Apple earlier in the decade, to 20th Century Fox, which at one point was being rumored to be in pursuit of a merger with Disney. A statement from an insider at Fox said that "though Fox considered making a bid to acquire Disney and its IPs, in the end the move was seen as being too risky, and that Fox didn't think it could effectively market Disney content and maintain its own separate image." The insider went on to state that "Fox couldn't imagine a world in which Disney and itself ever joined forces, according to one prominent executive in the company". Though Disney's fortunes have flagged at times during the 21st century, the company has seen a recent surge of popular content, including the hit Pixar film Sonic the Hedgehog 2, its own animated musical Written In The Stars, and a bevy of popular televised content, including the surging musical comedy She's Got It! and the hit animated show Goldilocks: The Series, which is expected to air its fourth and final season beginning later this year. Disney is expected to produce original content for its new streaming service, some of which will feature some of the company's more obscure IPs, including an animated show based on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, expected to take place in a "dark, parallel universe with plenty of twists and turns". Though Disney Premium is likely to feature very little in the way of content outside Disney's classic library, it's important to remember that the company has produced some of the most beloved films and characters of all time, and these classic films will likely prove highly attractive to millions of potential subscribers. Though Disney Premium will likely live or die on the strength of its original content, it should have a good rock on which to build its church.
I love that delicious irony in the italicized statement and ESPECIALLY the bolded one...

Enix-Keiken's latest handheld endeavor, Sword Of Elfsbane, is launching on Nintendo Connect and mobile this week, and is expected to come to the iPhone G at release. It combines action-RPG elements with gacha mechanics, and though the latter is somewhat disappointing, denying some of the game's best features to players who aren't willing to spend extra cash on top of the game's $39.99 MSRP, it does excel at the first part, being a very good action-RPG. It takes place across a massive world, and features a stellar story, which, thankfully, you don't have to spend a dime to experience in full. The game's full 30+ hour quest comes with tons of side missions and plenty of towns, dungeons, and secret areas to explore, and features some of the best combat mechanics we've ever seen in an action RPG, with sword moves straight out of the best hack-and-slashers, and incredible boss fights that will prove a significant challenge for even veteran RPG players. However, the fact that a majority of the game's playable characters (16 out of 24) are locked behind a grindy gacha mechanic, and the fact that the game's best sidequest, a deep monster arena accessible about two hours into the game and the source of some of the best loot is not only paid DLC but also requires gacha mechanics to get the best monsters and materials, is really disappointing. Enix had been leaning heavily into mobile gacha games even before their merger with Keiken, and now, the mechanics are in all the company's games, and will also be present in the upcoming iPhone G exclusive Dragon Quest: Luminaries Of Legend. It's a sad state of affairs for what was once a worthy rival to Squaresoft, and the sad part about it all is that the base game is good, really, really, really good, which could open up a lot of wallets that it wouldn't have opened up if the game was merely average. Our advice: if you can resist the temptation to spend money, Sword Of Elfsbane is still an excellent action-RPG. And if you do want to spend the cash, hey, go ahead, it's your money. But if you're the kind of person who finds themselves easily sucked into these kinds of predatory game mechanics, we recommend staying away.
Oh god... is Keiken trying to use Enix to become the Electronic Arts of Japan or something (especially in console lootboxes)? At first I was glad that Enix has not been thrown into the gutter totally, but at this rate, Keiken is almost certainly going to run Enix's IPs into the ground...

P.S. Keiken is original to this timeline, right? Or is it an extremely obscure OTL company?

Deleted member 150598

2018 may have been done, but does Among Us exist ITTL, given that it was released in 2018?

After reading this, I have to ask this. What was Nickelodeon's favorite Nicktoon between 2004 and 2016? I'm guessing Fairly OddParents, but that's just a guess.

Rocket Power was big in the 2005-2010 period, though it fell off somewhat after that. After that, Shibuya, an animated show featuring wacky shenanigans in Japan, was their most popular Nicktoon for the next few years. They never got a hit on the level of OTL Spongebob, not even TTL Rocket Power was NEARLY that big.

Oh god... is Keiken trying to use Enix to become the Electronic Arts of Japan or something (especially in console lootboxes)? At first I was glad that Enix has not been thrown into the gutter totally, but at this rate, Keiken is almost certainly going to run Enix's IPs into the ground...

P.S. Keiken is original to this timeline, right? Or is it an extremely obscure OTL company?

Keiken is original, yes.

2018 may have been done, but does Among Us exist ITTL, given that it was released in 2018?

Among Us does exist and made a bit of a critical splash in 2018, but yeah, it won't become as big as it is IOTL. It'll be a decently popular little mobile party title though.

Rocket Power was big in the 2005-2010 period, though it fell off somewhat after that. After that, Shibuya, an animated show featuring wacky shenanigans in Japan, was their most popular Nicktoon for the next few years. They never got a hit on the level of OTL Spongebob, not even TTL Rocket Power was NEARLY that big.
So, does Nickelodeon still have a relationship with Klasky-Csupo with Rocket Power ending in the early 2010's? Because I don't think I would have expected that.

Furthermore, I'm getting Kappa Mikey flashbacks for the basic premise of Shibuya. Considering how I like that show, this is a good thing.

Finally, do we still get Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie ITTL?

Nick sort of moves on from Klasky-Csupo after Rocket Power. They end up making a streaming cartoon for Blockbuster, but it ends after one season. Shibuya isn't QUITE like Kappa Mikey, it's more realistic/grounded, but still with some wacky moments.

As for Hey Arnold, it got butterflied away by Phineas and Ferb getting made at Nickelodeon in the 90s rather than at Disney in the 2000s. However, Craig Bartlett's pitch DID get picked up by Fox, who turned it into The Patakis, which aired on the network's Sunday animation block for a few years with Helga (still voiced by Francesca Marie Smith as IOTL, a role that got her her audition for Elissa in Thrillseekers) as the main protagonist, and a version of Arnold as a sort of side character.

Nick sort of moves on from Klasky-Csupo after Rocket Power. They end up making a streaming cartoon for Blockbuster, but it ends after one season.
Well, it was nice while it lasted.
Shibuya isn't QUITE like Kappa Mikey, it's more realistic/grounded, but still with some wacky moments.
Okay.
As for Hey Arnold, it got butterflied away by Phineas and Ferb getting made at Nickelodeon in the 90s rather than at Disney in the 2000s. However, Craig Bartlett's pitch DID get picked up by Fox, who turned it into The Patakis, which aired on the network's Sunday animation block for a few years with Helga (still voiced by Francesca Marie Smith as IOTL, a role that got her her audition for Elissa in Thrillseekers) as the main protagonist, and a version of Arnold as a sort of side character.
You know, considering the stuff that got past the radar as far as the Pataki family goes, this is surprisingly fitting for the series.

I remember that Enix Klien is trying to gain a larger foot hold in the west. I am fond of Dragon Quest so I hope Enxi Kelien will grow successful in the west .It seam that the heavy gaccha elements in their first major american post merger game have hurt what could have been a succes . Are all of Enix-Keiken' games going to Gaccha based or will the negtive of the too much extra pay conent make them want decide to purcusit a more blanced gaccha to none gaccha game ratio. I feel that using such a strargey would be better for them in american in the long run

Most, but not all of their games have some form of gacha. However, there's a lot of games like Sword Of Elfsbane which have full game experiences that can be enjoyed just fine without dipping into the gacha economy. That doesn't make it much better, and sometimes makes it worse, but it is important to note that a lot of their experiences aren't the "freemium" games that have proven so popular.

I have a question for the other participants.

Which outcome is worse for Enix: Merging with Square and having to focus more on Squaresoft's games more than their own, or merging with Keiken and becoming a gacha factory?

Loving the Tl. Recent life issues have kept me busy but I recently managed to fully catch up. Gonna comment on some stuff

Seeing Disney not become the pop culture absorbing monolith they are OTL is a good change of pace haha. I feel furthering their relationship with Apple to get original shows based on Sega IPs is pretty likely.

Good video game movies! Both the Mairo and Sonic films sound fun.

Musical Final Fantasy sounds insane but I am here for it. I remember hearing that Nomura briefly considered making FF15 a musical after seeing Le Mes.

I assume with Mega Man as the final smash DLC, Ryu does eventually happen down the line (as OTL) due to Sakurai's love for fighting games and the new relationship with Capcom.

A Metal Gear / Blackheart crossover that is in canon is pretty wild, but I'm glad they pulled it off.

Lot of cool games! Keep up the good work

Deleted member 150598

Among Us does exist and made a bit of a critical splash in 2018, but yeah, it won't become as big as it is IOTL. It'll be a decently popular little mobile party title though.
I guess I should have sussed it out myself by reading the threadmark beforehand.