Avis Spain timeline planning thread

I am planning a Timeline which features an Avis Spain

This is what I am planning
-Miguel dela Paz survives and is cared by his Aunt and Stepmother, Mary of Aragon and becomes the ruler of Aragon and Castile, uniting Spain.

-Both Prince Arthur and Henry VIII die in succession before Henry VII dies causing Britain to unite earlier.

-Anne of Brittany gives birth to a son after giving birth to Claude but dies after giving birth to the said son.

-Catherine of Aragon remarries to Louis XII.

-OTL Mary Tudor, Duchess of Suffolk marries to Ferdinand of Austria.

-Philip the Fair becomes the Holy Roman Emperor.

-Charles II marries Mary the Jagiellonian and inherits Bohemia but not Upper Silesia and Hungary which goes to Poland, note Louis II of Hungary does not exist in this timeline, he is born as female.

-Spanish Nusa Tengara, Java and Sulawesi.

-Spanish Brazil, Mexico and South Africa.

-Limahong attacks Luzon and destroys the Kingdom of Tondo which splinters but given time to recover and Manila becomes a Chinese city.

OTL Philippines remains untouched till late 17th century and given a chance to recover from the Limahong attack.

-No Acapulco-Manila Galleon Trade and no Silver inflation in the Ming Empire and the Ming Empire survives.

Last edited:
like the idea but i have one question
don't you think is easier if Afonso, Prince of Portugal survives?

i only ask this because i think it would be easier for castille and aragon to accept the son of John II of Portugal, a men known for rising the royal power by means necessary and that had the power to enforce, if needed, is sons right to the crown, that the son of Miguel I

like the idea but i have one question
don't you think is easier if Afonso, Prince of Portugal survives?

i only ask this because i think it would be easier for castille and aragon to accept the son of John II of Portugal, a men known for rising the royal power by means necessary and that had the power to enforce, if needed, is sons right to the crown, that the son of Miguel I

It is just the same I think.

Thing is a child of Afonso and Isabella will be older, and closer to age of majority. There is going to be ALOT of resistance to an Aviz taking the throne of Castille, let alone Aragon. Why submit to the king of portugal, ruling in the name of his wife and young child, when they could opt for the more distant touch of the Hapsburgs.

If Afonso survives his accident\assasination theres a good chance Juan pressures his son to get on with the providing an heir business. Say Isabella gives birth in 1492. When Ferdinand kicks the bucket he\she would be 24, and 12 when theyre grandmother Isabella is gone.

More time to come around to it. More time to get to know them. Its possible after there uncle Juan croaks, there grandparents demand the child be fostered with them.

Just my two cents. Btw, way to many Juans and Isabellas. :)

Thing is a child of Afonso and Isabella will be older, and closer to age of majority. There is going to be ALOT of resistance to an Aviz taking the throne of Castille, let alone Aragon. Why submit to the king of portugal, ruling in the name of his wife and young child, when they could opt for the more distant touch of the Hapsburgs.

If Afonso survives his accident\assasination theres a good chance Juan pressures his son to get on with the providing an heir business. Say Isabella gives birth in 1492. When Ferdinand kicks the bucket he\she would be 24, and 12 when theyre grandmother Isabella is gone.

More time to come around to it. More time to get to know them. Its possible after there uncle Juan croaks, there grandparents demand the child be fostered with them.

Just my two cents. Btw, way to many Juans and Isabellas. :)
The rule of the Habsburgs,even that of Philip the Handsome,was anything but distant.It went on fine nonetheless.As for Miguel da Paz,he was already made Prince of Asturias.So there won't be any resistance.His rule is already pretty much confirmed.Unlike the Habsburgs,his maternal grandparents seemed to actually want him to rule.Charles on the other hand was utterly detested by his maternal grandfather.

It is just the same I think.

Very different if you give it a thought.
If Afonso survives, and has a son in 1492 and Isabela dies in 1504, Afonso would be king of portugal for almost a decade, and is wife would rule castile. When Ferdinand dies their son, is now 24 and with the backing of portuguese and castilian soldiers aragon would have to accept his rule.

P.S. If Afonso is, only a bit like is father then i pity the men that tries to stop him from having his son/wife on their thrones. We are speaking of the son of a man that had no trouble in executing his most powerful noble, in murdering with his own hand his brother-in-law. In five years this monarch passed from being, and i quote, "The king of the roads of Portugal" to having absolute control. In comparison Miguel I was an idiot that had more luck than he deserved.

You're thinking of Manuel I...

First sorry i got the wrong name for our idiotic dead monarch.

No i'm thinking of John II, he was fear by every person in the peninsula. His father had left him with a country were the royal power was weak. He left to Manuel I was a strong kingdom were if a noble dared to oppose royal power, it would be better for him to sleep with a full mail plate on. Manuel got every thing in a golden plate, a strong kingdom with a strong army/navy, a good economy, plans already made to go to India. He didn't get the nickname the fortunate for no reason, he got every thing ready for him all he needed to do was sit back and let the ministers do their job