As Dreamers Do Part Deux

For those wondering about the early years of Sunday Night Football on Fox, the pregame teases for the first seven seasons had a different feel compared other networks.

Pretty much similar to these OTL examples. Especially when the Grim Reaper chases coaches that end up getting fired.

Excerpt from Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel
First aired on HBO on January 21, 2010

tv_gumbel_real_sports-e1429321132300.jpg

Bryant Gumbel

"Tiff, last year when I interviewed you on Real Sports you shared the 'Julio' story with me."

18hIQh8.png

Tiffany Disney
"Right..."

Gumbel
"Now, I'd like to share with you how that story affected members of the LA Kings organization..."

*prerecorded interviews*

jonathan-quick-of-the-los-angeles-kings-skates-to-the-net-during-a-break-in-action-during-the.jpg

Jonathan Quick
"To hear that there were people out there cheering for my team just because they had a problem with Ms. Disney based on her sexual orientation, or her physical disabilities really pissed me off. I wanted to call my agent to ask for a trade out of LA, but I stayed when the league forced Ed Roski to sell the Kings to Magic Johnson."

player_Doughty_Drew.png

Drew Doughty
"Every time Ed Roski threw conniption fits about Tiffany in the locker room, or called her all those hateful names, I wanted to barf. Even though Tiff happens to own one of our Pacific Division rivals, I understand that her family's involvement with the Ducks has really helped put the NHL as a whole on equal footing with the NFL and NBA."

gyi0062762837.0.jpg

Anze Kopitar
"Tiffany actually took a lot of preemptive measures to make sure we were safe when we faced the Ducks at her building. I found out later that she cut off beer sales after the first intermission and had fans go through metal detectors on their way in. But right away as we were warming up, we noticed that she had installed extra netting behind our bench to keep people from throwing stuff at us."​

Oldnavy you said that worlds or wonder japan will open this year but when acutlly will it open. I don't think it should open in tokyo or oska betcusse they tomany parks there. I gave a list of pontial loctions multiple but you ingored me. otuakninja chose his favorite loction. he likes the idea of building in Asahikawa,

bob-miller-900x600.jpg

Bob Miller
(Longtime Los Angeles Kings' regional announcer)

"For the Kings franchise...an organization that I've worked for for decades...to see former owner Ed Roski allow the franchise to devolve into a symbol of far-right extremism, specifically homophobia directed against Ms. Disney...made me question all the years I spent here. Fortunately, the new ownership trio of Magic Johnson, Luc Robitaille and Rob Blake are working around the clock to rehabilitate the Kings' image...for this franchise to once again be a team that all Angelenos can be proud of."

R.8378e8c933b7ae321b6c8dc27ba3413e

Earvin "Magic" Johnson
(New LA Kings part-owner)

"When I bought the team and brought Rob and Luc with me to help out, the first thing I wanted to remind our fans that there was no room for homophobia in Kings Country."

Blake-Rob-Kings-by-David-Sheehan.jpg

Rob Blake
(New LA Kings part-owner)

"After Magic's purchase was approved by the NHL, we took out a full-page ad in the San Diego Union-Tribune to apologize to Tiffany on behalf of our players, coaches and fans."

Dean Lombardi
(Kings general manager)

"Last year, when I heard Tiffany share the 'Julio' story with Bryant Gumbel, I literally sat down and cried. That's when I knew we had a King-sized public image problem outside of Los Angeles. I expressed my concerns to Mighty Duck officials about the safety of our personnel in our first road game in San Diego after that interview aired. Tiffany listened and did everything she could to make sure our guys were safe coming into the Sempra Energy Center. In other cities, the fans were a lot more hostile to us."​

Question submitted by @Mitch!
There’s also the situation regarding the now-former Turner Sports teams, namely the NHL’s Atlanta Flames, now under the ownership of Jerry Bruckheimer. Are the Flames’ jerseys the same under Bruckheimer, or will they adopt the Atlanta Thrashers’ designs sometime soon?

In the mid-Nineties, when other teams felt the need to replace iconic looks in favor of trendier designs for the era, the Flames adopted a primary crest similar to the OTL Thrashers (below), except with the bird breathing fire and sporting flame motifs on the feathers.
17.gif

After Bruck bought the Flames from TBS+Paramount, he brought back the classic Flaming A.
7878039002a0bef2261fc8cb4577c377.jpeg

Oldnavy you said that worlds or wonder japan will open this year but when acutlly will it open. I don't think it should open in tokyo or oska betcusse they tomany parks there. I gave a list of pontial loctions multiple but you ingored me. otuakninja chose his favorite loction. he likes the idea of building in Asahikawa,
Does Asahikawa have enough land to build on?

Does Asahikawa have enough land to build on?
I don't know for sure but Asahikawa is the scond largest city in Hokaido which is most rural island of so there should be land somewhere on the island . Despite hokaid being rural I feel that ashaikaw is large enough to support a themepark becsue it has a po ultion of over 300,000. Asahikawa get tourist who come to see it's zoo(the most famous one in japan) it winter canvial (The one one in spaor is the most pergiosu one in japan but asakawas is a close second one) and it ski resorts. I found informaiton about a huge plot of land in a small town o about 300;000 caled wakkana locted to north of asahikaa. Follow this link for infomaiton. https://www.solidrealestatejapan.co...anai-3500000㎡-land-development-site-for-sale/

Bruins vs. Mighty Ducks on Winnie the Pooh Day (2/6/2010)
Boston Bruins at Mighty Ducks of San Diego
Date:
February 6, 2010
Arena: Sempra Energy Center
City: San Diego, CA
Attendance: 22,000+

TV Coverage: NBC
Announcers: Dick Stockton and Barry Melrose in the booth and Billy Jaffe as the Inside the Glass reporter

Bob Costas (NBC studio host): "The final score at the Igloo, the Capitals with the impressive 5-3 victory over the Pens. Now for the western half of our double header, let's go to San Diego where Dick Stockton and Barry Melrose are on the call."

CUT to: Exterior Shot of the Sempra Energy Center as fans continue to file in...
img959-M.jpg

MUSIC: NHL on NBC theme [Link]

Dick Stockton (play by play): "Alright Bob, thank you. The Super Bowl is tomorrow at Jack in the Box Stadium in Mission Valley. But today, over at the Sempra Energy Center on Sports Arena Boulevard, it is Winnie the Pooh Day. And what better opponent for the Mighty Ducks on Winnie the Pooh Day than the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Bruins..."

***San Diego fans boo the Bruins as they skate onto the ice***

Stockton (cont'd): "The Bruins come into this game as the #1 seed in the East. The Mighty Ducks come in at #6 in the West. And for San Diego, the stakes are higher. We'll explain that in the moment. But for now, we welcome you to the Sempra Energy Center for Game 2 of our NHL on NBC Doubleheader presented by Southwest Airlines. It's the Mighty Ducks of San Diego hosting the Boston Bruins in front of a sold out crowd that includes the likes of Hollywood. Mark Wahlberg is here, sporting the black and gold of the Bruins...as well as Big Nate creator Lincoln Peirce. Larry Fitzgerald, the Cardinals wide receiver also in attendance, sitting next to Mighty Duck owner Tiffany Disney. Also here, Raider quarterback Tom Brady, greeted by boos from this San Diego crowd. Even Stephen King has showed up..."

***Graphic of the Western Conference Standings***

Stockton: "As we mentioned earlier, the Ducks come into this game the Sixth seed in the Western Conference. As we see Tiffany chatting with the reigning NFL MVP, she would love to see her team go out and win today. But now with the Pacific Division leading San Jose Sharks losing five straight in the past week and a half, a win today over Boston will put the Ducks in the driver's seat in the Pacific by just one point in the standings. And furthermore, a win today will help the Ducks leap frog over San Jose for the third seed in the Western Conference behind Vancouver and Chicago."

Early in the First Period

Stockton:
"Chara on the breakaway...HE SCORES!"

***Boos***

Stockton: "Zdeno Chara lights the lamp and the Bruins draw first blood."

Later in the First Period (Bruins up 2-0)

Stockton:
"Brad Marchand, the rookie, with the vicious open-ice hit on Teemu Selanne and Selanne is slow to get up..."

***Boos***

Melrose: "Selanne didn't even have the puck. That was uncalled for."

Stockton: "And now...George Parros throws his gloves aside to get a piece of Marchand...."

***Fans cheer and pound the plexiglass as Marchand and Parros trade fists***

Stockton: "Parros knocks him down!!!! To a standing ovation!!!"

***Both players sent to the penalty box***

Wes McCauley (NHL Referee): "Penalties on both teams. Number 63 for Boston and Number 24 for San Diego. Both guys, five minutes each for FIGHTING!"

Early in the Second Period (Bruins still lead 2-0)

Stockton:
"Perry steals on the puck...To Getzlaf...Shoots...HE SCORES!!!!!!

***Goal Horn*** [Link]

Stockton: "Ryan Getzlaf pulls the Ducks to within one!!!!"

Later in the Second (Ducks still trail 2-1)

Stockton:
"Chara looking for Bergeron on the stretch pass...Poked away by Perry...ALL ALONE...SHOOTS...SCORES!!!!!"

***Goal Horn***

Stockton: "Corey Perry, or as the fans here in San Diego call him, 'Perry the Platypus,' with the breakway goal...and the Mighty Ducks tie the game."

Early in the third period (Game tied at 2)

Stockon:
"Rask clears the [Boston] zone...[Scott] Neidermayer picks it up for San Diego and passes it to Parros at center ice...Parros to Getzlaf...THE ONE-TIMER...HE SCORES!!!!"

***Goal Horn***

Stockton: "Getzlaf puts San Diego ahead 3-2!"

Halfway into the third (San Diego up 3-2)

Stockton:
"Bruins pull Rask for an extra skater...Lucic scores and ties the game to keep the Bruins alive..."

***Boos***

Overtime (Tied at 3)

Paul Olden (Mighty Ducks PA announcer):
"Substituting for Tukka Rask in goal for the Boston Bruins, #30, Tim Thomas..."

***Boos***

Stockton: "Thomas comes in to relieve Rask after Rask blew the 2-0 lead in regulation..."

Stockton: "Bruins tightening up the zone to help Thomas...heavy traffic in front of the net...[Saku] Koivu shoots...knocked away....[Bobby] Ryan laterals to Perry...FROM THE POINT, HE SCORES, AND THE MIGHTY DUCKS WIN IN OVERTIME!!!!!!!!"

***Victory Horn***

Postgame
Bob Costas:
"A HUGE setback for the Bruins as they blow a 2-0 lead and lose on the road, 4-3 in overtime, to the Mighty Ducks."

Brett Hull: "Bob, this has to hurt for the Bruins. Earlier this year, Jeremy Jacobs was fined for downplaying all the right-wing lunatics that were stalking Tiffany. Today, karma came for Boston."

Costas: "But in the Western Conference, could we see the Ducks turn up the heat?"

Hull: "Absolutely. If you're the San Jose Sharks, and you see your Pacific Division lead slip away and San Diego snatch it away, that's a huge wake up call as the Sharks prepare to face the Milwaukee Admirals at the Bradley Center later tonight."

Costas: "So once again, the final score from San Diego, Mighty Ducks 4, the Bruins 3. Till next time, this has been the NHL on NBC."​

Will we be hiring about the worlds or wonder japan in the next entertiment news or will we have to wait until the timeline reachs spring or summer

I feel that six kings should consider an intenral expasion. Perpahs they should build a park on the otl loction universal singpaore. Other poitnal place include mubia or chenia india, shangia china(possible on the otl lociton shagia disneyland) vitenam (Six king was formed by a merger of sixflags and kings entment. Six flags wa planing a park in vitenam but the project fell throw when the threr loctocal vitnesme parter went bankrupt or was unable to raise funds) shakaor or kuysh japan warsaw or krakoc poland durbnick coriat burcherst romania berlian dresdne gemrnay (Former east gemany only modern thempark is in lezpeg) naples itally ( Naples most famous park endlandia has seen better days. Endlanid was the first disny style park in eurpoe . IT was suffesfl in 60's but it started going downhill in the 70's. There were atleast too unfusffle attmepts to revialtize the park. I like idea of disney buyign edenlandia) accupla mexico rio da janiro brazil bunaus aries arteniga verado or havana cuba dubia or somewhere in saudai ariba

I recall that the parmont pincale east is suppose to open in 2012. I also recall that the pincale east project started after the merger of turner and parmont. Before the merger of turner and paramount, paramount bought the American adventure park in the uk with plans to turn it into the pinnacle uk. was the pinnacle uk cancelled becasue of the pinnacle east or will the Pincale uk open on the site of the american after the pincale east opens

Entertainment News for Early February 2010

Citing a downturn in video game sales, Capcom founder Kenzo Tsujimoto agrees to sell a 52% stake to Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- G4 Attack of the Show

20th Century-Fox agrees to a $35 million USD deal to acquire the North American film rights to the Resident Evil franchise from Peacock as part of Disney's purchase of a 52% stake in Capcom. The Dick Tracy-for-Resident Evil trade is expected to be completed by 2011.
- Variety

Elected officials in Ashikawa have high hopes that Bally's Worlds of Wonder Japan will bring much-needed tourism to their community.
- NHK

In Haines City, Florida, Paramount officially begins construction on the eastern Pinnacle park, which they hope will open in 2012 for the studio's centennial.
- CNN

Fantagraphics and TBS+Paramount agree to translate pre-1970 George and Jimmy comics (known in the Netherlands as Sjors en Sjimmie) into the English language with a disclaimer condemning the racist depictions of the Sjimmie/Jimmy character by creator Frans Piet.
- Wizard

TBS+Paramount resume construction work on its planned 2012 relaunch of the former American Adventure Park in Derbyshire. The master plan is to convert the park from outdoor to indoor to allow the theme park to operate year round without worry for weather.
- BBC News

The Sports Page
NBC's NHL clash between the Bruins and Mighty Ducks draws higher ratings than ABC's NBA tilt between the Celtics and Cavaliers at the 4PM Eastern time slot on the Saturday before the Super Bowl.
- ESPN

World League owners vote to approve the relocation of the Spokane Steelheads to Omaha.
- ESPN

Instead of the usual draft lottery, NBA Commissioner Jerry West reveals that the four expansion teams for the 2010-11 season; the Memphis Express, Oklahoma City Bison, Pittsburgh Ironmen and Las Vegas Vipers will have the first four picks in the college draft.
- ESPN

Super Bowl Sunday
Super Bowl XXXIV
Venue:
Jack in the Box Stadium; San Diego, California
Date: February 7, 2010

Score
Arizona Cardinals (NFC): 38
Las Vegas Raiders (AFC): 28
MVP: Larry Fitzgerald (WR; Cardinals)

TV: ABC
Announcers: Mike Tirico, Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

Pregame Notes: During the regular season, Hank Williams Jr. hopped on Miramax's far-right misinformation bandwagon regarding President Obama's birth certificate. ABC quickly fired Hank and replaced him with sibling duo Gus and Del St. Pierre to sing their own Cajun-influenced rendition of "Are You Ready for Some Football?"

The CGI animation of the Raider and Cardinal helmets crashing into each other, a staple of ABC's Monday night games since the early 90's, will likely be the last. ABC was asked by the NFL to discontinue the feature due to heightened concerns about concussions.

Postgame notes: Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner announced his retirement within days after the Cards won.

Citing a downturn in video game sales, Capcom founder Kenzo Tsujimoto agrees to sell a 52% stake to Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- G4 Attack of the Show
At this point, can I ask how many video game properties Disney owns?
20th Century-Fox agrees to a $35 million USD deal to acquire the North American film rights to the Resident Evil franchise from Peacock as part of Disney's purchase of a 52% stake in Capcom. The Dick Tracy-for-Resident Evil trade is expected to be completed by 2011.
- Variety
At least this means Dick Tracy can be in the King Features Cinematic Universe.
Elected officials in Ashikawa have high hopes that Bally's Worlds of Wonder Japan will bring much-needed tourism to their community.
- NHK
I hope so too.
In Haines City, Florida, Paramount officially begins construction on the eastern Pinnacle park, which they hope will open in 2012 for the studio's centennial.
- CNN
Interesting.
Fantagraphics and TBS+Paramount agree to translate pre-1970 George and Jimmy comics (known in the Netherlands as Sjors en Sjimmie) into the English language with a disclaimer condemning the racist depictions of the Sjimmie/Jimmy character by creator Frans Piet.
- Wizard
I've actually forgotten that George and Jimmy exists.
TBS+Paramount resume construction work on its planned 2012 relaunch of the former American Adventure Park in Derbyshire. The master plan is to convert the park from outdoor to indoor to allow the theme park to operate year round without worry for weather.
- BBC News
Okay.

@TheFaultsofAlts

To be fair, IOTL, George and Jimmy never really reached North America unless you could afford trips to Amsterdam and pick up one of their comic books from Lambiek if you were curious about their local comic scene.

This just in....
Former snowboarding phenom Noelle Fairbanks, 33, broke and owing almost $1 million USD gambling debt, is now virtually homeless and was recently seen panhandling along the busy streets of her native Billings, Montana.

Meanwhile, Fairbanks' ex-husband Trey Disney is now dating pro wrestling heiress Stephanie McMahon.

SBC Sunrise; February 8, 2010