As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Lest I forget...

Sadly, Lorenzo Music still passed away in 2001 ITTL. So a new voice will be necessary for Garfield himself.

Bill Murray is still an option, but there's also John Goodman, John Barnard, Frank Welker, Dana Snyder, Mark Hamill, Patrick Warburton and Maurice LaMarche.
R.I.P. Lorenzo Music

Frank Welker did fine as Garfield IOTL, so maybe he could still voice him for stuff ITTL

Having Dana Snyder voice Garfield sounds like a strange choice, just imagine hearing Garfield talk in Master Shake's voice

IOTL, I went and saw the Little Mermaid remake and actually liked it. Although, one change I would've made was to have had Sacha Baron Cohen be Louis the Chef.

Anyways, ITTL, The Little Mermaid made its pay-TV debut on HBO on the evening of June 1, 1990.

Here's how that broadcast started:

If we can get Dana to be Binky, we'll still need a voice for Jon, Nermal and for Dr. Liz.
Jon: Is Rob Paulsen available? I mean, there are already four different ways you can interpret "Urusei Yatsura meets Garfield". At this point, I'd own up to such an influence in this timeline.
Nermal: Debi Derryberry (Sidenote, the voice they picked for Nermal in The Garfield Show? If Garfield doesn't mail that kitten to Abu Dhabi, I'd do it for him with that tone he has in that cartoon.)
Dr. Liz: Nicole Sullivan (Ever heard Liz in the Quickies, or in Garfield and Friends, period? Nicole is a near-flawless match.)

Entertainment News for Early July 2009
@TheFaultsofAlts
Yes, Rob is still available for Jon.

Entertainment News for Early July 2009

Disney confirms they will set aside one Hall H panel at San Diego Comic Con to celebrate Fred Dekker's 25th anniversary with both Marvel and 20th Century-Fox.
- G4 Attack of the Show

Cops
renewed by Warner Freeform through 2012-13, which will be the 25th season of the popular reality series. TimeWarner said in a statement that a bid by the Miramax Network (formerly AEG TV) to acquire the series added urgency for TimeWarner to renew the show. Recently, Cops has been mired in five consecutive years of sagging ratings and more and more critics accusing the show of reinforcing negative racial stereotypes.
- TV Guide

John Goodman and Frank Welker are the frontrunners to succeed the late Lorenzo Music as the voice of Garfield.
- The Indianapolis Star

For a price tag of $36 million USD, Paramount Pictures is acquiring the worldwide distribution rights to Totally Spies: The Movie. Originally slated by Lionsgate for a straight-to-video release, Paramount will gamble, giving the film a theatrical run in the Spring or early Summer of 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter

RUMOR: TriStar will unveil a new logo at the beginning of Super Smash Bros.
- Closing Logo Group message boards.

The Sports Page

The ticket window at the ARCO Arena is now open for the Sharks' preseason game against the Mighty Ducks. Tickets can also be purchased through TicketMaster or at select Dimples Records locations.
- The Sacramento Bee

@TheFaultsofAlts
Yes, Rob is still available for Jon.
Good.
Disney confirms they will set aside one Hall H panel at San Diego Comic Con to celebrate Fred Dekker's 25th anniversary with both Marvel and 20th Century-Fox.
- G4 Attack of the Show
That sounds great.
Cops renewed by Warner Freeform through 2012-13, which will be the 25th season of the popular reality series. TimeWarner said in a statement that a bid by the Miramax Network (formerly AEG TV) to acquire the series added urgency for TimeWarner to renew the show. Recently, Cops has been mired in five consecutive years of sagging ratings and more and more critics accusing the show of reinforcing negative racial stereotypes.
- TV Guide
I'll take a Warner Freeform renewal four times over if it means Miramax has one less black stain on what can now be considered black paper.
John Goodman and Frank Welker are the frontrunners to succeed the late Lorenzo Music as the voice of Garfield.
- The Indianapolis Star
Just pick one.
For a price tag of $36 million USD, Paramount Pictures is acquiring the worldwide distribution rights to Totally Spies: The Movie. Originally slated by Lionsgate for a straight-to-video release, Paramount will gamble, giving the film a theatrical run in the Spring or early Summer of 2010.
- The Hollywood Reporter
This should be interesting.
What I wouldn't give to see that!
The Sports Page
The ticket window at the ARCO Arena is now open for the Sharks' preseason game against the Mighty Ducks. Tickets can also be purchased through TicketMaster or at select Dimples Records locations.
- The Sacramento Bee
Ah, Dimples Records. How I recall thee.

Cool developments with the Bozo revival.

And I see that Festival is transitioning to basic cable.....

Meet me in the PM for ideas.
- G4 Attack of the Show
Cool.
Cops renewed by Warner Freeform through 2012-13, which will be the 25th season of the popular reality series. TimeWarner said in a statement that a bid by the Miramax Network (formerly AEG TV) to acquire the series added urgency for TimeWarner to renew the show. Recently, Cops has been mired in five consecutive years of sagging ratings and more and more critics accusing the show of reinforcing negative racial stereotypes.
- TV Guide
Maybe if that was the case, then maybe the show should have been canceled.
- The Indianapolis Star
Ok.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Cool!

Super Smash Bros. (2009 Movie)
OIP.t6ew885eJsD-HV8cF3Nx4wHaDj

Super Smash Bros.
Released by TriStar Pictures on July 1, 2009

Produced by
Columbia-TriStar Animation
Nelvana (Toronto and Los Angeles offices)
Hasbro Studios
Nintendo of America

Main Voices
Bob Hoskins as Mario
John Leguizamo as Luigi
Haley Joel Osment as Link
Michael Chiklis as Donkey Kong
Robert Downey, Jr. as Fox McCloud
Milla Jovovich as Samus Aran
Eric Bauza as Yoshi and Ness
Tara Strong as Kirby and Jigglypuff
Dwayne Johnson as Captain Falcon

Notes
Super Smash Bros. was the last project Blanche Boudreaux worked on for Columbia-TriStar. She left during post-production to undergo rehab for alcohol abuse and accept a new position at Legendary Animation.

Logo Trivia
Super Smash Bros. was the first TriStar Picture to begin with a new logo.
(Note: Instead of the OTL Sony byline, we see "A CBS Discovery Company")

Super Smash Bros.

Produced by
Hasbro Studios
Nintendo of America

Main Voices
Bob Hoskins as Mario
John Leguizamo as Luigi

Notes
Super Smash Bros. was the last project Blanche Boudreaux worked on for Columbia-TriStar. She left during post-production to undergo rehab for alcohol abuse and accept a new position at Legendary Animation.

Logo Trivia
This sounds nice, but I've noticed that not all of the Original 12 is here, where's Pikachu?

Super Smash Bros.

Produced by
Hasbro Studios
Nintendo of America

Main Voices
Bob Hoskins as Mario
John Leguizamo as Luigi

Notes

Logo Trivia
Awesome!

Is this movie a hit?
Which PM thread?
The As Dreamers Do PM.
Not only does the voice cast work, but the new logo adds a bit of zest to the project.
Right.
This sounds nice, but I've noticed that not all of the Original 12 is here, where's Pikachu?
That's what I was asking myself.
But it just said, if Warner Freeform lost the show, AEG/Miramax would have picked it up
Then make a pact where NOBODY else can pick it up.