As Dreamers Do Part Deux

The Sports Page
With just eleven shopping days until Christmas, the Screen Actors Guild Wrestlers' Association (SAGWA) has voted unanimously to go on strike. At issue is the demand for a reduced number of untelevised house shows and an offseason across all major wrestling promotions.
- ESPN
Wait, a Wrestling Union?? Me thinks Ventura may like this timeline. Also hopefully they can work something out.

Entertainment News for Early January 2008

Bally reaches an agreement with WGN and Tribune Media to bring Bozo the Clown back to television after a nine year hiatus in 2010.
- The Chicago Tribune
Nice!
The Sports Page
The Henson and Disney platforms agree to a 50/50 split for the television coverage of the Goodwill Games starting in 2009 and running through 2015. For Henson, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2 and XYZ will cover some events while others will be carried by Fox, FX and VH1.
- ESPN
Not bad at all.
FX outbids ESPN for Wednesday and Friday night rights to the NBA while ABC and UPN reach an agreement to share the weekend afternoon rights.
- ESPN
Cool
TBS-Paramount outbids Peacock, Henson and Disney for the 2014 and '18 World Cups. Coverage will span across UPN, TNT, TBS and MTV. The 2014 World Cup will be TNT's first since the 1990 World Cup which was held in Italy.
- TSN
Yes!
FIFA president Sepp Blatter announces that the '14 and '18 World Cups will be held in Brazil and the United Kingdom respectively.
- ESPN
Perfect, just what I voted for.
TBS-Paramount gains the rights to the Winter Olympics in 2014 and '18 while Peacock retains the Summer Games through 2020.
- TSN
Cool.
@WB18 @TheMatthew25 @stratonapba
NFL Playoff Seeding for 2007-08

SeedAFCNFC
1Indianapolis Colts (AFC North Champs)Los Angeles Rams (NFC West Champs)
2Las Vegas Raiders (AFC West Champs)Green Bay Packers (NFC North Champs)
3Carolina Panthers (AFC South Champs)Dallas Cowboys (NFC East Champs)
4Baltimore Marauders (AFC East Champs)New Orleans Saints (NFC South Champs)
5San Diego Chargers (Wild Card)Arizona Cardinals (Wild Card)
6Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild Card)Seattle Seahawks (Wild Card)
Hmm, a lot of compelling storylines here. As long as it isn't the Rams, Raiders, Cowboys or Seahawks winning it all, I'll be happy. That being said, I hope it's Colts vs Packers because a Manning vs Farve Super Bowl sounds epic.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter announces that the '14 and '18 World Cups will be held in Brazil and the United Kingdom respectively.
- ESPN
Well then, would it be that just England host 2018 as what they were supposed to do in their original bid? More chance for the other Home Nations to qualify for sure.

Joyce Chung (Wife of Tiffany Disney)
"I grew up in the Bay Area. When I was seven years old, my reward for keeping my room clean for the whole month of April 1990 was I got to go see the first TMNT movie at the Grand Lake Theatre in Oakland. On our way home, a drunk driver running a red light crashed into my parents' car. Next thing I knew, I woke up at Kaiser Permanente and the doctors gave me the horrible news that I sustained spinal injuries that left me with incontinence. I soon learned that my parents did not survive the wreck. I wore my seat belt and they didn't. Startng in August of that year after finishing physical therapy, I spent the rest of my childhood with my grandparents. I met Tiffany at an incontinence support group while we were both attending San Diego State University."
- Interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune.
Butch Hartman's response to: A doodle of Joyce (wearing a conical hat and sporting buck teeth) having an accident at her wedding while saying "Me so solly to honolaber Disney famiry!" (My most sincere apologies for using racist language, but this IS Butch Hartman I'm talking about here. Dude made fun of Tiffany's incontinence, so why wouldn't he go for the ol' yellowface?)

Butch Hartman's response to: A doodle of Joyce (wearing a conical hat and sporting buck teeth) having an accident at her wedding while saying "Me so solly to honolaber Disney famiry!" (My most sincere apologies for using racist language, but this IS Butch Hartman I'm talking about here. Dude made fun of Tiffany's incontinence, so why wouldn't he go for the ol' yellowface?)
Eh too far honestly...

Entertainment News for Early January 2008 Part 2

Jeffrey Bewkes' future at Bally will be determined by a shareholder vote on the Wednesday after MLK Day.
- CNBC

Herb Scannell, Bob Iger, Byron Allen among potential candidates to succeed Bewkes at Bally.
- Reuters

Limited Run will retain Portland headquarters while setting up production facilities for exclusive content at the former Turner backlot in Atlanta.
- The Oregonian

Joyce Chung (Wife of Tiffany Disney)
"I grew up in the Bay Area. When I was seven years old, my reward for keeping my room clean for the whole month of April 1990 was I got to go see the first TMNT movie at the Grand Lake Theatre in Oakland. On our way home, a drunk driver running a red light crashed into my parents' car. Next thing I knew, I woke up at Kaiser Permanente and the doctors gave me the horrible news that I sustained spinal injuries that left me with incontinence. I soon learned that my parents did not survive the wreck. I wore my seat belt and they didn't. Startng in August of that year after finishing physical therapy, I spent the rest of my childhood with my grandparents. I met Tiffany at an incontinence support group while we were both attending San Diego State University."
- Interview with the San Diego Union-Tribune.
I think that Limited Run pictures will need a name for thier new therical oringal content divison based on the old turner atlanata lot. I hope you go with something oringla insteed of resuing the name of a studio that got butterflied
Here are my suggesitons

1 Zenith Media
2 Stellar Entertainment
3 Monument Pictues
4 New New Era Studios
5 Concorde Flims

Eh too far honestly...

I know. Sorry.

Butch is in general population at Smith State Prison where he serves in the custody of the Georgia Department of Corrections. He is still allowed drawing paper in his cell but drawing tools have to be replaced everyday so that he can't turn a pencil or pen into a shank.

Well then, would it be that just England host 2018 as what they were supposed to do in their original bid? More chance for the other Home Nations to qualify for sure.

The UK's bid for 2018 ITTL is a joint bid by England, Scotland and Wales. Here are the possible venues:
Manchester: Old Trafford
London: New Wembley, Emirates Stadium, Stamford Bridge or 2012 Olympic Stadium
Glasgow: Ibrox or Hampden Park
Edinburgh: Murrayfield
Liverpool: Anfield
Cardiff: Cardiff City Stadium
Southampton: St. Mary's Stadium

I think there may be a few others that may be necessary to fill the knockout stage. Should London host the final or somewhere else?

Rough Disney Outlook through 2012

American Dog/Bolt (Classic Animation)
Team Atlantis (Classic Animation)
Nim's Island (Live action; Dual-branded?)
The X-Files: I Want to Believe (Live action; Fox)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (Fox; Remake)

The Princess and the Frog (Classic Animation)
Turtles Forever (Walt Disney Television Animation)
Untitled Carmen Sandiego/National Treasure crossover film (Live action; Bruckheimer/Legendary)
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Live action)
Taken (Fox)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Blue Sky)

Gigantic (Classic Animation)

Rumpelstiltskin (Classic Animation)
X-Men: First Class (Fox/Marvel)

21 Jump Street (Fox)

TBD
Into the Spider-Verse (Blue Sky/Marvel)
Wreck It Ralph (Blue Sky)
Eldest (Live action; part of the Eragon franchise)
Hitman (Live action; Atari game franchise)
Pixels (Live action; Possible co-production with TriStar and Luxor)
X-Men Origins: Gambit (Live action; Fox/Marvel)
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (Live action; Bruckheimer/Legendary)

Titles that I'm not sure if I want them to be made at Disney or elsewhere ITTL
Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Fox IOTL)
Babylon AD (Fox IOTL)
Jumper (Fox IOTL)
Tooth Fairy (Fox IOTL)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Fox IOTL)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua (Disney IOTL)
Rio (Blue Sky IOTL)

Babylon AD (Fox IOTL)
Jumper (Fox IOTL)
Tooth Fairy (Fox IOTL)
Rio (Blue Sky IOTL)
Give Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Diary of a Wimpy Kid to Peacock
Give Babylon AD and Jumper to Warner Bros.
Give Tooth Fairy to TriStar
Give Beverly Hills Chihuahua to Touchstone
Keep Rio at Blue Sky

Rough Disney Outlook through 2012

American Dog/Bolt (Classic Animation)
Team Atlantis (Classic Animation)
Nim's Island (Live action; Dual-branded?)
The X-Files: I Want to Believe (Live action; Fox)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (Fox; Remake)
Good outlook for 2008, but I'd go with a dual-branding for Nim's Island.
The Princess and the Frog (Classic Animation)
Turtles Forever (Walt Disney Television Animation)
Untitled Carmen Sandiego/National Treasure crossover film (Live action; Bruckheimer/Legendary)
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (Live action)
Taken (Fox)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Blue Sky)
I think this year's better than 2008. Maybe we can call the crossover film "National Treasure: The Sandiego Heist"?
Gigantic (Classic Animation)
Not bad.
Rumpelstiltskin (Classic Animation)
X-Men: First Class (Fox/Marvel)
I will lament the loss of the 2011 Pooh movie, but checking another classic story off the box makes up for it.
21 Jump Street (Fox)
Could it be more accurate to the series this time?
TBD
Into the Spider-Verse (Blue Sky/Marvel)
Wreck It Ralph (Blue Sky)
Eldest (Live action; part of the Eragon franchise)
Hitman (Live action; Atari game franchise)
Pixels (Live action; Possible co-production with TriStar and Luxor)
X-Men Origins: Gambit (Live action; Fox/Marvel)
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (Live action; Bruckheimer/Legendary)
I'd give Eldest, Hitman, and Gambit to 2010, Into the Spider-Verse and Pirates 4 can be in 2011, Wreck-It Ralph in 2012, and Pixels in 2013.

Speaking of, I'm surprised that Hitman is an Atari franchise among the likes of Halo, Carmen Sandiego, and Digimon. But at the same time, TriStar should co-produce Pixels with Disney, due to their ties to Nintendo.
Titles that I'm not sure if I want them to be made at Disney or elsewhere ITTL
Babylon AD (Fox IOTL)
Jumper (Fox IOTL)
Tooth Fairy (Fox IOTL)
Rio (Blue Sky IOTL)
Percy Jackson depends on who publishes the books, because that honor went to Disney IOTL. If their publishing wing still has Rick Riordian on standby, keep it at Fox.
Babylon and Jumper can go to other studios.
Tooth Fairy and Beverly Hills Chihuahua could be dual-branded with Disney and Fox labels.
If we can make Diary of a Wimpy Kid an animated movie with the writing and pacing of the live-action film intact, that would be great. As for where it would go, I'd keep it at Fox.
I'd also keep Rio at Blue Sky, because we can't let them coast on Ice Age and Spider-Man.

Also, if possible, can we make Dork Diaries: The Movie happen at Disney ITTL?
So what? I was a fan of the books, and if Dear Dumb Diary and the Middle School series got movies, why should this franchise be left in the dust?

Also, if possible, can we make Dork Diaries: The Movie happen at Disney ITTL?
So what? I was a fan of the books, and if Dear Dumb Diary and the Middle School series got movies, why should this franchise be left in the dust?
I used to be a fan of the books too. One thing I seemed to notice is that it's structured like something an actual pre-teen girl would write in her diary, something the other books don't seem to have (well, at least it seems like it. I dunno, I've never been a pre-teen girl or looked in someone's diary.)

Also, loved the Middle School books as a kid. The movie was pretty good too. I still HAVE a lot of the Middle School books.

I used to be a fan of the books too. One thing I seemed to notice is that it's structured like something an actual pre-teen girl would write in her diary, something the other books don't seem to have (well, at least it seems like it. I dunno, I've never been a pre-teen girl or looked in someone's diary.)

Also, loved the Middle School books as a kid. The movie was pretty good too. I still HAVE a lot of the Middle School books.
I actually didn't mind the new format, but I tapped out after Book 14. But for me, the Wimpy Kid books got too zany to be classified as realistic fiction once they hit Book 9, but they first jumped the shark when they started a book with an unborn Greg Heffley. BLEUGH!

I actually got the first Middle School book for Christmas one year.

The UK's bid for 2018 ITTL is a joint bid by England, Scotland and Wales. Here are the possible venues:
Manchester: Old Trafford
London: New Wembley, Emirates Stadium, Stamford Bridge or 2012 Olympic Stadium
Glasgow: Ibrox or Hampden Park
Edinburgh: Murrayfield
Liverpool: Anfield
Cardiff: Cardiff City Stadium
Southampton: St. Mary's Stadium

I think there may be a few others that may be necessary to fill the knockout stage. Should London host the final or somewhere else?
Manchester - Old Trafford (group games, a round of 16 match, a semifinal and the third place game)
London - New Wembly (group games, a round of 16 match, a semifinal and the final) and 2012 Olympic Stadium (group games and a round of 16 match)
Liverpool - Antfield (group games, a round of 16 match and a quarterfinal match)
Southampton - St, Mary’s Stadium (group games)
Birmingham - Villa Park (group games, a round of 16 match and a quarterfinal match)
Leeds - Elland Road (group games)
Newcastle - St James’ Park (group games)
Cardiff - Cardiff City Stadium (is it the same thing as Millennium Stadium IOTL or something different) (group games and a round of 16 match)
Glasgow - Hampden Park (group games, a round of 16 match and a quarterfinal match)
Edinburgh - Murrayfield (group games, a round of 16 match and a quarterfinal match)

Does this incudes Northern Ireland as well? If Northern Ireland is included, the last stadium would be probably an expanded Caseman Park in Belfast, if not then it would be Hillsborough in Sheffield, that final stadium choice would be used for group games

Entertainment News for Mid to Late January 2008

The Sports Page
NFL Wild Card Results
AFC

Chargers over Marauders
Steelers over Panthers

NFC
Cardinals over Saints
Seahawks over Cowboys

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Colts over Steelers
Raiders over Chargers

NFC
Cardinals over Rams
Packers over Seahawks

Conference Championships
January 20, 2008
AFC Championship

Las Vegas Raiders at Indianapolis Colts
Venue: RCA Dome
Kickoff: 3:30 EST
TV: SBC
Announcers: Mike "Doc" Emrick and Boomer Esiason

This game turned out to be the last Colts home game at the RCA Dome. Lucas Oil Stadium will become the Colts' new venue next season. The Raiders led 20-10 at the half, but midway into the third quarter, a pass interference penalty against Las Vegas DB Nnamdi Asomugah set up the Colts' comeback...

Emrick: "[Peyton] Manning fakes the hand off to [Joseph] Addai...Finds [Reggie] Wayne wide open...SCORE!!!! The extra point by Adam Vinatieri should slash the deficit by a field goal...and it's good."

In the fourth, a field goal tied the game at 20. But with five minutes left, Tom Brady needed to march the Raiders down the field to retake the lead. But on a second and ten from the Raider 45...

Emrick: "Brady in trouble, pursued by [Dwight] Freeney....FUMBLE...there's huge dogpile on the field...AND THE COLTS HAVE RECOVERED!!!!"

That fumble gave Peyton Manning a shorter field for one last miracle...

Emrick: "Manning all alone...finds the rookie [Anthony] Gonzalez...SCORE!!!!!!"

That touchdown punched the Colts' ticket to the 2008 Super Bowl by the score of 27-20. As a final farewell to the RCA Dome, the Colts invited the standing room only crowd to stay a few more hours to watch the NFC Championship.

NFC Championship
Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers
Venue: Lambeau Field
Kickoff: 6 PM EST
TV: CBS
Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

On a snowy Sunday night, the Packers were heavily favored to win, with homefield advantage at a truly Frozen Tundra.

This year's NFC Championship was a back and forth shootout with Brett Favre and Kurt Warner combining for 500 passing yards. The game was tied at 21 late in the fourth quarter when Favre took the snap on third down.

Nantz: Favre out of the shotgun...looking for Driver...PICKED OFF BY PAT TILLMAN!!!! THE FROZEN TUNDRA HAS THAWED!!!!!
Simms: I don't believe it, Jim.

Yes, Pat Tillman is still alive. The death of Bin Laden early in Harvey Weinstein's presidency saves Tillman's life ITTL.

That interception and ensuing touchdown from Warner to Larry Fitzgerald won the game for Arizona 28-21. The Cardinals would now become the second team in four years to play in a Super Bowl in front of their home crowd.

The Sports Page
NFL Wild Card Results
AFC

Chargers over Marauders
Steelers over Panthers

NFC
Cardinals over Saints
Seahawks over Cowboys

Divisional Playoffs
AFC

Colts over Steelers
Raiders over Chargers

NFC
Cardinals over Rams
Packers over Seahawks

Conference Championships
January 20, 2008
AFC Championship

Las Vegas Raiders at Indianapolis Colts
Venue: RCA Dome
Kickoff: 3:30 EST
TV: SBC
Announcers: Mike "Doc" Emrick and Boomer Esiason

This game turned out to be the last Colts home game at the RCA Dome. Lucas Oil Stadium will become the Colts' new venue next season. The Raiders led 20-10 at the half, but midway into the third quarter, a pass interference penalty against Las Vegas DB Nnamdi Asomugah set up the Colts' comeback...

Emrick: "[Peyton] Manning fakes the hand off to [Joseph] Addai...Finds [Reggie] Wayne wide open...SCORE!!!! The extra point by Adam Vinatieri should slash the deficit by a field goal...and it's good."

In the fourth, a field goal tied the game at 20. But with five minutes left, Tom Brady needed to march the Raiders down the field to retake the lead. But on a second and ten from the Raider 45...

Emrick: "Brady in trouble, pursued by [Dwight] Freeney....FUMBLE...there's huge dogpile on the field...AND THE COLTS HAVE RECOVERED!!!!"

That fumble gave Peyton Manning a shorter field for one last miracle...

Emrick: "Manning all alone...finds the rookie [Anthony] Gonzalez...SCORE!!!!!!"

That touchdown punched the Colts' ticket to the 2008 Super Bowl by the score of 27-20. As a final farewell to the RCA Dome, the Colts invited the standing room only crowd to stay a few more hours to watch the NFC Championship.

NFC Championship
Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers
Venue: Lambeau Field
Kickoff: 6 PM EST
TV: CBS
Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms

On a snowy Sunday night, the Packers were heavily favored to win, with homefield advantage at a truly Frozen Tundra.

This year's NFC Championship was a back and forth shootout with Brett Favre and Kurt Warner combining for 500 passing yards. The game was tied at 21 late in the fourth quarter when Favre took the snap on third down.

Nantz: Favre out of the shotgun...looking for Driver...PICKED OFF BY PAT TILLMAN!!!! THE FROZEN TUNDRA HAS THAWED!!!!!
Simms: I don't believe it, Jim.

Yes, Pat Tillman is still alive. The death of Bin Laden early in Harvey Weinstein's presidency saves Tillman's life ITTL.

That interception and ensuing touchdown from Warner to Larry Fitzgerald won the game for Arizona 28-21. The Cardinals would now become the second team in four years to play in a Super Bowl in front of their home crowd.
Welp, this game is gonna be a win-win for me either way. On one hand, I really want to see the Cardinals win so AZ can trademark State of Champions ITTL. On the other hand, I really want Peyton Manning to get a ring ITTL (maybe even more so than the Cardinals since AZ has more championships ITTL than I could ever dream of IOTL. Not saying that's a bad thing). Should be a great, great game! (Thanks for keeping Pat Tillman alive IOTL, as well. Rest in Paradise.)