As Dreamers Do Part Deux

With both possibly working together in Russia.
I like the idea of spum being putain favortie animatoiro for a few years but later the spotlight falls on hartman. Spum gets jeoulus and trys to farme hartman for a act that get putain mad. However the Spum wind get getting them both in trouble

I like the idea of spum being putain favortie animatoiro for a few years but later the spotlight falls on hartman. Spum gets jeoulus and trys to farme hartman for a act that get putain mad. However the Spum wind get getting them both in trouble
Right, but Putin is not known for shedding tears. Even if any accusations are leveled against Spum or Hartman.

What’s gonna happen in January of 08?
Christmas Day movies for 2007 will come first but I haven't figured out the slate yet.

But in January of 2008, you have the very first NHL Winter Classic plus the NFL playoffs. Also, the winner of the Goodwill Games TV rights through 2015 will be announced as soon as one potential rightsholder gets at least 50% of the vote so that poll will stay open until then.

Early December 2007 Movies
Early December 2007 Movies

I%2BAm%2BLegend%2B1.jpg

I Am Legend

Released by Carolco through Warner Bros.
Produced in association with Village Roadshow Pictures and Overbrook Entertainment

wp8056332.jpg

Juno
Released by Hyperion Pictures

R.926e998cb8e9694c9f6fd9546ec51dc5

Mister Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Released by Nickelodeon Movies through Touchstone Pictures

The Golden Compass
Released by Miramax Films
The very first Miramax release under the ownership of The Romney/Weinstein Company

R.d56552c872b5ac83f08b20b2016da1bf

No Country For Old Men
Released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

R.8e314bf8aed4a3eb5878d82c9aec6419

The Game Plan
Distributed by Buena Vista Pictures Distribution as a Walt Disney Pictures/20th Century-Fox dual-branded film.

Notes on The Game Plan
Principal photography took place prior to Dwayne Johnson's purchase of the WLAF franchise that became the Jacksonville Tomcats.
Fox Sports personalities like Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long made cameos in the film.
Matt Vasgersian, then the voice of Fox's Sunday Night Football during production, filmed his scenes before joining NBC in December 2006.​

Alvin and the Chipmunks (2007 Film)
257526_full.jpg

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Released by Paramount Pictures on December 14, 2007

Production companies
Bagdasarian Productions
Rhythm and Hues Studios

Notes
Alvin and the Chipmunks was the first project since the Bagdasarian family sold the franchise to Microsoft in 2005. Historically ITTL, Paramount had been very thin on family properties outside of acquisitions.

@ExowareMasses
Logo trivia:
Alvin and the Chipmunks starts with the early-2000's Paramount logo, introduced IOTL for the studio's 90th anniversary. Except this title is the first to carry the byline "A TBS+Paramount Company" temporarily in the same Helvetica font as the old Gulf+Western byline from the Seventies and Eighties. A permanent byline, which will feature the actual TBS and Paramount fonts, will be unveiled later in 2008.​

257526_full.jpg

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Released by Paramount Pictures on December 14, 2007

Production companies
Bagdasarian Productions
Rhythm and Hues Studios​
Is this movie better than the OTL version? Or is it still reviled by fans?
Notes
Alvin and the Chipmunks was the first project since the Bagdasarian family sold the franchise to Microsoft in 2005. Historically ITTL, Paramount had been very thin on family properties outside of acquisitions.​
Look at it this way. At least reruns of the 60s and 80s cartoons won't cost CN or Boomerang a penny now.
@ExowareMasses
Logo trivia:
Alvin and the Chipmunks starts with the early-2000's Paramount logo, introduced IOTL for the studio's 90th anniversary. Except this title is the first to carry the byline "A TBS+Paramount Company" temporarily in the same Helvetica font as the old Gulf+Western byline from the Seventies and Eighties. A permanent byline, which will feature the actual TBS and Paramount fonts, will be unveiled later in 2008.​
Nice.

Is it as SUCCESSFUL as IOTL? Cause if I recall the movie IOTL made a pretty penny, enough to make three sequels.
Actually ITTL, Alvin did better at the box office than I am Legend. According to one AMC Theatres employee, they found that most bachelors and basement dwellers that they surveyed would rather sit through talking chipmunks than a bleak pandemic/vampire/zombie snoozefest.

Last edited:
Also, in case anyone is wondering, Marvel and DC both gave WB permission to have a Superman/Captain America billboard in the ruins of Times Square for a few seconds in TTL's version of I Am Legend.

Actually ITTL, Alvin did better at the box office than I am Legend. According to one AMC Theatres employee, they found that most bachelors and basement dwellers that they surveyed would rather sit through talking chipmunks than a bleak pandemic/vampire/zombie snoozefest.
I can do without this movie doing well with basement dwellers, but if bachelors would rather see Alvin than Legend, then I'd approve of the sequels here.

I take it you don’t like I Am Legend very much

I take it you don’t like I Am Legend very much

IOTL, I was 19. When I went to a weeknight moive with a relative, I had a choice between that and Alvin. I chose I Am Legend and I wound up regretting it later because of how much my younger cousins liked Alvin when it came out on DVD.

Entertainment News for Early December 2007
Entertainment News for Early December 2007

With a couple months' rest, Nicolas Cage will be back on the soundstage. Principal photography will begin in March on a crossover project in which Cage's National Treasure character Ben Gates will face off against Salma Hayek as Carmen Sandiego. The crossover film is expected to reach cinemas in Christmas of 2009.
- BBC News

Rumor: Is a Squeaquel in the works? Paramount is already putting one into production according to a good source.
- Variety

Whatever happened to Hoku? Last we heard, she sang an acoustic version of "Perfect Day" at the 2001 star-studded wedding of Legally Blonde star Reese Witherspoon and X-Men star Gus St. Pierre. A year later, she toured the state of Texas with Del St. Pierre and Luz Ramirez. Hoku said that her experience traveling together with Del and Luz inspired the lyrics to the 2002 single "Carne Asada Gumbo." The eponymous recipe has now reached a new cookbook being released by Paul Prudhomme. Hoku meanwhile has returned to Honolulu where she has formed her own label on which she plans to release a new EP next year.
- MTV News

Carolco scraps plans for an I Am Legend sequel due to the film losing the head-to-head box office battle with Paramount's Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Jeffrey Bewkes's future with Bally could be on the line when Bally's shareholders meet in Chicago next month.
- CNBC

The Sports Page
With just eleven shopping days until Christmas, the Screen Actors Guild Wrestlers' Association (SAGWA) has voted unanimously to go on strike. At issue is the demand for a reduced number of untelevised house shows and an offseason across all major wrestling promotions.
- ESPN

CBS agrees to a new extension to its current deal with the NCAA to cover March Madness.
- ESPN

The above poll, in which CBS won the majority of the March Madness vote, has been expanded to include the FIFA World Cup.
https://forms.gle/EkeiurHXfAasw3UK6

With a couple months' rest, Nicolas Cage will be back on the soundstage. Principal photography will begin in March on a crossover project in which Cage's National Treasure character Ben Gates will face off against Salma Hayek as Carmen Sandiego. The crossover film is expected to reach cinemas in Christmas of 2009.
- BBC News

Rumor: Is a Squeaquel in the works? Paramount is already putting one into production according to a good source.
- Variety

Whatever happened to Hoku? Last we heard, she sang an acoustic version of "Perfect Day" at the 2001 star-studded wedding of Legally Blonde star Reese Witherspoon and X-Men star Gus St. Pierre. A year later, she toured the state of Texas with Del St. Pierre and Luz Ramirez. Hoku said that her experience traveling together with Del and Luz inspired the lyrics to the 2002 single "Carne Asada Gumbo." The eponymous recipe has now reached a new cookbook being released by Paul Prudhomme. Hoku meanwhile has returned to Honolulu where she has formed her own label on which she plans to release a new EP next year.
- MTV News

Carolco scraps plans for an I Am Legend sequel due to the film losing the head-to-head box office battle with Paramount's Alvin and the Chipmunks.
- The Hollywood Reporter

Jeffrey Bewkes's future with Bally could be on the line when Bally's shareholders meet in Chicago next month.
- CNBC

The Sports Page
With just eleven shopping days until Christmas, the Screen Actors Guild Wrestlers' Association (SAGWA) has voted unanimously to go on strike. At issue is the demand for a reduced number of untelevised house shows and an offseason across all major wrestling promotions.
- ESPN
1: Yes!
2: I won't really blame them.
3: Whatever happens, I hope Hoku's okay.
4: Yeesh.
5: Look at it this way. It's only a few weeks away.
6: Thank God!

3: Whatever happens, I hope Hoku's okay.
Hoku is actually doing well out of the spotlight as of December 2007 ITTL.

Meanwhile...

"When we launched MyTV with TimeWarner in 2002, right from the get-go we couldn't agree on what direction to take the network. For the first six or seven years after Disney started the Fox network in 1986, that network was the Wild West. Affiliates in some markets were glorified public access channels...most still ran the same off-network reruns...a lot of kiddie shows with repackaged cartoons made comebacks in some areas...In other places a Fox station would often be a defacto carrier for the nearby NHL, MLB, NBA or college teams. TimeWarner didn't want that. They wanted a full slate of shows right away. That's why we imported all those telenovelas and tried to revive a few obscure Merv Griffin game shows that WB acquired a decade earlier."
- Jeffrey Bewkes on MyTV's quick demise.