As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Kind of ironic that Microsoft is pushing for HD-DVD ITTL, considering that ITTL subsidiary Sega's latest console only supports Blu-Rays! Hopefully a HD DVD Player accessory will be made for the Aurora, like how Microsoft made a HD DVD Player accessory for the Xbox 360 IOTL.
Actually, the Aurora plays both Bluray and DVD.

Entertainment News for Mid-January 2007

Charlotte-based Consolidated Theatres announces they have been sold to Minneapolis-based Mann Theatres, the nation's fourth largest cinema chain behind AMC, Regal and United Artists. The deal is expected to close later this year. (@WB18 Harkins has now grown to #5 in the nation)
- The Charlotte Observer

Berkshire Hathaway agrees in principle to acquire struggling electronics store chain Circuit City in hopes of reverse its sagging fortunes.
- The Wall Street Journal

Avril St. Pierre rings the closing bell on behalf of Limited Run at the New York Stock Exchange. The Portland, OR-based media company, specializing in VHS reissues of major Hollywood films for a collector's market, is now listed on the NYSE as LTDR.
- CNBC

By comparion, here are the symbols for the major conglomerates on the NYSE
Saban Metromedia (SBC)
CBS Discovery (CBS)
Disney Enterprises, Inc. (DIS)
TimeWarner (TW)
Peacock (NBC)
Turner Broadcasting System (TBS)
Microsoft (MSFT)
Lionsgate (LGF)
The Jim Henson Company (KRMT)
Bally's Inc. (BALY)

The Sports Page
Defending Super Bowl champion Raiders lose at home to AFC West rival Chargers in the AFC Championship.
- ESPN

A controversial non-call in the final two minutes propels the Saints past the Rams in the NFC Championship.
- ESPN

Skip Bayless: "Fans were robbed of a Peyton vs. Eli Super Bowl. I'm just as pissed as you are."
- ESPN

Charlotte-based Consolidated Theatres announces they have been sold to Minneapolis-based Mann Theatres, the nation's fourth largest cinema chain behind AMC, Regal and United Artists. The deal is expected to close later this year. (@WB18 Harkins has now grown to #5 in the nation)
- The Charlotte Observer

Berkshire Hathaway agrees in principle to acquire struggling electronics store chain Circuit City in hopes of reverse its sagging fortunes.

Avril St. Pierre rings the closing bell on behalf of Limited Run at the New York Stock Exchange. The Portland, OR-based media company, specializing in VHS reissues of major Hollywood films for a collector's market, is now listed on the NYSE as LTDR.
- CNBC

Saban Metromedia (SBC)
CBS Discovery (CBS)
TimeWarner (TW)
Peacock (NBC)
Microsoft (MSFT)
Lionsgate (LGF)
Bally's Inc. (BALY)
1: Okay, then.
2: Haven't seen Berkshire Hathaway in a while, and considering the last time they've been in the timeline, that's a good thing.
3: That's gotta be a record between founding and stock market.
4: Good stock symbols.

1: Okay, then.
2: Haven't seen Berkshire Hathaway in a while, and considering the last time they've been in the timeline, that's a good thing.
3: That's gotta be a record between founding and stock market.
4: Good stock symbols.
BH has been quiet lately because they're still feeling the sting of their acquisition of Filmation blowing up in their face.

This Just In....
Bob Ley: "World League commissioner Oliver Luck announces that he has handed a lifetime ban to disgraced Portland Breakers' former owner Merritt Paulson. Apart from accusations of sexually coercing the team's cheerleaders, Paulson has also been accused of embezzling millions of dollars from the franchise. Fan favorites like linebacker James Harrison and quarterback Shaun Hill were traded elsewhere in a fire sale in 2005 and as a result, attendance at the Delta Dome dipped 14% in 2006. Seattle businessman Chris Hanson has stepped up to try to buy the team, but has competition in the form of Liberty Media, Steve Ballmer and even Jeff Bezos."
SportsCenter; January 18, 2007

BH has been quiet lately because they're still feeling the sting of their acquisition of Filmation blowing up in their face.
After all these years? I mean, they briefly brought Ruby Spears after that Orion mess, but they even had to sell RS to Turner. Maybe that sting did it?

- The Charlotte Observer
Okay. What’s Harkins again?
Sweet to see Circuit City hopefully survive ITTL.
- CNBC
Cool.
Saban Metromedia (SBC)
CBS Discovery (CBS)
TimeWarner (TW)
Peacock (NBC)
Microsoft (MSFT)
Lionsgate (LGF)
Bally's Inc. (BALY)
Gotcha.
The Sports Page
Defending Super Bowl champion Raiders lose at home to AFC West rival Chargers in the AFC Championship.
- ESPN
Nice to see Brady lose.
A controversial non-call in the final two minutes propels the Saints past the Rams in the NFC Championship.
- ESPN
What a twist of fate!
Skip Bayless: "Fans were robbed of a Peyton vs. Eli Super Bowl. I'm just as pissed as you are."
- ESPN
You mean Brady vs Eli Super Bowl? Colts are nowhere to be seen here.

Actually, Nara isn't being rethemed. It's just adding new attractions and repainting exisitng exteriors.
I hope you will reconsed rethemething to japaness cultural. Nara disneyland is smaller then disneyland in anhiem so if it wants to commenpt with toktyo disney world I feel that it will really need to diffecait it see form the parks in tokyo and not just repaint and add a few new acrations. I wonder if any one esle shars my point of view

Okay. What’s Harkins again?

Sweet to see Circuit City hopefully survive ITTL.

Cool.

Gotcha.

Nice to see Brady lose.

What a twist of fate!

You mean Brady vs Eli Super Bowl? Colts are nowhere to be seen here.
Harkins is a chain of movie theatres based IOTL in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Welcome to Miami (Dramatization)
1920_dsc-4234.jpg

Miami International Airport
Miami, Florida

January 23, 2007

Paparazzi:
"Hey, aren't you Gus St. Pierre?"

***Gus pushes Archie and Clarissa in a stroller on his way to baggage claim***

Gus St. Pierre:
"That I is!"

Paparazzi:
"What brings you to Miami in January?"

Gus:
"Have you forgot? My Saints are in the Super Bowl! Blanche was able to get tickets and I brought the kids for the game."

***CBS is carrying this year's Super Bowl, which made it super easy for Nelvana employee Blanche Boudreaux to grab a few from the block of tickets that usually goes to the network carrying the game. Other blocks of tickets usually go to sponsors and for each team to distribute to their fans. For the pre-kickoff tease, CBS decided to pair Gus with Saved by the Bell star and Chargers fan Mario Lopez.***​

1920_dsc-4234.jpg

Miami International Airport
Miami, Florida

January 23, 2007

Paparazzi:
"Hey, aren't you Gus St. Pierre?"

***Gus pushes Archie and Clarissa in a stroller on his way to baggage claim***

Gus St. Pierre:
"That I is!"

Paparazzi:
"What brings you to Miami in January?"

Gus:
"Have you forgot? My Saints are in the Super Bowl! Blanche was able to get tickets and I brought the kids for the game."

***CBS is carrying this year's Super Bowl, which made it super easy for Nelvana employee Blanche Boudreaux to grab a few from the block of tickets that usually goes to the network carrying the game. Other blocks of tickets usually go to sponsors and for each team to distribute to their fans. For the pre-kickoff tease, CBS decided to pair Gus with Saved by the Bell star and Chargers fan Mario Lopez.***​
That's great!

And what does Nelvana have coming up in the coming years? And will Columbia eventually make their own kids channel?

That's great!

And what does Nelvana have coming up in the coming years? And will Columbia eventually make their own kids channel?
Actually, what Columbia-TriStar could do is reformat Discovery Kids since that channel is now part of the CBS corporate empire. However, I'm not too sure since I feel like we've stretched kids' programming a bit thin.

Actually, what Columbia-TriStar could do is reformat Discovery Kids since that channel is now part of the CBS corporate empire. However, I'm not too sure since I feel like we've stretched kids' programming a bit thin.
Don't they have Nelvana, Screen Gems, Adelaide Productions, Columbia Wonder and other stuff?

They could make the nighttime block a teens/young adult block.

It can work.

And what happened to Pokemon?

And what does Nelvana have planned for the near future?

I'd go with that option, since The Hub is a Bally property, Columbia now has enough properties and partnerships to run the new direction, and we don't have to make a new channel space for cable packages.

Don't they have Nelvana, Screen Gems, Adelaide Productions, Columbia Wonder and other stuff?

They could make the nighttime block a teens/young adult block.

It can work.

And what happened to Pokemon?

And what does Nelvana have planned for the near future?
Pokemon is on hiatus right now.