As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Spring 2006 Movies
Spring 2006 Movies
Most titles are the same as OTL with exceptions mentioned below.

MV5BNTY5NDcxNTgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzk0MTM3._V1_.jpg

BloodRayne
Released by Lionsgate
Directed ITTL by Paul WS Anderson.

glory-road-1024x681.jpg

Glory Road
Released by Walt Disney Pictures

MV5BMTM4NDk2NDY5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg1MDU3._V1_.jpg

Grandma's Boy
Released by 20th Century-Fox

MV5BMjE2MDIxNTI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTIyNDY3._V1_.jpg

Tristan and Isolde
Released by RKO Radio Pictures through Peacock Releasing

060208_FinalDestination3_hmed_1p.jpg

Final Destination 3
Released by New Line Cinema

AAAABQLJA9AiDzipV_qI8rjnmfi24LNwQoGYMhjgLzGEjOKhVzk7XoDAtp8UqmR1oGuD15KXArlrDXhA38ZQrD2MmBKOvHUMwpMX_ALF.jpg

When a Stranger Calls
Released by Destination Films through Columbia-TriStar

qGMoBgDdnEipzzYxfHCzqlcAvhf.jpg

Date Movie
Released by Miramax 2.0
Produced by Seltzerberg Productions​

Scary Movie 4 (2006 Movie)
AAAABVwe7uPzqkMCxgE90tsAc8GssX9_Aq_jkJ5YuFJb6Zimc2MSHku-Q10u5dUcqbjAKQwCoUdUjt191ICxZeQFle5L6wi-I685Z3pS.jpg

Scary Movie 4
Released in the Spring of 2006 by Dimension Films through Jim Henson Studios Motion Pictures

Notes
ITTL, Shaquille O'Neal still appears in this film, except the off-brand basketball uniform he wears on screen is based on the look the Minnesota Timberwolves have worn since 1996. Shaq played for the Magic and Lakers before joining the T-Wolves via trade in 2004. On the court, he, KG and Ray Allen have formed an intimidating trio.​

So daniel abooot is now a knight. Speaking of daniel abbot I hope that one day he created his own series. Does anybody have an idea for orignal series that would be a good fight for him or should be created an real cartoon years before someone else did otll. I feel that abbot would be a good choice for trick piolot that was rejected by cartoon but had a lot of fans somewhich have started a piolot to have disney pick it up. he is link to the trick moon piolot on youtube

Entertainment News for Mid-April 2006
Entertainment News for Mid-April 2006

Daniel Abbott of Disney granted knighthood by Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Hollywood Reporter

You're a blockhead, Lorne Michaels!
United Feature Syndicate awarded $75 million USD in lawsuit against Peacock.
- The New York Times

With Reitman and Ramis electing to collaborate with Paramount on Ghostbusters 3, John Belushi rejoins SNL as Lorne Michaels' successor.
- MSNBC

Speaker D'Alesandro confirms that President Weinstein has been formally impeached for slow Katrina response.
- The Washington Post

The Sports Page
The Toronto Star's initial Jaguars-to-CFL story turns out to be a hoax.
- TSN

Excerpt from SportsCenter Special Edition on the NFL's 2006 schedule reveal:
Trey Wingo:
"Yesterday, the NFL unveiled its regular season schedule. The focus this year is on the Saints' return to New Orleans after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina last fall. Michael North, the league's VP of broadcasting said every network wanted a chance to cover what promises to be the Saints' comeback season and here's how their schedule will look come September...."
2006 New Orleans Saints Pre-Season
WeekOpponentStadiumNetwork
August 12@ Carolina PanthersSony Ericsson StadiumLocal broadcast
August 21Denver BroncosTiger Stadium (Baton Rouge, LA)SBC
August 26Buffalo BillsLegion Field (Birmingham, AL)Local broadcast
August 31@ Los Angeles RamsAmblin FieldUSA Network
2006 New Orleans Saints Regular Season
WeekOpponentStadiumNetwork
Week 1: September 10@ Indianapolis ColtsRCA DomeCBS
Week 2: September 17@ Green Bay PackersLambeau FieldCBS
Week 3: September 25Atlanta FalconsLouisiana SuperdomeABC (Monday Night Football)
Week 4: October 1@ Jacksonville JaguarsAlltel Gator BowlCBS
Week 5: October 8Tampa Bay BuccaneersLouisiana SuperdomeFox (Sunday Night Football)
Week 6: October 15Philadelphia EaglesLouisiana SuperdomeCBS
Week 7: October 22Bye
Week 8: October 29Cincinnati BengalsLouisiana SuperdomeSBC
Week 9: November 5@ Tampa Bay BuccaneersRaymond James StadiumCBS or Fox
Week 10: November 12@ Pittsburgh SteelersHeinz FieldCBS or Fox
Week 11: November 19Cleveland BrownsLouisiana SuperdomeSBC or Fox
Week 12: November 26@ Atlanta FalconsChick-Fil-A Georgia DomeCBS or Fox
Week 13: November 30Arizona CardinalsLouisiana SuperdomeUSA Network (Thursday Night Football)
Week 14: December 10@ Dallas CowboysTexas StadiumCBS or Fox
Week 15: December 17Washington HeroesLouisiana SuperdomeCBS or Fox
Week 16: December 24@ New York GiantsGiants StadiumCBS or Fox
Week 17: December 31Jacksonville JaguarsLouisiana SuperdomeCBS or Fox

David Shire's Manhattan Skyline (below) was used by SBC as the de-facto theme for at least the first five years of Wednesday Night Hockey. Snippets of the song were often used as cues for sponsor billboards too. SBC's Wednesday Night Hockey's inaugural telecast was the October 8, 1980, matchup between the Los Angeles Kings and New York Rangers from Madison Square Garden.

Early WNH games tended to emphasize regional rivalries, such as Pens-Flyers, Rangers-Isles, Admirals-Hawks and even Canucks-Thunderbirds.

The February 3, 1982, broadcast is remembered for the Colorado Rockies skating onto the McNichols Arena ice to the musical accompaniment of Pac Man Fever ahead of their matchup with the Edmonton Oilers.

At the beginning, Al Trautwig hosted the pregame, intermission and postgame reports from the studios of SBC's New York City O&O WNYW. Jim Gordon, normally the voice of the Rangers at the time, served as the inaugural play-by-play announcer for the 1980-81 season. During the '81 offseason, Gordon quit and was replaced by Bob Miller, who had been the voice of Kings broadcasts on then-independent KCOP, now Fox's Los Angeles O&O.

Mike "Doc" Emrick became WNH's signature voice starting with the 1985-86 season.​

Just like IOTL, Midnight Flite's Don't Turn Away (below) was the de-facto theme for NBC Sports programming between 1978 and early 1982.

Wasn't there another anime that Disney was supposed to get?
Yeah, that's gonna be tough. I wanted to give them Lupin III, but I think that should go to Lionsgate instead as part of the ADV/Geneon purchase. That purchase alone should give Lionsgate an easier time competing with Fox, New Line and Touchstone's Ghibli dubs.

I think later I might have Disney/Fox dub My Hero Academia unless that's too adult. I also thought of maybe Midori Days, but that one doesn't seem as well-known IOTL.

Before I forget, Ghibli's dubs after Spirited Away have pretty much been the same as OTL.

Yeah, that's gonna be tough. I wanted to give them Lupin III, but I think that should go to Lionsgate instead as part of the ADV/Geneon purchase. That purchase alone should give Lionsgate an easier time competing with Fox, New Line and Touchstone's Ghibli dubs.

I think later I might have Disney/Fox dub My Hero Academia unless that's too adult. I also thought of maybe Midori Days, but that one doesn't seem as well-known IOTL.

Before I forget, Ghibli's dubs after Spirited Away have pretty much been the same as OTL.
How about Sgt. Frog, Hikaru No Go and The Prince Of Tennis?

Those are perfectly friendly and ready.

And give Lionsgate Lupin, and move One Piece to the newly combined ADV/Geneon unit.

I'd have Disney/FOX dub MHA, Dr. Stone and Fire Force.

In fact, Sgt. Frog, HnG and TPoT could all debut this fall.

HnG could air on Toon Disney, TPoT could air on DIsney Channel and Sgt. Frog could air on Fox Kids.

How's that sound?

How about Sgt. Frog, Hikaru No Go and The Prince Of Tennis?

Those are perfectly friendly and ready.

And give Lionsgate Lupin, and move One Piece to the newly combined ADV/Geneon unit.

I'd have Disney/FOX dub MHA, Dr. Stone and Fire Force.

In fact, Sgt. Frog, HnG and TPoT could all debut this fall.

HnG could air on Toon Disney, TPoT could air on DIsney Channel and Sgt. Frog could air on Fox Kids.

How's that sound?
That sounds good but I want to hear what everyone else thinks before I choose. Thank you though.

I like the idea of lionsgate staying based in canda.. Perpas they could merge with the owner of one of canda tv netwrorks like corus the owner of global tv bell the parent of ctv and rogers the partent city tv. Also how about lionsgate merging with enterment one

Last edited:
I like the idea of lionsgate staying based in canda.. Perpas they could merge with the owner of one of canda tv netwrorks like corus the owner of global tv bell the parent of ctv and rogers the partent city tv. Also how about lionsgate merging with enterment one
Don't forget there's also David Thomson, who IOTL co-owns the Winnipeg Jets with Mark Chipman.

That sounds good but I want to hear what everyone else thinks before I choose. Thank you though.
I personally find those ideas really good.

Also, not only should John Belushi consider this an improvement over the last time he was on SNL, but it's only a few months before the next presidential election. What's an impeachment, more or less?

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2006 Film)
XMenLast06.jpg

X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Released by 20th Century-Fox on May 26, 2006

Known IOTL as X-Men: The Last Stand

Xavier (Patrick Stewart):
"Since the dawn of existence, there have always been moments when the course of history shifted. Such a turning point is upon us now."

Produced in association with
Legendary Multimedia

Directed by
Shane Black

Screenplay by
Simon Kinberg
Matthew Vaughn
Zak Penn

Music by
John Ottman

Main Cast
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
Sophie Okonedo as Ororo Munroe/Storm
Gus St. Pierre as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
Famke Janssen as Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix
Sir Ian McKellen as Erik Lensherr/Magneto
Francoise Yip as Jubilee
Liev Schreiber as Victor Creed/Sabretooth
Rebecca Romijn as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
Kelsey Grammer as Hank McCoy/Beast
James Marsden as Scott Summers/Cyclops
Vinnie Jones as Cain Marko/Juggernaut
Elliot Page (billed at the time as Ellen Page) as Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
Ben Foster as Warren Worthington III/Angel
Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier/Professor X

Notes
- The "turning point" speech by Xavier that was only heard in the OTL teaser is spoken over black right before the cold open of Magneto and Xavier visiting a young Jean Grey.
- The Sentinels make their first appearance in the film series, built to destroy mutants that refuse to be cured.
- As the Brotherhood storm Alcatraz and the Sentinels slaughter mutants from both sides, the Pentagon tries to shut down the Sentinels but a fatal glitch in the programming makes the robots unstoppable.
- Many mutants on both the X-Men and Brotherhood are killed off during the course of the film. The survivors are forced into hiding, questioning what awaits them while mourning their fallen comrades.

Wolverine (Hugh Jackman):
"What's your next play call, coach?"

Professor X (Patrick Stewart):
"I don't know."

- After that exchange, Magneto is still seen at the park playing chess right before the end credits.

Logo Trivia
ITTL, X-Men: Dark Phoenix is the first film to begin with a new 20th Century-Fox logo created by Weta Digital.

We'll great. But two significant hits, Disney's The Omen and Touchstone's Cars, as well as Universal's Fast and Furious 3 will came out this month, along with New Line Cinema's (OTL Warner Bros. made the movie) The Lake House.

But a new theme is revealed for SBC Action News and it was composed by Stephen Arnold.

The Omen (2006 Remake)
MV5BMTc2NDc4NTAzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjc1MjIyMDI@._V1_.jpg

The Omen
Released by 20th Century-Fox on June 6, 2006.

A remake of the 1976 Gregory Peck/Lee Remick film.

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- The original Omen was 20th Century-Fox's first release through Buena Vista Distribution Co, Inc. However, some argue it is not the first R-rated release under Disney's ownership, believing that honor should belong to The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which was Fox's first release after Disney announced their purchase in July of 1975. The acquisition was completed 72 hours before principal photography began on the original Omen.

- Alan Ladd, Jr. was Fox's head of creative affairs during the sale to Disney and oversaw production on the original Omen. It was under Laddie's watch that development of the original Star Wars transferred from Hyperion to Fox when George Lucas asked for his film to open with the Fox fanfare.

- The infamous tricycle scene was later parodied in a Little Audrey short produced during the Fox Movietoon revival in the mid-to-late Eighties.

- The Omen remake is the first installment in the franchise to use the Cinemascope extended version of the Fox fanfare. Previous installments only used the short 1935 version.​