Arnold Stays Loyal AKA The Anti-Federalists worst nightmare

Comments and criticisms welcomed and encouraged.

“General Schuyler! General Arnold!”

“What is it Lieutenant?”

“General Gates has fallen from his horse sir; he’s been knocked unconscious and unable to command.”

“Well Benedict, technically I have been removed as commanding officer. That would place you in command.”

“I don’t like this Philip. It was Gate’s fault we lost Ticonderoga, not yours.”

“I know, but I am more than willing to offer you my sword and serve in any post you see fit to place me.”

“Count on it”

-An exchange between General Philip Schuyler and General Benedict Arnold before the Battle of Saratoga

1777 – Battle of Saratoga turns the tide of battle in the American Revolution. Many believe that without the selfless action of General Benedict Arnold, commanding the American forces, the battle may well have been lost. In the aftermath of the war, General Arnold finally receives the credit he deserves and is promoted to Major General as well as reimbursed for his debts.

1780 – Alexander Hamilton and Benedict Arnold strike up a friendship that will last a lifetime. They have much in common, from their views on politics to both being from New York.

1782 – Benedict Arnold is introduced to and marries Angelica Schuyler, the daughter of General Philip Schuyler and the younger sister of Alexander Hamilton’s wife Elizabeth.

1783 – The Treaty of Paris is signed between the United States of America and Great Britain. The US is recognized as free.
- Benedict Arnold’s wife gives birth to a son, named Benedict Philip Arnold.

1787 – The United States Constitution is adopted

1788 – George Washington is elected President. He appoints Benedict Arnold as Secretary of War.

1792 – George Washington is re-elected as President.

1796 – In a controversy, the Federalist Party supports Benedict Arnold over John Adams. Arnold successfully defeats Thomas Jefferson to become President as Thomas Pinckney becomes Vice President. The Federalists also win several seats in the House and Senate.
- Hamilton begins manipulating the situation in the Senate and House using the Federalist gains and Arnold’s popularity to push forward with his and Arnold’s agenda.

1797 – The XYZ affair occurs. The Federalists use the excuse prepare for war and move closer to Britain. The British, looking kindly on Arnold’s administration agree to stop the impressments of American sailors. Congress passes a bill approving the expansion of the Federal Army and the construction of a new navy. However, they hold off from declaring war, yet.

1798 – USS Liberty, a new American Frigate, captures the La Croyable off the coast of New Jersey. The country rallies to the side of Arnold and the Federalists and Jefferson finds himself with few friends, this is the opening Arnold and Hamilton were looking for. They use their supporters and cronies in Congress to declare war on France. Arnold appoints Hamilton to be commander of the Army, Hamilton intern appoints Arnold’s son to be his aid-de-camp and gives him a commission.
- American and British ships begin raiding French colonies in the Caribbean. Marines and some militia are prepared in Georgia for landings in Haiti.
- The Federalists win more seats in Congress.

1799 – Arnold orders Hamilton to begin conducting raids into Florida and Louisiana.
- Troops under Colonel Andrew Jackson begin raiding Florida. His raids are largely successful since the Spanish are too pre-occupied to respond.
- Spain responds with a declaration of war against the United States. Arnold orders the invasion of Louisiana and Florida.
- Napoleon Bonaparte overthrows the Directory in France and becomes 1st Consul
- George Washington dies and some say with him the Republic.
- To help with the construction of war supplies a number of Hamiltonian pro-business and industry reforms are enacted.
- Hamilton stirs controversy when he raises black units to help fight. He buys slaves from

1800 – Arnold and the rest of the government move into Washington DC.
- American forces continue to raid and advance in both Florida and Louisiana
- Act of Union between Great Britain and Ireland
- Benedict Arnold wins a second term as President winning every state, but Virginia, the home of his opponent Jefferson. The Federalists have over 65% of the seats in the House and nearly 60% of the Senate.

1802 – In a daring attack under the command of General Henry Lee, American troops with the support of the Navy capture New Orleans. Its success largely comes from Major Benedict Arnold (the president’s son) who rallied his troops similar to his father at Saratoga and personally led a charge at the Spanish troops despite having his horse shot out from under him and being wounded in the left arm.
- The younger Arnold leaves New Orleans as a hero to his men. The Federalist newspaper editors, at the direction of Hamilton, make the most of win and elevate the younger Arnold to nearly his father’s legendary status. Arnold is promoted to Colonel
- West Point is established as the US Army’s officer academy. Arnold is given the honor of commanding the facility.
- Elections occur just weeks after the announcement of the victory and New Orleans, the Federalists sweep the elections. They control 78% of the House and 75% of the Senate. The Democratic-Republicans are almost destroyed as a party.

1803 – In the wake of the victory at New Orleans, combine with the loss of Spanish reinforcements to a British fleet. The Spanish surrender, in the Treaty of Dublin the Spanish surrenders all lands of the Louisiana territory and Florida to the US. They furthermore agree to stop raiding American shipping and to occupy Cuba and Mexico with no more than minimal garrison forces.
- Haiti declares independence
- Seeing his dreams of a New World Empire crumble Napoleon agrees to peace with the Americans. He pays an indemnity of 15 million dollars, agrees to withdraw ships to the eastern Atlantic, and recognizes Haiti’s independence.
- Arnold, Hamilton, and the Federalists are seen as heroes across the United States. Calls begin to go out to make Arnold President for life or even King as his son is equally a respectable figure.
- Spanish colonies in the Americas begin making moves toward independence, moves that are supported by the Americans and British.

1804 – Federalists win another round of elections and Arnold wins a third term as President. The Federalists control over 80% of both houses of Congress.
- Federalist Senator James McHenry from Maryland gives a speech on the floor of the Senate asking that Benedict Arnold consent to being crowned “King of All Americans,” at first Arnold resists but when hundred of supporters gather outside of the Executive Mansion he concedes. McHenry and other Federalist Senators force through a number of Amendments abolishing the office of the President and replacing it with a hereditary King. The King is given many of the same powers as the President, including the same checks on the office. The King is also given the ability to create nobility, but they must be approved by the Senate and will enjoy no other benefits. Furthermore, the office of Consul is created and will be elected by the members of the Senate to serve as President of the Senate.
- Arnold is crowned His Majesty King Benedict Arnold, By the Consent of Congress and the American People King of all Americans, Defender of the Constitution and the Rights of Man by Thomas Pinckney, his former Vice President and President of the Senate. In his Coronation Speech he promises to respect the Constitution and the “republican heritage” of the country.
- King Benedict asks the Senate to approve numerous titles for his various supporters. His son is created Prince of Columbia and Marquess of New Orleans. Alexander Hamilton is created as the Duke of New York. Thomas Pinckney is created as Duke of South Carolina. Henry Lee is created as the Duke of Virginia.
- Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, and their supporters are outraged over the turn of events. In a series articles, they decry the turn of events and call for a new revolution to fight the “tyrants of federalism,” the article receive little attention however. The Federalists are to popular and have control over most of the newspapers. The three are largely discredited and retire to their various estates, the principles they put forward though, states rights and republicanism, will return though.
- Aaron Burr challenges Alexander Hamilton to a duel over the results of the governor’s race in New York and a series of articles in the news that followed. Hamilton shows up but before the duel can be fought both Burr and Hamilton are arrested. Burr is charged with attempted murder and Hamilton is given a slap on the wrist, political opponents of the new Duke largely see it as a set up to save face and remove Burr at the same time.
- Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French
- His Grace Alexander Hamilton, Duke of New York is elected Consul

1805 – Battle of Trafalgar destroys Napoleon’s Fleet
- King Benedict and the Federalist pass further laws to encourage industrialization. They also pass laws determining the sale of land in the west, selling off the land at a modest price to raise revenues to fund further projects. The only exception were soldiers, they were given cheap land.

1807 – Benedict Arnold (the younger) marries Lucy Grymes Lee.
- The Clermont, a steam powered ship, sails up the Hudson River. Hamilton, several merchants, and the Navy take a keen interest in the new development.

1808 – The importation of slaves is banned in the US

1810 – King Benedict I dies. There is some talk of restoring the presidency; however it’s not taken seriously. The funeral is attended by hundreds of thousands of people and dignitaries from around the world. At the eulogy, Alexander Hamilton calls him “second only to Washington” and “if Washington freed this country, Arnold has made it great”. His son is crowned King Benedict II.
- Mexico declares independence, marking the first time a Spanish colony has openly defied the crown of Spain. America and Britain quickly move to recognize the state; however Spain violates the treaty of Dublin when it sends troops to quell the revolt. When the US moves to stop the troops and assist the Mexican rebels, Spain declares war.
- Revolts erupt all over South America, from Caracas to Argentina

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
Interestingly, I also had an idea wherein the President is made monarch of America, and the VP takes on a head-of-government role with the style of Consul.
But that was a while ago. :D

Good read, yours was. Please continue. :)

Interestingly, I also had an idea wherein the President is made monarch of America, and the VP takes on a head-of-government role with the style of Consul.
But that was a while ago. :D

Good read, yours was. Please continue. :)

Hm...I could rework it I suppose. I promise it wasn't intentional, but I didn't think that my new head of the senate would sound right being president and he isn't prime minister, he also isn't head-of-government.

One minor quibble...Benedict Arnold already had a son named Benedict by ths time, born of his first wife. Why would he name this one Benedict also?

He had another wife? I thought his first OTL wife was Peggy "I'm a snooty whore that ruined a great man's life and I love the King" Shippen. With him never in PA he never meets her and thus never marries her. I also butterflied Angelica's elopement with Church away.

I just looked and sure enough you were right. I guess you can't trust Wiki for everything (I know I speak heresy). I will edit things out. Interestingly, it seems like Franklin's son his three elder boys were British loyalists.

I just looked and sure enough you were right. I guess you can't trust Wiki for everything (I know I speak heresy). I will edit things out. Interestingly, it seems like Franklin's son his three elder boys were British loyalists.
Yes it's pretty well known that William, who served as govenor of New Jersey, became estranged from his father because of the conflict, and they never fully reconciled

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Well, that is one of the more depressing (although well done) POD's I've read in a while.

Fight the Revolution to get rid of Royality and then run right back into the burning barn.

Pity.

Faeelin

Banned
About five seconds after Arnold announces his intention to become king, everyone in Congress tears him apart with their canes.

Well, that is one of the more depressing (although well done) POD's I've read in a while.

Fight the Revolution to get rid of Royality and then run right back into the burning barn.

Pity.

Thank you, I suppose. ;)

About five seconds after Arnold announces his intention to become king, everyone in Congress tears him apart with their canes.

Perhaps in OTL, however I think I have created a fairly plausible reality. Arnold was scene second only to Washington after Saratoga ITL and results in a much more Federalist driven Congress. After a stunning set of victories against France and Spain, basically doubling the size of the country, I think its fairly realistic that they would be calling for him to stay on permanently.

Nice little emergent dystopia you've got going there, A-A. :) I'd have prefered a dictatorial President along Hamiltonian lines to a King, although you can't have everything I suppose!

Faeelin

Banned
Perhaps in OTL, however I think I have created a fairly plausible reality. Arnold was scene second only to Washington after Saratoga ITL and results in a much more Federalist driven Congress. After a stunning set of victories against France and Spain, basically doubling the size of the country, I think its fairly realistic that they would be calling for him to stay on permanently.

Why?

I mean, you can do what you want, but if you read the testimony of the major federalists, none of them wanted an American monarchy.

I'm sorry to nitpick - this is extremely similar to a scenario I'm working with - but by the time Saratoga came, Arnold had been stripped of all command by Gates and basically sentenced to tent arrest - he disobeyed orders when he fought at Bemis Heights. I'm thinking that since Arnold was a major general in name only (he did get the promotion, but without seniority) and basically awaiting a possible court martial, the legitimate choice for command would be Schuyler, unless there were any other major generals there that we haven't heard about.

Will this make America a more accepted nation among the Crowned heads of Europe? And is the Name United States of America going to be kept?

I'm sorry to nitpick - this is extremely similar to a scenario I'm working with - but by the time Saratoga came, Arnold had been stripped of all command by Gates and basically sentenced to tent arrest - he disobeyed orders when he fought at Bemis Heights. I'm thinking that since Arnold was a major general in name only (he did get the promotion, but without seniority) and basically awaiting a possible court martial, the legitimate choice for command would be Schuyler, unless there were any other major generals there that we haven't heard about.

Gates only removes him once he get to Saratoga, ITL he never makes it. Schuyler meanwhile had received the order from Congress removing him.

Will this make America a more accepted nation among the Crowned heads of Europe? And is the Name United States of America going to be kept?

Yes and Yes. Especially for the first one, I have something extra special planned around the year 1839. ;)

Additions and expansions (added some things, edited some things, and created some new things)

“General Schuyler! General Arnold!”

“What is it Lieutenant?”

“General Gates has fallen from his horse sir; he’s been knocked unconscious and unable to command.”

“Well Benedict, technically I have been removed as commanding officer. That would place you in command.”

“I don’t like this Philip. It was Gate’s fault we lost Ticonderoga, not yours.”

“I know, but I am more than willing to offer you my sword and serve in any post you see fit to place me.”

“Count on it”

-An exchange between General Philip Schuyler and General Benedict Arnold before the Battle of Saratoga

1777 – Battle of Saratoga turns the tide of battle in the American Revolution. Many believe that without the selfless action of General Benedict Arnold, commanding the American forces, the battle may well have been lost. In the aftermath of the war, General Arnold finally receives the credit he deserves and is promoted to Major General as well as reimbursed for his debts.

1780 – Alexander Hamilton and Benedict Arnold strike up a friendship that will last a lifetime. They have much in common, from their views on politics to both being from New York.

1782 – Benedict Arnold is introduced to and marries Angelica Schuyler, the daughter of General Philip Schuyler and the younger sister of Alexander Hamilton’s wife Elizabeth.

1783 – The Treaty of Paris is signed between the United States of America and Great Britain. The US is recognized as free.
- Benedict Arnold’s wife gives birth to a son, named William Arnold.

1787 – The United States Constitution is adopted

1788 – George Washington is elected President. He appoints Benedict Arnold as Secretary of War.

1792 – George Washington is re-elected as President.

1796 – In a controversy, the Federalist Party supports Benedict Arnold over John Adams. Arnold successfully defeats Thomas Jefferson to become President as Thomas Pinckney becomes Vice President. The Federalists also win several seats in the House and Senate.
- Hamilton begins manipulating the situation in the Senate and House using the Federalist gains and Arnold’s popularity to push forward with his and Arnold’s agenda.

1797 – The XYZ affair occurs. The Federalists use the excuse prepare for war and move closer to Britain. The British, looking kindly on Arnold’s administration agree to stop the impressments of American sailors. Congress passes a bill approving the expansion of the Federal Army and the construction of a new navy. However, they hold off from declaring war, yet.

1798 – USS Liberty, a new American Frigate, captures the La Croyable off the coast of New Jersey. The country rallies to the side of Arnold and the Federalists and Jefferson finds himself with few friends, this is the opening Arnold and Hamilton were looking for. They use their supporters and cronies in Congress to declare war on France. Arnold appoints Hamilton to be commander of the Army, Hamilton intern appoints Arnold’s son to be his aid-de-camp and gives him a commission.
- American and British ships begin raiding French colonies in the Caribbean. Marines and some militia are prepared in Georgia for landings in Haiti.
- The Federalists win more seats in Congress.

1799 – Arnold orders Hamilton to begin conducting raids into Florida and Louisiana.
- Troops under Colonel Andrew Jackson begin raiding Florida. His raids are largely successful since the Spanish are too pre-occupied to respond.
- Spain responds with a declaration of war against the United States. Arnold orders the invasion of Louisiana and Florida.
- Napoleon Bonaparte overthrows the Directory in France and becomes 1st Consul
- George Washington dies and some say with him the Republic.
- To help with the construction of war supplies a number of Hamiltonian pro-business and industry reforms are enacted.
- Hamilton stirs controversy when he raises black units to help fight. He buys slaves from

1800 – Arnold and the rest of the government move into Washington DC.
- American forces continue to raid and advance in both Florida and Louisiana
- Act of Union between Great Britain and Ireland
- Benedict Arnold wins a second term as President winning every state, but Virginia, the home of his opponent Jefferson. The Federalists have over 65% of the seats in the House and nearly 60% of the Senate.

1802 – In a daring attack under the command of General Henry Lee, American troops with the support of the Navy capture New Orleans. Its success largely comes from Major William Arnold (the president’s son) who rallied his troops similar to his father at Saratoga and personally led a charge at the Spanish troops despite having his horse shot out from under him and being wounded in the left arm.
- The younger Arnold leaves New Orleans as a hero to his men. The Federalist newspaper editors, at the direction of Hamilton, make the most of win and elevate the younger Arnold to nearly his father’s legendary status. Arnold is promoted to Colonel
- West Point is established as the US Army’s officer academy. Arnold is given the honor of commanding the facility.
- Elections occur just weeks after the announcement of the victory and New Orleans, the Federalists sweep the elections. They control 78% of the House and 75% of the Senate. The Democratic-Republicans are almost destroyed as a party.

1803 – In the wake of the victory at New Orleans, combine with the loss of Spanish reinforcements to a British fleet. The Spanish surrender, in the Treaty of Dublin the Spanish surrenders all lands of the Louisiana territory and Florida to the US. They furthermore agree to stop raiding American shipping and to occupy Cuba and Mexico with no more than minimal garrison forces.
- Haiti declares independence
- Seeing his dreams of a New World Empire crumble Napoleon agrees to peace with the Americans. He pays an indemnity of 15 million dollars, agrees to withdraw ships to the eastern Atlantic, and recognizes Haiti’s independence.
- Arnold, Hamilton, and the Federalists are seen as heroes across the United States. Calls begin to go out to make Arnold President for life or even King as his son is equally a respectable figure.
- Spanish colonies in the Americas begin making moves toward independence, moves that are supported by the Americans and British.

1804 – Federalists win another round of elections and Arnold wins a third term as President. The Federalists control over 80% of both houses of Congress.
- Federalist Senator James McHenry from Maryland gives a speech on the floor of the Senate asking that Benedict Arnold consent to being crowned “King of All Americans,” at first Arnold resists but when hundred of supporters gather outside of the Executive Mansion he concedes. McHenry and other Federalist Senators force through a number of Amendments abolishing the office of the President and replacing it with a hereditary King. The King is given many of the same powers as the President, including the same checks on the office. The King is also given the ability to create nobility, but they must be approved by the Senate and will enjoy no other benefits. Furthermore, the office of Consul is created and will be elected by the members of the Senate to serve as President of the Senate.
- Arnold is crowned His Majesty King Benedict Arnold, By the Consent of Congress and the American People King of all Americans, Defender of the Constitution and the Rights of Man by Thomas Pinckney, his former Vice President and President of the Senate. In his Coronation Speech he promises to respect the Constitution and the “republican heritage” of the country.
- King Benedict asks the Senate to approve numerous titles for his various supporters. His son is created Prince of Columbia and Marquess of New Orleans. Alexander Hamilton is created as the Duke of New York. Thomas Pinckney is created as Duke of South Carolina. Henry Lee is created as the Duke of Virginia.
- Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, and their supporters are outraged over the turn of events. In a series articles, they decry the turn of events and call for a new revolution to fight the “tyrants of federalism,” the article receive little attention however. The Federalists are to popular and have control over most of the newspapers. The three are largely discredited and retire to their various estates, the principles they put forward though, states rights and republicanism, will return though.
- Aaron Burr challenges Alexander Hamilton to a duel over the results of the governor’s race in New York and a series of articles in the news that followed. Hamilton shows up but before the duel can be fought both Burr and Hamilton are arrested. Burr is charged with attempted murder and Hamilton is given a slap on the wrist, political opponents of the new Duke largely see it as a set up to save face and remove Burr at the same time.
- Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French
- His Grace Alexander Hamilton, Duke of New York is elected Consul

1805 – Battle of Trafalgar destroys Napoleon’s Fleet
- King Benedict and the Federalist pass further laws to encourage industrialization. They also pass laws determining the sale of land in the west, selling off the land at a modest price to raise revenues to fund further projects. The only exception were soldiers, they were given cheap land.

1807 – William Arnold marries Lucy Grymes Lee.
- The Clermont, a steam powered ship, sails up the Hudson River. Hamilton, several merchants, and the Navy take a keen interest in the new development.

1808 – The importation of slaves is banned in the US
- Charles IV of Spain dies, his son rises to the throne as Ferdinand VII.

1809 – Princess Consort Lucy Grymes Arnold, wife of Prince William, gives birth to a son, named Benedict William Arnold.

1810 – King Benedict I dies. There is some talk of restoring the presidency; however it’s not taken seriously. The funeral is attended by hundreds of thousands of people and dignitaries from around the world. At the eulogy, Alexander Hamilton calls him “second only to Washington” and “if Washington freed this country, Arnold has made it great”. His son is crowned King William by Hamilton.
- King William passes on the titles of Prince of Columbia and Marquess of New Orleans to his new born son. From now on the heir to the throne of America will be known by these titles.
- Mexico declares independence, marking the first time a Spanish colony has openly defied the crown of Spain. America and Britain quickly move to recognize the state; however Spain violates the treaty of Dublin when it sends troops to quell the revolt. When the US moves to stop the troops and assist the Mexican rebels, Spain declares war.
- Revolts erupt all over South America, from Caracas to Argentina

1811 – US troops and supplies begin flowing into South America. US troops begin moving into Mexico and making quick work of the few Spanish troops that are there. Meanwhile, US Marines land in Cuba and begin the pacification of that island.
- British troops land around the Rio de la Plata. The Americans and British are seen as allies and friends as they work to establish working liberal governments that are loyal to them.
- Prince George, the Prince of Wales, becomes Regent after Parliament declares his father insane
- Louisiana and Florida are admitted to the Union as Free states (large numbers of former black soldiers live there) while Mississippi and Washington (OTL: Alabama) are admitted as slave states. This keeps the balance in the Senate, but Federalists are already working to restrict the practice.
- Queen Consort Lucy Arnold gives birth to another son, named Philip Alexander.

1812 – US Marines capture Havana, Cuba.
- Napoleon enters Moscow; unfortunately it has been deliberately burned to the ground before he gets there
- Congress approves funding for roads and canals reaching west.
- Brutal fighting continues throughout the world, especially in South America
- Queen Consort Lucy Arnold gives birth to a third child, a daughter, named Angelica Lucy Arnold.

1813 – Oliver Hazard Perry defeats a combine Spanish/French fleet en route to Mexico. The battle of the Gulf of Mexico means the end for the Mexican Empire in the Western Hemisphere
- Napoleon begins facing internal opposition from within his Empire
- Spain surrenders to Britain and the United States. Negotiations begin as to terms of surrender.

1814 – American troops under General Andrew Jackson arrive in Europe.
- At the Battle of the Köln, a combine British, American, Prussian, and Russian force defeat a French and Spanish force. At the battle, an American sharpshooter successfully shoots and kills Napoleon as he rides out to rally his forces.
- News spreads at the death of Napoleon; Anti-Napoleonic forces are quick to retake control of Paris and important cities. They and the allies see to it that Louis XVIII is crowned King of France. They also meet in Brussels to discuss the terms of the peace. Ferdinand VII is removed from the throne of Spain and his brother is Carlos who takes the throne as Charles V. Mexico, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Patagonia are all recognized as independent. Various states make territorial gains. The German Confederation is created. The United States assumes control of Puerto Rico and Cuba Spain and France pay indemnities to the United States.

1815 – The various states of South America begin organizing themselves. Mexico declares itself an Empire, under Agustin de Iturbide. Colombia declares itself a kingdom under Simon Bolivar, using the American model vs. the British model of monarchy. Peru declares itself an Empire and invites Infante Francisco de Paula, the youngest son of Charles IV, to become Emperor, he accepts. Chile declares itself a Republic under Supreme Director Bernardo O’Higgins. The Republic of Argentina is established under President Jose de San Martin. Uruguay and Paraguay are both established as Republics
- Queen Consort Lucy Arnold gives birth to a fourth child, another daughter, named Matilda.
- Alexander Hamilton, Duke of New York, dies. His son, Philip, inherits the title. The Congress is divided on who select as Consul, however. This division has been brewing for quite some time and with the end of the war and the death of Hamilton things come to ahead. One faction, under the leadership of the Senator James Barbour of Virginia, supported continued development of trade and industry, a strong executive, supremacy of the national government, against the expansion of slavery, tolerance toward Native Americans and gradual, compensated manumission. This faction, known as the Royal Federalists moved to support John Quincy Adams. The other faction, known as the Democratic Federalists and under the leadership of Senator Nathan Sanford of New York, supports tariffs, a stronger Congress with fewer powers to the monarch, states rights, popular sovereignty of slavery, removal of Native Americans, and status quo slavery. This faction supports Andrew Pickens. In the end, John Quincy Adams wins the vote and becomes the next Consul.
- Sanford and others from the Democratic Federalists leave the party and found the Whig Party.

1816 – In blow back from the continued power of the federal government, the newly founded Whig Party managed to successfully elect sizable numbers to the House of Representatives and win enough seats in state legislatures to elect several senators.
- In the wake of the war a new round of immigration to the United States occurs, mainly from southern Germany where fighting was heaviest as well as some Irishman.
- Indiana, Illinois, Maine, Arkansas, Missouri, and Michigan are admitted to the Union. Problems occur because all the states wish to be admitted as Free States. To make matters worse they join the growing number of states that have universal male suffrage. The Southern states attempt to block their admission; a compromise is reached where the Senate will agree to not debate slavery for ten years. Neither Party is happy about this, but it holds the country together.

1817 – King William receives a visit from his General staff as well as a young officer name John Hall who shows him a proto-type for a breech loading rifle he designed. The King, a former soldier himself, tests the rifle and loves it. He orders enough for the entire army. Soon the factories, using interchangeable parts, begin mass production of the rifle.

1818 – The Whig Party manages to achieve a slim majority in the Senate, supported by the still angry Southern States. John Quincy Adams resigns his post as Consul; he is knighted and appointed Ambassador to Britain by King William, however. The new Whig majority elects Andrew Jackson to serve as Consul.
- The Senate and House begin agitating for King William to do something about the Native American situation. They want the tribes, particularly the Creek and Cherokee, moved west of the Mississippi. The King, however, is reluctant to do anything about the situation. Finally, he gives in, but instead of exterminating them, or forcefully moving them he calls a conference with the leaders of all the great tribes within the US, including the Creek, Cherokee, and Dakota. At the conference, they work out an agreement where the tribe’s people east of the Mississippi will move west of the Mississippi, but be compensated with land of equal or greater value than they possessed, all the tribes will become citizens of the United States with all the privileges their of. The tribes agree and are assisted in moving to the region just north of Mexico (OTL: Oklahoma and Nebraska). King William takes the title of Great Chief of the Tribes. He also creates the Royal Dakota Infantry and Royal Cherokee Cavalry, these two military divisions will become some of the fiercest and proudest units in the military. As a result of the sudden influx in population, Cherokee (OTL: Nebraska), Kansas, and Dakota are admitted to the Union. Nebraska especially has an odd mix of Native American and former black soldiers and their families. The Congress is most upset by the turn of events.
- The Congress attempts to pass a bill raising the tariffs on several goods; however King William vetoes the bill. They attempt to override, but can’t muster the votes. The Whigs, especially in the Senate, are quick to take to the floor de-riding the King as a tyrant.
- When King William asks Congress for funds to construct steam ships for the navy he is turned down. The Federalists and the King are quick to take issue with this, claiming that the Whigs are endangering the safety of the United States.

1819 – Mexico begins making moves against the United States. It’s beginning to take issue with the growing development along the border and the increasing number of White, Black, and Native Americans there is moving into their territory.
- Queen Consort Lucy Arnold gives birth to a fifth and final child, a son, name Henry.

1820 – George IV rises to the throne, ending the English Regency
- The Whigs hold onto a bare majority of Senate seats as Kansas, Dakota, and Cherokee send Federalists to Congress. This includes the first black man, Clarence Walker, a veteran of the Napoleonic Wars and the first Native American, Joseph Red Feather, a Cherokee.

1822 – The Federalists regain the majority in the Senate, but remain in the minority in the House. However, they elect Henry Clay as Consul.
- American colonists arrive in West Africa, claiming the territory as American West Africa. They establish Arnoldia

1823 – King William signs a bill providing funding for the further construction of internal improvements. Roads, schools, and canals stretch west into the new states.

1824 – The Federalists gain the majority in both houses of Congress. Henry Clay remains Consul. The Whigs are especially upset by this because the Slavery Extension Act will expire in two years and they are worried the Federalists are finally going to end slavery.
- Emperor Augustin I of Mexico dies. His son is crowned Augustin II, he will prove to be much more hawkish and reactionary than his father.

1825 – Investors in the Midwest and Plain states begin looking to the steam engine to move supplies and products out west quickly. Railroad lines are soon being laid from Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Cleveland, and New Orleans.

1826 – John VI of Portugal dies. He leaves his elder son, Pedro, Portugal and the Algarves and his younger son, Miguel, Brazil. Pedro becomes King Pedro IV of Portugal while Miguel becomes Emperor Miguel I of Brazil. Being a conservative, Miguel and the aristocracy of Brazil draft a constitution that gives them considerable powers and authority.
- Cuba applies for statehood just as the Slavery Extension Act expires. The island, a booming trade and industrial center, is full of whites, Hispanics, and blacks that want no part of slavery.
- The Federalists maintain the majority in both houses of Congress. This combine with Cuba applying for statehood and Henry Clay stepping down as Consul only to be replaced by Peter Beull Porter, the Connecticut born Secretary of War under King William, has caused dozens of Whigs to walk out of Congress. John C Calhoun, leader of the Whigs, states in a fiery speech that “Congress has become dominated by the cronies of New England Industrialists and that the King is the ultimate crony.”
- The Governors of North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Washington meet in Charleston and declare their independence as separate Republics; however they agree to form the “Confederacy of American States” for mutual defense and trade. John C. Calhoun is chosen to be the first President of the CAS. Calhoun’s first measure is to organize the state militias for the impending attack by the Federal Government
- King William condemns the secession of the five Southern states. He immediately orders the Federal Army mobilized and the Navy to blockade the coast.
- The King, himself, assumes command of the army as it moves south from Virginia. In Florida, a smaller army under General Sir Zachary Taylor begins moving into Georgia. Finally, another Army under General Henry Atkinson moves east from New Orleans.
- At the Battle of Northampton, the Federal Army under King William destroys militia forces from North Carolina. The combine superior tactics as well as breech loading rifles are too much for the militia forces.
- Charles X of France dies of a heart attack. His eldest son is crowned Louis XIX, he promises a more liberal regime, promising to respect the rights of the Chamber of Deputies and help improve the living standards of the lower classes. He appoints Pierre Paul Royer-Collard to the role of Chief Minister, restoring the Doctrinaires to some semblance of power.

1827 – Federal troops from Louisiana occupy Washington. Troops from Florida are making significant progress into Georgia and King William’s forces are pushing on Raleigh.
- The King, from the front, signs a Royal Decree declaring that any slave in enemy territory that signs up in the Federal Army for a term of 5 years will be given his freedom and the freedom of his family. He will also begin a plot of land upon retirement. Hundred of able bodied men join the Federal Army.
- Calhoun and most of the leadership of the CAS flee to Brazil with their families and slaves. They also take considerable knowledge in the arts of governance and war.
- The King calls on Congress to pass a bill for compensated manumission and plans for post freedom life. The Congress passes the Manumission Act of 1827, it compensates owns for slaves, gives the slaves a plot of land either in the west or in the African colonies. The Congress also bans slavery and passes an amendment that grants universal male suffrage.
- Brazil and Argentina go to war over Uruguay. Brazil begins receiving help from its newest citizens, the American expatriates.
- Joseph Smith receives the Book of Mormon

1828 – American settlers begin settling en masse in northern Mexico, in the California and Texas regions.
- Brazil annexes Uruguay. Argentina purchases a number of older warships from Great Britain and the United States. They further hire American and Prussian military officers to re-train their army. Miguel I of Brazil uses the victory to rally the people to his side and end the rivalries that had developed before the war.
- France approves a liberal constitution. It follows a model similar to the United States in that the Monarch rules in fact but is bound by the constitution and checks from the legislature.
- The Federalists dominate Congress in the wake of the Insurrection War that is largely viewed as started by the Whigs.

1829 – Under pressure from the United States, which has a growing Catholic population, Great Britain restores religious freedom in Ireland.

1830 – The Church Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is founded
- William IV succeeds his father in Britain
- Britain and the US resolve minor territorial disputes. America annexes the area of the Pacific Coast up to the 54°40'N latitude and west of the Rocky Mountains. In return, the US cedes territory in the middle portion of the country, further a payment of $5,000,000 is made, and the US accepts several thousand Irish immigrants into its borders.
- Fifteen years after the Treaty of Vienna, the countries of South America have benefited greatly from their relationship with Britain and the United States has been useful to all. With the exception of the Argentine-Brazil War the continent has enjoyed peace and stability. Trade and commerce are flourishing and the money that is being created is being used to fund further development projects and create a stabile and educated middle class.
- France invades Algeria

1831 – Faced with a continued flood of Americans moving into northern Mexico, Emperor Augustin II and his chief minister General Santa Ana try to get a hold on the situation. The Army, under Santa Ana, is deployed to the area and a series of laws are passed in an attempt to control immigration and make those that are there loyal to Mexico City instead of Washington DC. Included in these laws are requirements that those that own property are Catholic and give up American citizenship. Many do convert, but next to none give up their citizenship and many ignore the laws.
- The US sends and envoy to Mexico City demanding the rights of Americans be respected by the Mexican Government and that the army on the border be removed. When they refuse, an army under General Zachary Taylor, Earl of Savannah, moves to the region. Included in the Army are the Royal Dakota Infantry and Royal Cherokee Cavalry. Furthermore, King William’s eldest son, Benedict is serving in the Royal Blue and Red’s, the Household Cavalry Division.
- Following the lead of the US, Great Britain abolishes slavery within the Empire.

1832 – Joseph Smith Jr., founder of the Mormons, is killed.
- The Whigs start to gain back seats in Congress, but are still by far the minority.
- The Kingdom of Greece is created and Otto of Bavaria is crowned King Othon I

1833 – General Santa Ana, oversees the execution of several prominent Americans in the Texas for refusing to swear loyalty to Mexico City (give up their citizenship in America). Word spreads quickly through Texas and America. Before long, a group of American Texans seize control of the region and declare their independence. They invite King William to become King of Texas and to bring in American troops, William accepts. American troops soon march into Texas.
- Emperor Augustin II of Mexico is incensed at the American response. He orders Santa Ana to pacify the rebellion in Mexico and defeat the American invaders.
- Unfortunately, the American military is too much for Santa Ana and he is soon forced back. American forces swell over the border at several points, including California and Texas. Furthermore, the Navy, equipped with steam warships, establishes a blockade of the important ports in Mexico and land Marines in the Yucatan to support a rebellion that has emerged there.
- The rebellion in the Yucatan has spread to the southern region of Mexico as the United Kingdom of Central America declares independence. It is immediately recognized by the United States and Great Britain.
- At the battle of the Rio Grande Santa Ana’s forces are defeated by the American Army. The Royal Dakota Infantry and Royal Cherokee Cavalry prove especially courageous as the battle progresses. The Royal Dakota Infantry will receive the most medals from the battle. Santa Ana is able to withdraw the remains of his forces to the South of the river, however.

1834 – Prince Philip Alexander Arnold is introduced to Princess Victoria of Britain at a Ball in London; the Prince had recently arrived to study at Oxford and is a part of the diplomatic mission there.
- An army, under Colonel Stephen Kearny, occupies Sonoma in California while the Royal Marines land in Los Angeles and Monterey Bay. The army, under Taylor, moves south of the Rio Grande.
- Samuel Colt patents the Colt Revolver.

1835 – An army, under the command of General Sir Winfield Scott, lands in the Yucatan. They bring with them weapons and supplies for the rebels. They also begin marching north. Mexico is now facing a war on two fronts.
- General Taylor’s Army defeats Santa Ana again at the battle of Buena Vista. This time, however, Santa Ana’s armor takes heavily casualties and forces Santa Ana to surrender his army.

1836 – General Scott’s army captures Puebla, the second largest city in Mexico.
- Emperor Iturbide, facing defeat after defeat presses for armistice. In the Treaty of San Antonio, Mexico was forced to recognize Texas as an independent Kingdom under the US, they had to turn over 1.36 million square kilometers (all of the OTL treaty plus Baja California), the Yucatan is turned over to the US, and the United Kingdom of Central America is recognized as independent. The US agrees to pay Mexico $20 million dollars.
- The United Kingdom of Central America writes a federal constitution similar to that of the US and crown Juan Vicente Villacorta Díaz King.
- Almost immediately railroads and highways carrying settlers begin stretching into the new territory.

1837 – Victoria ascends to the throne of Great Britain.
- The Act of Unification is passed by both the US and Texan Congresses. In it Texas will become the same as any other state, but be called the Kingdom of Texas. Furthermore, King William assumes the title King of the Texans.

1838 – Gold is found in California, settlers move even faster to the area.
- California and Yucatan are admitted as states.

1839 – Prince Philip Alexander Arnold is proposed to by Queen Victoria, he accepts and they are wed.