America's Funniest President: Mo Udall Presidency & Beyond

Great update on Udall and other things. For Soviet politics, given I've researched that quite a lot, hope I can help with that, give ideas for some of Gorbachev's ministers and such.

For PM of Britain what about Peter Shore? The guy was a well liked left wing nationalist who apparently was a good campaigner who a Conservative journalist said “the only possible Labor leader of whom a Conservative leader had to walk in fear of.”

Otherwise Hattersley is a good candidate if you want a moderate as PM and more plausible.
I’ll look into him thank you for the idea!

Which is?
Well, you'll see and you know a bit on it.

Meanwhile, tweaked a few posts based on the things of British politics:

Ah. Some candidates for Soviet leaders post Gorbachev. Look up their bios when you can to see if they'd fit.
Eduard Shevardnadze.
Georgy Arbatov.
Yuri Luzhkov.
Yevgeny Primakov.
Anatoly Dobrynen.
Boris Gromov.
Sergey Sokolov.
Pyotr Lushev.
Vasily Petrov.

1987 Overview
1987 Overview

1987 would begin with two prominent reforms within the United States, regarding voting. Increasing the size of the House of Representatives, it also did away with gerrymandering, a controversial tactic done by political parties to give unfair advantages while also potentiall driving to political hardlining. It provided further hope with a better tomorrow for Americans, especially with the next election on whether the Democrats can maintain the White House, Senate and the House or if the divided Republicans can try and make a comeback. Other reforms were being done and Udall would even get a third Supreme Justice put into place and helping to further cement quite a legacy for the president. Yet work remained being done such as further helping wit the HIV/AIDS crisis, Congress' potential work with assisting tuition of law students and plenty of other issues. All while the rest of the world kept making new changes and developments.

China would see a new leader rise in the form of Zhou Ziyang, taking place of Hu Yaobang. Like Yaobang, he was a reformer and would be on a crash course with the hardliners within the Chinese Communist Party though Ziyang's rise to fame thanks to his visit to the White House alongside Deng Xiaoping has been complicating matters considerabl, especially with Ziyang communicating further with the Americans. Having noticed how the Russians established their own computer science, the consideration for them to do so was also there. Another foundational moment would be the the Peres-Hussein Solution. Established by PM Peres and King Hussein, it would see the occupied West Bank be transferred to Jordan as a way to resolve the Palestine problem. Despite some of the criticism and troubles, such as the logistics of population movement and with the settlers, it would be ultimately lauded as a major step of peace and stability, though questions such as Gaza and Jerusalem remained to be discussed within the next few years though some in Gaza have begun forming into groups and hope to compromise with the Israelites or immgirated to the United States, the latter organized a program to prepare for such an event. Martial law ended in Taiwan and change came in South Korea. All while the Afghan-Pakistani War raged on and the tension in the area kept building. Afghanistan kept slowly but surely clawing their way into Pashtunistan while trying to rile the nationalists in Baluchistan. Meanwhile, over on the Punjab front, both India and Pakistan increased the fervor there though the blockades and embargos on the past few years have weakened Pakistan and the government growing more hostile to one another.

Aretha Franklin became the first woman to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Micheal Jackson released his famous album in Bad, despite the potential rumors he may be taking a hiatus from music in a few years. U2 came out with the album "With or Without You" while Whitney Houston rose up in further prominence after her guest star appearance in Huxtables' House while Guns N' Roses released their debut album. Over in film, Three Men and a Baby was a heartwarming comedy on fatherhood while Robin Williams would star in Good Morning, Vietnam. The Untouchables proved to be quite popular too while Predation (1) further Arnold's career as he would play a military leader leading his men to investigate a strange incident where they are being hunted by a powerful extraterrestial, showing an element of fear on facing a predator, especially seeing Arnold's character be overpowered in grappling. Other films like Monster Squad were doing quite well. In video games, Mike Tyson's Punchout! let people box with Little Mac while the first Final Fantasy game would come out, starting a prominent franchise. Television would change forever in animation with the first The Simpsons shorts on the Tracey Ullman show while Disney, after getting their feet warm with The Wuzzles and The Gummi Bears (inspired by a shelved project based on adapting the Chronicles of Prydain), they would release Ducktales, the first in a large lineup planned of Disney animated shows, here starring the adventures of Donald's Uncle Scrooge and Donald's three nephews.Though not all was positive with Disney as their "Euro Disney" plans stagnated due to concerns over potential culture clashes in Europe. All while more shows and sitcoms were coming out.

(1)- Yup, this takes the place of Terminator. Also, not sure if Spaceballs would come out or if it would, some of the jokes might be pretty different.

Let me know if missed anyting in 1987!

(1)- Yup, this takes the place of Terminator. Also, not sure if Spaceballs would come out or if it would, some of the jokes might be pretty different.
I'd imagine Spaceballs or at least something similar would exist ITTL given that Star Wars still exists and is enough of a cultural phenomenon for Mel Brooks to want to do a parody of it.

Let me know if missed anyting in 1987!
As an alternative, might I propose a collaboration between Mel Brooks and Weird Al based on Al's 1984 song and Slasher Movie lampoon ''Nature Trail to Hell?"

Also, unsurprising, some of the cartoon stuff will be different. Ducktales' Webby would be a bit more confident though not tomboyish. Probably the most level-headed though. Meanwhile, Calla from Gummi Bears would be more prominent as well I suspect alongside with Cavin. I think the series might do a bit better because how the writing in general for these animations are good so here, it's an even bigger bump in quality,

@CountDVB You might've missed some events on 1987:
1.) Ray Mabus (D) wins MS Governor's Mansion for the Democrats & was considered a rising star
2.) Roemer defeats Edwards' reelection bid for 4th term in 1987 LA Gubernatorial Jungle Primary election, causing Edwards to drop out of the runoff
3.) Philippine President Corazon Aquino crushes the rebels in their coup attempt very aggressively with backing from the US, etc.,

@CountDVB You might've missed some events on 1987:
1.) Ray Mabus (D) wins MS Governor's Mansion for the Democrats & was considered a rising star
2.) Roemer defeats Edwards' reelection bid for 4th term in 1987 LA Gubernatorial Jungle Primary election, causing Edwards to drop out of the runoff
3.) Philippine President Corazon Aquino crushes the rebels in their coup attempt very aggressively with backing from the US, etc.,
1) Thank you very much for there.
2) This one? :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Roemer
I’m not sure if he would be able to do well in a more progressive Democrat Party, especially since he was described as conservative.
3) Yeah, that still happens I reckon

With Billy Graham meeting with several US Presidents, how would he get along with Reagan and Udall?
With Reagan, probably same to OTL.

Udall I imagine would be a bit awkward given his past comments on Mormons and other stuff though at least probably have good conversations.

Graham may change his stance on some stuff, though am not too sure.