America's Funniest President: Mo Udall Presidency & Beyond

Nice, would the lineup be like OTL, or would it expand from the get-go?
Probably like OTL, but grow over time.
Nice.

That is awesome.
Yeah, some pretty notable changes. Negrini is the third Atom ITTL, being Palmer’s assistant there and OTL: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Enrichetta_Negrini_(New_Earth)
1: Nice.
2: Wow! Cowboy Bebop? What airs on AS at first in its place considering how CB was there for the full midnight hour at first?
3: Why would Toonami move to the evenings?
Toonami moved to the evenings also OTL, but in 2003. Here, it’s a bit sooner as they’re tweaking with content. As for what airs, probably reruns of animated shows for adults cancelled prematurely or they got the rights for like Æon Flux
So, would Invader Zim be more successful, be treated better and last longer?
Have to see. Probably modestly better than OTL at least. Show would be considerably different given how the world is different.
Nice, but I think MetroCentury Family should pick it up, considering how I'm getting concerned because I don't think I've heard anything about that channel in quite a while...
MetroCentury is TTL’s version of 20th Century Fox so alot of the stuff there is more or less the same with content and the like for the most part, just without the presence of Murdoch. One difference is MetroCen News is aimed at Brightburners and older Freeborn and even had Hunter S Thompson helped shape it in the earlier years.
All of these are great!

Overall, you made another good post!
Thank you very muxh!

Last edited:
Sean Connery might make a good Thrawn, and possibly Keri Russell for Mara Jade.
Keri Russel would be a bit too young (Mark Hamil would’ve been 50 in 2001, playing a Luke in very late 30s or early 40s).

As for Sean Connery, I think that may be possibly. If nothing else, Connery may find it fun to play the cosmic equivalent of a Bond villain. I think he’d be up for it, but I don’t know wholly.

Though what does everyone think about things like the political developments? I did my best there to picture how the Anglosphere’s conservatism would evolve without the presence of Thatcherism or Reaganism and seemingly, a returned to what worked combined with some concessions for the new landscape made sense.

Canada I can speak of with some confidence, though unsure with UK. Wonder what the thoughts of @Mynock are of thia? And yea, apologies that I keep invoking you, but I value your input alot, especially on British politics:)

Last edited:
Though what does everyone think about things like the political developments? I did my best there to picture how the Anglosphere’s conservatism would evolve without the presence of Thatcherism or Reaganism and seemingly, a returned to what worked combined with some concessions for the new landscape made sense.

Canada I can speak of with some confidence, though unsure with UK. Wonder what the thoughts of @Mynock are of thia? And yea, apologies that I keep invoking you, but I value your input alot :)
No worries. So John Smith will be looking to leave soon, teeing up a replacement. Gordon Brown was a natural heir to him OTL, but a couple of decades worth of different politics means that could be completely different. Really there's not a massive amount that I can say, other than that the new conservativism you describe probably draws from the One Nation tradition in Britain.

No worries. So John Smith will be looking to leave soon, teeing up a replacement. Gordon Brown was a natural heir to him OTL, but a couple of decades worth of different politics means that could be completely different. Really there's not a massive amount that I can say, other than that the new conservativism you describe probably draws from the One Nation tradition in Britain.
What happened to Tony Blair ITTL?

Political Info: The United Central Party
Political Info: The United Central Party

United Central Party Icon.png

United Central Party icon (2000 - present), Source here

Abbreviation: The UCP
Founded: 1990
Governing Body: The Unizen National Committee
Student Wing: College Unizens of America
Youth Wing: Young Unizens of America
Women's Wing: The Union of Women Central
Overseas Wing: International Unizens
Ideology: Radical centrism, social liberalism
Political position: Centre
International affiliation: Liberal International
Colors: Purple

Party Facts:
  • The United Central Party was formally called the United Citizens Party for the first decade it was around. The name change was partially out of respect for a state party who had the name earlier and also to symbolize their victory in achieving the presidency and formalizing on a political stance, showing it can survive its founder in Ross Perot.
  • The party was founded to serve as a third choice between the Democrats, who have maintained dominance of the White House and Congress thanks to President Reubin Askew and the Republicans, who suffered a brutal loss in 1988, not only to Askew, but former Republican turned independent John B Anderson due to backfiring of certain strategies. The party in turn was made to serve as a more "moderate" choice for those not wanting to vote Democrat, but felt disappointment by the Republican Party.
  • The mascot of the UCP is a goat. This came about on how the previous icon of the party vaguley resembled a goat or bighorn sheep. This caught in the political pundit sphere and the party embraced it. They tout it as a symbol of steadfastness, reliability, and determination. It is usually a mountain goat, but sometimes a bighorn sheep is used instead.
  • The party's growth in the mid-1990s was the result of the increasing interest of the neoliberal wing of the Democrats, who found themselves politically chafed in their ambitions and sought to revitalize their careers by switching to the growing party.
  • While factionalism has become less present in US parties, the UCP does maintain two somewhat notable camps, those preferring more neoliberal free-market solutions and those more squarely in protectionist economic practices.
  • Their popularity early on was a result of dark horse and underdog status and now have been focusing over on cementing their hold through being presented as the middle ground and continuation of good times along with partially courting younger voters through supporting Big Tech.
  • UCP tends to be more associated with things like The New York Times and CNN regarding news outlets, at least among baby boomers. Brightbangers of UCP are more to drawn to MetroCen News.
  • They tend to favor lesser government involvement in business affairs though not to the extent of undoing any preexisting regulations.
  • The UCP still remains the biggest party for electoral reform with one semi-prominent issue is on potentially reforming the House. They are also leading the charge for expanding the number of states, including DC and Puerto Rico.
  • The party targets primarily suburbanites, middle class urbanites and to a lesser extent, more affulent rural folk.
  • Foreign policy is focused primarily on economic concerns and tends to favor more pacifistic approaches in potential military conflict.
  • Favored pretty well with minorities though considered a bit slow in enacting change.
  • Considered the default party at times thanks to their approach at being the medium choice.
  • Prominent politicians in the party include: Bill Clinton, Albert Gore, Jesse Ventura, Barack Obama

Last edited:
Yeah, probably Gordon Brown. I think Labour is still trying to find itself in the European Union world. As for Tory leaders, I'm not sure. I mean, there is Sir Peter Hannay Bailey Tapsel, but the Eurosceptic stance would hurt him. Honestly, it will be tricky to say some of the up and coming politicians and who they'll be. Same for Labour. Honestly, I do think the specter of Euroskepticism will haunt the UK for a while, but I doubt we'd get the leaving of the EU right here. Though maybe the new High Tory and One Nation inspired folk realize that Britannia's problem isn't that it's in the European Union, it's that it is not a leader of the European Union and thus go forward there.

But yeah, hopes everyone like the page and wondering what else ya’ll would like to know

What happened to Tony Blair ITTL?
He would likely be a prominent politician, but not Prime Minister.

I’m glad everyone is enjoying the timeline! I know some of my choices and ideas are unconventional or against the tradtional grain of how people think events would conventionally happen, but it’s why I try my best to explain things as best I can.

Winter 2002: Tension, Growth and Eruption
Winter 2002: Tension, Growth and Eruption

058-destruction-of-goma-town-by-nyiragongo-volcano2-kopie.jpg

Goma after the 2002 Eruption of Nyiragongo

After years of tension, the Arabian Civil War broke out over in Saudi Arabia, officially beginning over in early of 2002. The House of Saud and their loyal military factions against what would be called the New Arab Coalition, filled with various liberals, leftists, Neo-Baathists and other groups, with a mix of prominent individuals such as Osama Bin Laden. The major powers agreed not to get involved into the affairs outside of just sending forces to assist civilians medically. However, this did not include some of Saudi Arabia's neighbors. Unsurpisingly, the Republic of Qatar as well as Syria have pledged assistance to the New Arab Coalition, given the shared ties of Neo-Baathism in those nations and in fact Neo-Baathists being the single most prominent force in the Coalition. Many have compared the conflict to that of Nepalese Civil War regarding the scope and levels of conflict. For the NAC, it was not just about overthrowing the House of Saud, but also bringing change over to the Arab peninsula. For some, it meant ending the monarchy and putting a republic. For others, it was something more radical. Of course, the coalition wasn't completely united. After all, a couple faction looked down at the House of Saud for not being sufficiently devout enough while others did it because they viewed Wahhabism and similar practices as heretical and impractical. For the civilian, they were still trying to live their lives as best they could and were grateful for international aid, especially as some began leaving the nation for neighbors. Omar and Yemen meanwhile found themselves gravitating toward more prominent neighbors, such as Omar getting closer to Iran or Yemen with Ethiopia. While it has been a messy war with plenty of guerilla fighting, no clear victor has been and many wonder how long the House of Saud can stand against this... and if they will survive the onslaught.

Back at home, the tech boom continues to grow with the continuing changes. As NeXT Inc absorbs Apple and Steve Jobs taking back his old kingdom under his new empire, the question remained over Be Inc, BeOS and its assets. Discontinuing it would likely land them into trouble and be seen as a slap in the face to the workers. Additionally, spinning t off and selling it would help NeXT Inc gain the funds needed to continue growing so they began looking for potential buyers. What helped was the Clinton administration helping out various companies from the effects of a stock drop (though it was not a "dotcom bubble" or crash as some feared). Before long, NeXT Inc would announce they were in negotiations with Sun Microsystems over for Sun acquire Be Inc and their assets. With Microsoft's division, companies saw a potential chance to try and grow once more and they were gonna take their chance. Sun Microsystems began talks after securing some government bailout from stock troubles, having done so to ensure they would not have to close many of their hardware facilities. While there were some other potential buyers, Sun Microsystems was the current big name talking and people were wondering if this would mean a greater focus of Sun Microsystems selling personal computers to the general public. Akashica was another company that kept growing. Going from just an online bookstore, it expanded to include media such as music, film and television. While some plans were considered for greater expansion for general items, Bezos rejected it on a number of grounds, such as customers' buying habits of most items becoming more localized since the 1980s and likely a shifting focus for services and the like. Others noted it was also perhaps out of concern for ending up like Microsoft while some even speculated it was due to Bezos' own ambitions shifting to further places. That said, Akashica had quite the impact so far, both in financial success and culturally, as the website who launch a "Graphic Novel Renaissance", thanks to being able to introduce an increasingly large audience to a wider assortment along with donating excess product to public libraries, which would foster growing interest and expand the consumer base.

On a more mixed news came the court case decisions over with A&M Records, Inc. v. Napster, Inc, though the plaintiff consisted of various more groups. The plaintiffs attempted to go after Napster for copyright infringment regarding the users sharing music files and causing financial loss to the industry. Various defenses were propped up, a more unusual one being that it actually helped sales in the long run by serving as a promotional tool with various musicians suc as Chuck D from Private Enemy supporting Napster while English rock band Radiohead noted their album Kid A had been downloaded alot prior to the release and that, isolated from other variables that could be attributed to it, Napster helped the album become more popular than it other would've been. [1] Another note was on the note by prominent copyright lawyer and founder of Creative Commons, Lawence Lessig. He noted that when Napster told the district court that it had developed a technology to block the transfer of 99.4 percent of identified infringing material, the district court told counsel for Napster 99.4 percent was not good enough. Napster had to push the infringements 'down to zero.' He believed that this argument framed the whole thing as a war on file-sharing technologies, not a war on copyright infringement. [1] The court noted on if it was actually practical to get it to zero for that matter. While Napster would avoid having to pay any fees for it, the site was still in danger of shutting down regarding potential other penalities and actions they may have to do. It also drove a notable wedge in the music industry. Chuck D's endorsement caught the attenton of various other musicians and groups on the possibility of promoting content through Napster, especially with Napster's genuine attempts on fixing problems. While some of the major music artists and so on were sour on the exchange and bitter for the potential loss of money, other artists, notably independent artists, viewed it as valuable. Napster users would take note on who supported and who was against them. One group in particular would approach Napster as the smoke was clearing for potential collaboration: Artistshare. Recognized as the first commercial cowdfunding website along with serving as a record label and business model for artists, Artistshare enables artists to fund their projects by allowing the general public to directly finance, watch the creative process, and in most cases gain access to extra material from an artist. [2] Napster and Artistshare saw alot of promise in the potential for collaboration; Napster could be kept afloat and not have to worry much while Artistshare could get a large network already to introduce new artists to and have them grow. And this would not be the only interest, as more groups were coming in. Overall, this was seen as the beginnings of conflict as technology kept evolving on various fronts and some people not wanting to embrace it, while others saw it as a way of the future.

Besides technology growth and global conflicts, there was plenty of other events over on the news to note. Besides the Arabian Civil War, Zaire would become the recipient of various assistant programs, especially by the Soveriegn Union, when hundreds of thousands of people would be displaced with the eruption of Mount Nyiragongo. Beyond assisting the displaced people and rebuilding, there was also the increased need to monitor the volcano. On more pleasant news, Queen Elizabeth II of the Commonwealth realms celebrates her Golden Jubilee, marking 50 years since her accession to the thrones of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. [3] Many found a sort of nostalgic constant that Queen Elizabeth remained on the throne and an impressive legacy of the time she came from and how far they came. Though speaking of European news, the beginning of the year would see the Euro being officially introduced in the Eurozone countries. The former currencies of all the countries that use the Euro ceased to be legal tender on February 28. [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------

[1]- Information and phrasing from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster
[2]- Information and phrasing from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArtistShare
[3]- Information and phrasing from here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002

Yup, so Napster doesn't get axed here, but still left in some dire straits. However, this budding relationship with Artistshare will have quite a profound impact not just on the two, but also for the internet and the music industry.

And yeah, Microsoft getting a bit weakened has left the door opened for other business ventures to come in.

Any potential questions or so on? I do appreciate everyone's input and questions.

Update should come soonish. Have to bus from work this week and that’s a toll on the stamina.

But yeah, everything looking pretty all right so far here. Very likely BeOS will be purchased by Sun Microsystems, which will be quite interesting given where BeOS was popular outside the US. Would also give Microsoft and NeXT some competition globally.

Regarding pop culture, Any questions there for early 2000s?

Any potential questions or so on? I do appreciate everyone's input and questions.

Update should come soonish. Have to bus from work this week and that’s a toll on the stamina.

But yeah, everything looking pretty all right so far here. Very likely BeOS will be purchased by Sun Microsystems, which will be quite interesting given where BeOS was popular outside the US. Would also give Microsoft and NeXT some competition globally.

Wait I thought Microsoft went under...

Wait I thought Microsoft went under...
Nah, they just got divided into two companies, which was originally planned for them in OTL until a last minute change by the Bush department.

One company, Microsoft, would make the Windows OS and other things, including TTL’s version of the Xbox, the Abox.

The other company, split off and known as MSN Software, currently has MSN and Internet Explorer, but plans to make their own version of Microsoft Office, but that is cross-platform along with other software opportunities.

Does puerto rico Lakota and Navajo and Washington DC and Sequoyah gain statehood or those movements begin to gain ground or started in the early 2000

Does the Arabian Civil War spillover?

How are New Zealand, Australia, and the Pacific nations doing ITTL? Have any significant butterflies hit them yet? Have any specific alternate events or changes taken place since the pod in 1976?

What happened in Indonesia what if Suharto stays in power for a little bit longer until revolution/civil war overthrow him

A Conan the barbarian animation series a she ra animated series and a Star Wars animated series supergirl and a hawkgirl animated series

nickelodeon constant payne series gets made