Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

You can use a variety of methods, from reprojecting the shape in QGIS, approximating it with smaller existing units like counties, or drawing the shape of the state with the measuring tool in Google Maps, which will yield an area measure when the shape is almost closed.
I used the Google Maps method by drawing out the state and then recording the area. Very crude method and probably not 100% accurate, but good enough for an imaginary infobox lol.

You can use a variety of methods, from reprojecting the shape in QGIS, approximating it with smaller existing units like counties, or drawing the shape of the state with the measuring tool in Google Maps, which will yield an area measure when the shape is almost closed.

I used the Google Maps method by drawing out the state and then recording the area. Very crude method and probably not 100% accurate, but good enough for an imaginary infobox lol.
You can do that in Google Maps?

You can do that in Google Maps?
1712460290451.png

Like so

NDP and Liberals form 'Progressive Coalition' united front to contest next election

Masira Hossain: The charismatic leader of the Michigan Greens is attracting nationwide attention; can she bottle it?

Motion of no confidence rumors swirl in Lansing, could it succeed?

3 MLAs defect in Michigan confidence vote, oust longtime Premier Daniel Douglas

Lieutenant Governor Russell dissolves Assembly, calls fresh elections

Douglas: "Safe, tried and tested leadership, vs tax hikes and willy-nilly spending"

kczOVuM.png
4EWXJt9.png

NDP and Liberals form 'Progressive Coalition' united front to contest next election

Masira Hossain: The charismatic leader of the Michigan Greens is attracting nationwide attention; can she bottle it?

Motion of no confidence rumors swirl in Lansing, could it succeed?

3 MLAs defect in Michigan confidence vote, oust longtime Premier Daniel Douglas

Lieutenant Governor Russell dissolves Assembly, calls fresh elections

Douglas: "Safe, tried and tested leadership, vs tax hikes and willy-nilly spending"

kczOVuM.png
4EWXJt9.png
Michigan in Canada?

Credit to scenario goes to @Padric1938

The 1980 presidential election would be remembered as one of Democrats in disarray, with fingers still pointed regarding their landslide loss to this day in some circles. While the Republicans were quickly able to coincide around John Connally, the Democratic primaries would be bitterly fought between Walter Mondale of the progressive wing and George Wallace of the conservatives. While Mondale would sweep the Northeast and his home state of Minnesota, it would be Wallace who would ultimately win the most contests and delegates.

Because of Wallace’s segregationist history, his being nominated was of immense controversy within the party. Protests took place outside of the national convention in Madison Square Garden, the people of New York not wanting Wallace in their state. The day after the convention concluded, Jesse Jackson would announce that he would be running for president to represent people who found both parties too right-wing for them.

Progressive and liberal Democratic politicians refused to campaign for Wallace, instead focusing on down ballot races or already looking ahead to 1984. Some even endorsed Jackson, the most notable being Hawaiian senator Daniel Inouye.

Republicans were jubilant on election night, winning in a clear landslide.

Wallace won just six states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, and West Virginia. The Wallace campaign had no longer expected to win due to dismal polling performance, but even they were shocked but this underperformance. It especially stung to lose Louisiana to Connally.

Jackson won the states of Hawaii and Rhode Island, plus D.C., three of the most left-leaning places in the nation. The Rainbow Party had found a voting collation of progressives and African-Americans who were able to deliver the reverend eleven electoral votes, becoming the first third party candidate to win states since 1952. More importantly, they had shown that they were not a bloc that the Democrats could ignore if they wished to remain politically relevant. Time would tell if that lesson would be learned.

1712625086440.png

1712625138217.png

Last edited:
Why Bournemouth? I can think of a number of places that might suit Tolkien better as a peerage title. Also what causes him to live longer?
Bournemouth was where he died IOTL and I just picked the first name I saw since my original idea of Oxford was taken. I don't know the conditions behind his OTL death so I'll just say that his health is rather better ITTL.
And why is Labour wiped out?
A couple of high profile scandals among Labour leadership along with the fact that the Tories TTL absorbed much of the appeal of Labour, with both Distributism and High Toryism catering to the needs of the urban working class and the rural peasantry, albeit couched in more paternalistic language than Labour.

A couple of high profile scandals among Labour leadership along with the fact that the Tories TTL absorbed much of the appeal of Labour, with both Distributism and High Toryism catering to the needs of the urban working class and the rural peasantry, albeit couched in more paternalistic language than Labour.
I don't think they could get literally zero votes, though...