Alternate Weapons of War thread...

Hapsburg

Banned
Major rehaul of the Dreadnought's internal structure. Basically, in between every main deck, there's a deck layer of service module components- ducts, wiring, cables, air scrubbers, pipes, plumbing, consumables storage, et al.
I also properly colour-coded the decks, based on my table for service colours that I posted in the Alternate Uniforms and Insignia thread.
To note: accommodations includes regular sleeping bunks, cryo chambers, mess halls, and entertainment rooms.

CGU Dreadnought cutaway.png

Last edited:

Sachyriel

Banned
Hapsburg I think you can fit more Orca missiles than that, though I'm not to sure on the details of your doctrine it just looks a bit less than what the ship should be carrying. I mean I get that they're tiny but it doesn't seem like you scaled the munitions really. Do they keep more the munitions bay? I guess they would keep more there but it looks like you need more ready to fire for it to be normal.

MS Paint, sadly. Most of the heavy lifting was done by the people who made the base images :). I just melded the two together by playing with proportions, changing coloration, and adding bits and pieces.

It's not sad, at least for me;). It's actually good news to know this can be done in paint as that and inkscape are the only programs I have at my disposal, and I'm still not very good with the latter...:eek::eek:

Hapsburg

Banned
Hapsburg I think you can fit more Orca missiles than that
Good point.
And yeah they keep reloads in the munitions bays.

I guess they would keep more there but it looks like you need more ready to fire for it to be normal.
Probably. I'll tinker with it some more. The main thing with this was getting the decks mostly aligned and coloured properly.

EDIT: edited the picture

Last edited:

Sachyriel

Banned
Good point.
And yeah they keep reloads in the munitions bays.

Probably. I'll tinker with it some more. The main thing with this was getting the decks mostly aligned and coloured properly.

EDIT: edited the picture

Maybe make a few Orcas facing backwards like the Humpbacks that are facing backwards?

I was going to post this earlier, but forgot to do so. Anyway, this is the third draft of the aerodreadnought, featuring larger engine nacelles this time around.

line3.PNG

Hapsburg

Banned
Maybe make a few Orcas facing backwards like the Humpbacks that are facing backwards?
What, like in the towers?
In actual combat, there would be. I mean, I thought that would obvious.

Anywho; here's a revised table of the CGU's main walker types. Plus the standard powered suits.

CGU Walkers.png

Sachyriel

Banned
What, like in the towers?
In actual combat, there would be. I mean, I thought that would obvious.

Anywho; here's a revised table of the CGU's main walker types. Plus the standard powered suits.

Ah, yes, so there are some of the smaller missiles facing backwards just not shown. Okay, my questions are done.

From some ASB Nazi-wank TL where the Third Reich is still going strong into the 60s...and maybe beyond... :eek:

Luftwaffe.png

The design is very heavily based on the OTL Helwan HA-300, designed for the Egyptian government by Willy Messerschmitt, but never got beyond the prototype stage. I'm seeing this as sort of a Nazi MiG-21 - a lightweight, nippy interceptor-type that ends up having somewhat more longevity and versatility than anybody could have suspected, cropping up literally everywhere... The AAMs are completely fictional, but they're supposed to have a sort of family resemblance to some of the larger end-war German unguided air-to-air rockets, much like the Sidewinder is kind of the ultimate descendant of the wartime 5" HVAR

Unfortunately, my computer has received a virus, 'Vista somesuch 2011' where i don't remember the somesuch part... but this means i am unable to do much, and have therefore been messing around in MS paint. Here is one of the results, simply a large metal cylinder filled with gunpowder and an as-yet undecided substance that burns slowly and hotly. I was wondering if such a missile would work, and not simply explode in the face of the user 9 times out of ten. Would it? Also, would somebody mind PM'ing me info about how to go about removing the virus, if they could?

VR I.png