AH Map challenge

Make Europe look like this in 1914:

Weird map.PNG

Yes.

Germany's gone deep in to Poland, A-H Galicia has been split between them and Russia, and France has Alsace-Lorraine. Hrm...

Hey, Southern Tyrol! It's... it's... Italian?!? But... but... Austria-Hungary for teh win... but... does not compute... ZAP.

...and I see that the Ottoman Empire has lost most of its European territories, although it still seems to control Crete...

Oh, and I also couldn't help but notice that Switzerland has appearantly lost some territory to Italy. (in the southwestern part)

Thande

Donor
Very good, euio :D

For those who don't know, this is an inaccurate "OTL map of Europe 1914" that someone found on a supposedly educational website :rolleyes:

Alright it seems these things need to happen:

1. Either Prussia gets a bigger slice of Poland or Germany defeats Russia in a war. Maybe Russia tries to prevent Germany from uniting and suffers the role that in OTL was France.

2. No Lorraine-Alsace war. How about the French unable to meddle in German affairs when it´s about to be united due to either: Revolution, civil war or a war with someone else. (Perhaps Britain, wouldn´t want to be in a war both with Britain and Germany at the same time if I was France:p ).

3. Ireland apparently needs a much earlier revolution, and it needs to be so big that the British give in. (How about French support like the colonies had:D ).

4. Italy defeats Austria and gets the Tyrols, perhaps Swiss allying with Austria:confused:

But what would the POD be for all this.

Alright it seems these things need to happen:

1. Either Prussia gets a bigger slice of Poland or Germany defeats Russia in a war. Maybe Russia tries to prevent Germany from uniting and suffers the role that in OTL was France.

2. No Lorraine-Alsace war. How about the French unable to meddle in German affairs when it´s about to be united due to either: Revolution, civil war or a war with someone else. (Perhaps Britain, wouldn´t want to be in a war both with Britain and Germany at the same time if I was France:p ).

3. Ireland apparently needs a much earlier revolution, and it needs to be so big that the British give in. (How about French support like the colonies had:D ).

4. Italy defeats Austria and gets the Tyrols, perhaps Swiss allying with Austria:confused:

But what would the POD be for all this.
1848 revolutions go differently? The difficult one is the Swiss, so I figure if the Swiss somehow get rolled into the revolutions, they might abandon their neutrality, with negative consequences years later when they go to war with Venice-Lombardy or with Italy.

The Hungarians lose Ruthenia...

The POD is probably Napoleonic...That could justify Sardinia (thus, later Italy) controlling Valais.

Is it me, or was Königsberg/Kaliningrad actually swallowed by the Baltic?!?

It was the last point of contention between the parties, negotiations were on the brink of collapse when the British representative suggested that the land could be sunk and become part of the Baltic.